• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
For those who missed it, when it was confirmed that every Newcomer was going to have a trailer they also said that the trailers would be available to view from the get go on the game.

Not sure if that means both 3DS and Wii U, or just one of them.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
For those who missed it, when it was confirmed that every Newcomer was going to have a trailer they also said that the trailers would be available to view from the get go on the game.

Oh cool, like in a video section inside the game you mean?

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Oh cool, like in a video section inside the game you mean?
Yep. They said all the trailers will be on the game and able to be watched as soon as it's powered on.

It's part of the reason I don't think there will be any hidden characters.

Unlockable, probably... but hidden, I don't think so. Sakurai hates it when people post the hidden stuff online anyhow, which is why he's doing these trailers in the first place. He's spoiling it himself. :p

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

How would the HD trailers look on 3DS? I guess they're going to be WiiU-only.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I really want Metal Face to show up in the Wii U version as a boss on the Xenoblade stage, which will hopefully be different. I'm indifferent to a boss on the 3ds stage.

I'm leaning towards unlockable characters. It just goes hand in hand with smash and the challenger approaching screens are epicly suspenseful.

Based on what Gamexplain said about a new build of the 3ds game, I wouldn't be surprised if its the final version of the game in japanese.

Not sure how I feel on a character reveal in this Japanese direct, however I think smash content is at least guaranteed to appear with the release date right around the corner. Maybe they'll have a small smash direct next week instead...

@ Vintage Creep Vintage Creep Likely Wii U only in order to save space on the 3ds

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Remember that they might still show the rest of the trailers in Nintendo Directs.

And they're likely Wii U only for space, is my guess.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
How would the HD trailers look on 3DS? I guess they're going to be WiiU-only.
They would look fine. I just wached Greninja's via eshop on my 3ds and it looked fine.

The size of smash 3ds is 2.1 gb according to that packaging leak. That's more than most 3ds games, and it could definitely go larger if it was needed.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I've been meaning to ask: have there been any gems from Adam Howden's twitter since the footage leaked?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Remember that they might still show the rest of the trailers in Nintendo Directs.

And they're likely Wii U only for space, is my guess.
The 3DS version is only 2.1GB even though the 3DS cards can go up to 8GB. If they didn't put the videos on the 3DS version, it wasn't because of space issues.

That said, with the videos uploaded on YouTube, I will not be bothered if the trailers aren't in the game.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Somebody here analyzed Shulk's Moveset on the leaked footage. I would love to see it.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
It's mind blowing to think that they can make the quests more user-friendly, considering how great they were about that in Xenoblade already.
My guess is that they will bunch together some quests, like the monster hunter ones and challenges. The npc would give them all to you at once without you talking to the person 3-4 times in a row.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
It's mind blowing to think that they can make the quests more user-friendly, considering how great they were about that in Xenoblade already.
Sounds to me like they're going to make it easier to find an NPC you need to get to, which is awesome, because some of the quests where you need to talk to person X, Y, or Z were annoying. Let's hope they tell you who will trade you whatever collectible you need too!

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I pray for new Smash information on the Japan Direct.
This may be a stretch but I also hope that there's a newcomer reveal, in particular, Shulk.
In compensation for being the direct being Japan-only, perhaps they could do another "New Fighter Video!" trailer for the rest of the world, but I don't think that's very likely.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I thought the quest system was great as well, though it did receive a lot of complaints due to the amount of quests given and inconvenient NPC schedule. But yeah, I'm really glad they're improving this.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I thought the quest system was great as well, though it did receive a lot of complaints due to the amount of quests given and inconvenient NPC schedule. But yeah, I'm really glad they're improving this.
I didn't mind the NPCs having their own schedules, it added to the realism a bit. What annoyed me, though, was that it would only tell you "This NPC is in Colony 9." Well, yeah, but that's not entirely helpful when Colony 9, and every other location in the game, is just enormous. What would be cool is if you could select a quest and then a marker would appear on your map telling you where the next NPC you need to talk to is.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mind the NPCs having their own schedules, it added to the realism a bit. What annoyed me, though, was that it would only tell you "This NPC is in Colony 9." Well, yeah, but that's not entirely helpful when Colony 9, and every other location in the game, is just enormous. What would be cool is if you could select a quest and then a marker would appear on your map telling you where the next NPC you need to talk to is.
Or a better radar. The icon for anything only pooped up when you are really close to them.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
quick question, do you know if Nintendo plans to re-release Xenoblade chronicles on the west? or make it a downloadble game? never have heard of shulk before smash speculation, but i was interested on the xenoblade game for the wii-U. then i decided that it could be interesting enough and looked for xenoblade on amazon to play it.. and welp, the cheapest is one hunded dollars ._.

