• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help doing CF's triple neutral-ground 'A'

ChiefOnionSauce

Smash Cadet
Yo, I've searched the forum, but all I could find were tidbits of when to do it, not how... Anyways, as the title suggests, I want to know how exactly to do CFs triple 'A' hit. You know, where he does double jab into a shoulder ram, but the rapid hit animation gets cancelled. I've done it before multiple times by accident, but whenever I'd try to replicate, it wouldn't rap-hit cancel. All I'm asking for pretty much is the 'science' behind it. If someone could break it down, I'd really appreciate it.

Oh, and this thread may make it seem I'm a CF noob, but I'm not really. I'd just like to know how to do this particular move is all, if you know what I mean.

Apparentlynew

Smash Rookie
First, people will probably reply to this telling you to use the search function. Second:
Press A, A, then A+Z. I think this method works only if the punches are contacting your opponent (or something solid, like green greens blocks). If you're just doing it to thin air, you won't cancel the rapid punches. I've heard over and over that this is the most consistent method, and it's the only one I can do on command. Remember, it's easier to press A than Z, Z requires more depression to be acknowledged.

thechunkylover

Smash Apprentice
Angelo Bangelo's guide said:
Gentleman
Official name: Knee
Total: 12
Hit: 6-12
intermediary animation: 5 frames
KB: Above average
Range: Low
Damage: 7-8%
-The gentleman is slang for hitting A twice very rapidly, waiting a moment, and then hitting A again to hit the opponent with your knee, but not go into rapid punches. If you learn to do this very well, I recommend using this after shffled aerials because most people will block the first two punches. If you have difficulty timing this, you can just press AA really quickly, and hold the third A for a moment to ensure a gentleman. You cannot release A too quickly though, or he will go into rapid punches. A gentleman is rarely suspected and it sets up well for the knee.
~Filler Text~

Vall3y

Smash Lord
i believe the way is AA ... hold A
i heard isai uses it too
i doubt holding your shield afterwards, using Z instead of A, moving the analog, or whatever methods people use actually relate to the gentleman or effect anything

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
None of the methods are fail-safe, and I'm not convinced AA (A + Z) is any different from AA Z.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Actually, A+A[pause]A has never failed me. Ever.

However, more people need to use it before I can make any claims about it being flawless, I guess.

technomancer

Smash Champion
SDM's frame data (http://www.angelfire.com/games5/superdoodleman/frames.html):

-------------------------------------
Punch 1

Total: 21
Hit: 3-5
Window of the second punch: 3-25
Second punch starts: 9
Punch 2

Total: 20
Hit: 5-7
Window of the knee: 2-25
Knee starts: 8
Knee*

Total: 12
Hit: 6-12
intermediary animation: 5 frames

NOTE: to get the knee without the
jabs, don't interrupt either punch
animation; instead, hit A after it's
over.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
You can also do this by doing A, A, (Z+multiple directions on the control stick + jump buttons + L + R) without wussy pausing.

punisher47

Smash Journeyman
well you there are two ways. one way you can press A A hold A which works but not all the time then theres A A A+Z which should work all the time if you press it right i like to use both for some reason.

Top Bottom