• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help against Luigi's

UnChienAndalousa

Smash Apprentice
Pick places where he can't abuse his speed as well. I play a pretty good Luigi a lot, and my preferred stage is YS. You have superior KO power, and his mobility is lowered. Mute City is also good.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Use turnips to slow Luigi down. You cant really copmbo Luigi so dont try to stay into him that long when dealing damage. Turnip combs are a must here and you need to follow up fast, and if you cant, then break free from his range and dont try to land extra hits. For his N-air can stop it all.

DI away from his combos and dont try to get a Hit in like a N-air. Your really helping him combo you if you try to get a hit in, so just get away and get some space from him.

Here are some vids against me and a Luigi that may help you.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DldmkRzHEdE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1gY_5WSdFKc

Also since he is fast on the ground, best not to stay in one spot for too long. play fast and keep up with him but dont be too reckless and think.

edub

Smash Apprentice
also once you get get luigi off stage all you have to do is float and bair while he tries to missle himself back onto stage

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
lol@Fro.

Luigi can misfire, y'know. whip turnips @ the green *****. Don't pick up turnips randomly. A good luigi will **** you for it. Upsmash beats his aerials. With good spacing you can **** him up for it.

****ty advice from me, when I dont feel lazy I'll add more to this.

Oh and Mute City is terribly overrated here. Brinstar is a much better option. Mute City has parts with goood space for Luigi to like... do good.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I swear Luigi is easy after you figure out that he will Nair out of everything and after every air move.
Quoted for truth.

Take him to Battlefield or Mute - I wouldn't take him to brinstar personally since he can kill fairly easily there and the acid can save him from your edgeguarding at times. Both of the other stages mess with his recovery, and on mute you live forever on top of that. Dreamland, as always, is a pretty solid stage too.

I would never take him to YS, ever. If the luigi has any idea of how to waveland on platforms he's gonna be waaaay too hard to keep up with, and he kills so easily there. Plus, since the sides are so short, his craptacular recovery is far less of an issue for him. YS is one of my favorite stages to play on as luigi.

The matchup really just comes down to not getting greedy. Get your damage in where you can - a nair here, a bair here, etc. Use decently high knockback attacks - aka don't jab, dair is limited in use, etc especially if he's in the air. Don't try to follow stuff up unless you really know what he can and can't punish (most things he can). His approach options are fast, but pretty limited, so as long as your reaction time is good he has a hard time getting in unless you let him. Eventually you'll put enough damage on him that you can get him off the stage, at which point he's pretty much your *****. If he's able to get close without using his doublejump you have to be a little careful of him fairing you while you edgeguard, but if he's any real distance away just throw turnips, maybe float some airials at him, but mostly just edgehog his up-B. In either case if you manage to hit him with basically anything he's dead as his recovery is so bad.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
I've played a few Luigi's and I tend to do fairly well. Most of the people covered key points I was going to go over. To keep things simple; space properly, keep your eye on Luigi's movements and attack accordingly and just remember, don't be greedy. Fighting Luigi's usually last long so don't try to rush things.

Well, that is all in a nutshell.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Gimp his recovery. Do NOT let him get back, and stay the hell away from misfires. Also, he'll try to dsh aerial on your shield a lot. In between the moves, you can squeeze in a nair. At 0%, if you're fast enough, you can do multiple fc nairs against him... I think 3 is the most I can normally manage, regardless of DI.

Usmash is a good friend to have, as is bthrow. Unless they're at killing percent, always bthrow. It's 11% for free. If you want to get greedy, you can dthrow, shield and wait for the nair, then either grab again, dsmash outta shield, or bthrow.

One thing that works particularly well is to dsmash his upb when he's trying to recover. Seems he has a difficult time teching it, and even when he does, he gets hit by the next part of it. Make it look like you're about to go out and bair him, so he doesn't try to sweetspot.

I actually like Kongo for a counterpick, but that's just me being biased.

Top Bottom