Now i'm hearing the OST which is pretty good and i really wish to eventually play this game (i'm also getting Sin and punishment and Last story, thinking about Pandora's Tower)

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
I'm personally happy that they are going to put labels on the maps for your side quests instead of just the main quest.

I'd probably go insane if the map is really 5x bigger than Xenoblade Chronicles and they tell you to find a certain item somewhere that isn't shown on the map. XD

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Complaints about a game having too much (completely optional) content? That's a first. And complaining about NPC schedules is completely ridiculous when the affinity chart tells you when they're out, and you can switch to any time of the day you want whenever you want.
quick question, do you know if Nintendo plans to re-release Xenoblade chronicles on the west? or make it a downloadble game? never have heard of shulk before smash speculation, but i was interested on the xenoblade game for the wii-U. then i decided that it could be interesting enough and looked for xenoblade on amazon to play it.. and welp, the cheapest is one hunded dollars ._.

Now i'm hearing the OST which is pretty good and i really wish to eventually play this game (i'm also getting Sin and punishment and Last story, thinking about Pandora's Tower)
Well, if you live in the US, at least, you can probably find it in a Gamestop somewhere for less than $100. They've been lowering the prices recently, so you might even be able to find it for $40 used, if you're lucky.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else think Shulk and Fiora look... related... They also kind of look like the main characters from Yosuga no Sora.

Ynikoma

Smash Rookie
I'm personally happy that they are going to put labels on the maps for your side quests instead of just the main quest.

I'd probably go insane if the map is really 5x bigger than Xenoblade Chronicles and they tell you to find a certain item somewhere that isn't shown on the map. XD
I actually liked that everything wasn't pointed out in the map in Xenoblade. I spent hours and hours away from the main storyline and discovered things at my own pace. It never felt tedious task to try to find something, there were hints, and often times I already had some sort of idea where to find it since I had spent so much time exploring the world.

I'm personally ecxited to feel the same sence of exploration in the Xenoblade Chronicles X which probably will have even more things to discover. Going around the environment, finding secret places, new enemies, item, side quests etc, on your own is a great way to make you feel more engaged to the world around you. And that's what I really enjoy and want from the new game along with a great story and gameplay.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
I actually liked that everything wasn't pointed out in the map in Xenoblade. I spent hours and hours away from the main storyline and discovered things at my own pace. It never felt tedious task to try to find something, there were hints, and often times I already had some sort of idea where to find it since I had spent so much time exploring the world.

I'm personally ecxited to feel the same sence of exploration in the Xenoblade Chronicles X which probably will have even more things to discover. Going around the environment, finding secret places, new enemies, item, side quests etc, on your own is a great way to make you feel more engaged to the world around you. And that's what I really enjoy and want from the new game along with a great story and gameplay.
I think my biggest problem was probably the NPC's as someone mentioned. If I was told to find a certain NPC, I usually had no idea where to go aside from what time it needed to be.

Can't say HOW many times I had to use my computer to look up an NPC's location and time. Otherwise I'd probably have never completed it 100%.

If you managed to that without looking up anything, then props to you. I wouldn't have been able to do that. XD Not enough patience and time.

Last edited:

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Complaints about a game having too much (completely optional) content? That's a first. And complaining about NPC schedules is completely ridiculous when the affinity chart tells you when they're out, and you can switch to any time of the day you want whenever you want.
For the latter, I kind of agree. For the former, even though the quests were completely optional, some people were forced to complete them due to feeling "OCD," which I can relate, but I didn't always find them tedious. I'm guessing it's because the exclamation mark above a NPC's head gives out too much attention to the player not to ignore it? XD

Last edited:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Oh good, it's really nice that they are doing that with the quests. Quests weren't too bad for me once I was familiarized with who is who in each town, but early on it was pretty hard.

In chugga's let's play, however, I noticed that when he picks up a quest there's this little interface that pops up at the bottom of the screen. I don't have that... and I looked through options and there doesn't seem to be an option for it. Do you all have that too?

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Oh good, it's really nice that they are doing that with the quests. Quests weren't too bad for me once I was familiarized with who is who in each town, but early on it was pretty hard.

In chugga's let's play, however, I noticed that when he picks up a quest there's this little interface that pops up at the bottom of the screen. I don't have that... and I looked through options and there doesn't seem to be an option for it. Do you all have that too?
He just edits that in, it's to help people who use it as a walkthrough to complete the quest.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
For the latter, I kind of agree. For the former, even though the quests were completely optional, some people were forced to complete them due to feeling "OCD," which I can relate, but I didn't always find them tedious. I'm guessing it's because the exclamation mark above a NPC's head gives out too much attention to the player not to ignore it? XD
It's not the game's fault that people were feeling "OCD". And I ignored the quest markers just fine in my first playthrough. :b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom