• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
This is off topic and may be a dumb question but is Shulk going to be in the upcoming Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I guess this is like, the community's punishment for spreading those leaks like wildfire. No more interesting Pics of the Day....just Menu shots from now on.
Sakurai : Did you know that Smash Run is an exclusive mode on the Nintendo 3DS Version?

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
This is off topic and may be a dumb question but is Shulk going to be in the upcoming Xenoblade Chronicles X?
I think they said the game is taking place in a different world than the one in the original, so i guess no...

Also Congrats on getting Shulk, supporters!:colorful:

Last edited:

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
I think they said the game is taking place in a different world than the one in the original, so i guess no...

Also Congrats on getting Shulk, supporters!:colorful:
Oh a different world huh? I would hope to see him return in his own game considering he's more than likely in Sm4sh.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Most likely not. If Nintendo decides to make Xenoblade a long-running series, then Xenoblade will probably be their Final Fantasy or Tales where each iteration is a spiritual successor and a standalone title.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
Most likely not. If Nintendo decides to make Xenoblade a long-running series, then Xenoblade will probably be their Final Fantasy or Tales where each iteration is a spiritual successor and a standalone title.
Gotcha. I know nothing about Xenoblade lol

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I'd personally hope so, they've shown an image of someone who looks similar to Shulk, and the Monado is the Xenoblade in Xenoblade chronicles.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Anyone else think it's funny that
Shulk told Melia he'd be there for her and then ditches her once they find Fiora? Just watched Chuggaa's episode 40 and laughed about it to myself

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
That was her reaction when Shulk tried to help her?

I would have just left her where she was and just look for Fiora, unless she was important to the plot and even then I would hate having her around.
It was more of an instinct reaction as opposed to a rational one. :p

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Spoiler warning

As much as I love Melia, this is one of the best gifs involving her and Shulk. Sums things up quite nicely.

And now a close up..

I'm so terrible

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
But he is in.
B-b-but da leek is ttly fayk eetz a BRAWL MAWD!!

*gigglesnort* I think we can rest easy. The amount of work it would take to fake that...it would have to be a mastermind plot involving a whole lot of people with a whole lot of experience (modding Brawl down to the high-damage smoking effect? Oh please)

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I just want to see Shulk's glorious hair in HD, is that too much to ask? D:
Spoiler warning

As much as I love Melia, this is one of the best gifs involving her and Shulk. Sums things up quite nicely.

And now a close up..

I'm so terrible
Man what the heck Monolith soft.

I ship (fjkdl;sa I hate that word, but there isn't really anything else to use) Fiora and Shulk, but why do ya gotta make another character suffer for it

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
B-b-but da leek is ttly fayk eetz a BRAWL MAWD!!

*gigglesnort* I think we can rest easy. The amount of work it would take to fake that...it would have to be a mastermind plot involving a whole lot of people with a whole lot of experience (modding Brawl down to the high-damage smoking effect? Oh please)
That + the pictures of the day showing stuff present in the leaks. There is absolutely no way the leaks are fake imo.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
If not Shulk then somebody who looks a lot like him. Maybe an ancestor or something. We still don't know enough about the game to tell.

Here's hoping that this Japan 3ds direct reveals a Smash trailer/direct.

Anyone want to discuss the Gaur plains stage?

As you can see here, Gaur plains is that vast open field field on Bionis Leg that you're on when you first enter.

Since it's a plain, that makes me wonder if it's a walk off stage.

On another note, I think it's more than likely that Territorial Rotbart is a stage hazard.
or maybe it's juju crashing his buggy

Last edited:

Ynikoma

Smash Rookie
If not Shulk then somebody who looks a lot like him. Maybe an ancestor or something. We still don't know enough about the game to tell.

As you can see here, Gaur plains is that vast open field field on Bionis Leg that you're on when you first enter.

On another note, I think it's more than likely that Territorial Rotbart is a stage hazard.
Maybe the stage takes place on the Raguel bridge. You can see the nice vista, "mushroom" platforms, lake and waterfall. And maybe Juju can be stage hazard crashing his buggy to the bridge like in the game :troll:

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I'm expecting Gaur Plains to be a massive stage with walk offs. Hazards can possibly be mechon , armu or other enemies. Based on the icon I don't think the stage will take place near Raquel Lake. I'd say it'll be the area on that map marked Gaur Plains. Grass environment some hills. Maybe a platform or two

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687

Maybe a stampede of Leg Ardun

Ynikoma

Smash Rookie
I'm expecting Gaur Plains to be a massive stage with walk offs. Hazards can possibly be mechon , armu or other enemies. Based on the icon I don't think the stage will take place near Raquel Lake. I'd say it'll be the area on that map marked Gaur Plains. Grass environment some hills. Maybe a platform or two
Yeah, i think this sounds really plausible. I have always imagined the Gaur Plains stage to be something like this.

My Raguel bridge suggestion was sarcasm btw, if you're referring to it.

Last edited:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
That + the pictures of the day showing stuff present in the leaks. There is absolutely no way the leaks are fake imo.
Wait, there are people who still think the leak is fake? I thought we've moved past the denial phase of grief and were on bargaining...

Spoiler warning

And now a close up..

I'm so terrible
If you pause right here you can pinpoint the exact moment her heart breaks.

So Ninendo is holding a behind closed doors event at Pax that's press only. Supposedly they're showing the final build of the 3DS version. Keep in mind too at Nintendo last closed doors event Pac Man was revealed. Not saying don't get your hopes up but there is precedent.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Wait, there are people who still think the leak is fake? I thought we've moved past the denial phase of grief and were on bargaining...

If you pause right here you can pinpoint the exact moment her heart breaks.

So Ninendo is holding a behind closed doors event at Pax that's press only. Supposedly they're showing the final build of the 3DS version. Keep in mind too at Nintendo last closed doors event Pac Man was revealed. Not saying don't get your hopes up but there is precedent.
Also, Japan only direct tomorrow it seems.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Raguel Lake has built in platforms, might be a good fit for Smash.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Man what the heck Monolith soft.

I ship (fjkdl;sa I hate that word, but there isn't really anything else to use) Fiora and Shulk, but why do ya gotta make another character suffer for it
I ship Melia and Shulk, it's a difficult existence.
My life would be complete if Juju's buggy was a stage hazard, but I figure armus and Territorial Rotbart are more likely. Man, Territorial Rotbart will be friggin' terrifying, though. At least for people who have played Xenoblade, just like the Ultimate Chimera in New Pork City got scarier for me after I saw an LP of Mother 3.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Sadly yes, some are still in denial.
I'm not sure if it's so much denial as suspicious about certain aspects. Doesn't help that it seems like others are using the information to forge their own fakes now that the menu schemes match with that particular leak.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I'm not sure if it's so much denial as suspicious about certain aspects. Doesn't help that it seems like others are using the information to forge their own fakes now that the menu schemes match with that particular leak.
It is one thing to be suspicious about small details of the leak or even Duck Hunt (since there is no video footage of them), but Shulk and Bowser Jr. are all but confirmed at this point.

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
I ship Melia and Shulk, it's a difficult existence.

My life would be complete if Juju's buggy was a stage hazard, but I figure armus and Territorial Rotbart are more likely. Man, Territorial Rotbart will be friggin' terrifying, though. At least for people who have played Xenoblade, just like the Ultimate Chimera in New Pork City got scarier for me after I saw an LP of Mother 3.
Immovable Gonzalez 4 Smash

I don't like the idea of stage bosses (Yellow Devil appeared waaay too often in the Mega Man games at E3) but he'd make a fun hazard or boss possibly.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It is one thing to be suspicious about small details of the leak or even Duck Hunt (since there is no video footage of them), but Shulk and Bowser Jr. are all but confirmed at this point.
Definitely not arguing about the video footage. Heck the main reason I believe the roster picture in particular is because of the matching information from Shulk from the video footage. I've watched the video enough times to look for anything that might stick out to me as a fake and was able to find anything, so I'm definitely not denying the videos.

It's more how much one trusts the other picture leaks and text leaks that have sprung around it. I have no issue with them all, but it was obviously going to have some major detractors surrounding it just like when Brawl's leak happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom