• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I always liked Mechonis Field. I just think Central Factory is kinda underated.
I love Mechonis Field for playing something while listening to it. It always makes me feel calm and not nervous like I actually tend to be.
Let's see... for calm music I would go:
Riki's tenderness
Shulk and Fiora
Reminiscence
Reminiscence/music box
Hometown
Hometown/Night
Colony 9 / Night
Satorl, the Shimmering Marsh / Night
Makna Woods / night
Saihate Village / Night
Eryth Sea
Eryth Sea / Night
Snowy Mt. Valak
Snowy Mt. Valak / Night
Into Deadlands... / Night
Mechonis Field
Agniritha, Imperial Capital / Night
Hope
Main Theme
Daily Life
Memories
Thoughts to a Friend

Geeze, there's so many calming songs o_o. They each have their different effects though.
-
Look out it's a Shulknado! I'd like to see a photoshop of that! heh

...wait for me zippy3214. I'm coming too
Well we have the Monado Cyclones or Mornados
:4dedede:

Last edited:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
A trailer Avalanche Abaasy?

I'll show myself out now...
I had a nightmare about Avalanche Abaasy last night. (Due in no small part to our special spam conversation, I'm sure.) I bet it would have been a much more pleasant dream if a Shulk trailer had been included in it. D:

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Well we have the Monado Cyclones or Mornados
:4dedede:
Oh Bionis that made my night. I just watched Sharknado and I couldn't stop thinking "what if this was a Shulknado?" and all the sharks had Hades' Riki's Sakurai's Shulk's head poorly photoshopped on them. This thread is getting to me, I need to go to bed

Last edited:

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
Oh Bionis that made my night. I just watched Sharknado and I couldn't stop thinking "what if this was a Shulknado?" and all the sharks had Hades' Riki's Sakurai's Shulk's head poorly photoshopped on them. This thread is getting to me, I need to go to bed
No! Never go to bed! Stay up all night! Embrace the Monado insanity!

... I really want a Shulk reveal.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
No! Never go to bed! Stay up all night! Embrace the Monado insanity!

... I really want a Shulk reveal.
Don't worry, I've MonadoMonday fever! This is why I'm now watching Shulknado 2: The Second One and after that, I'm watching Shulktapus vs. Pteracuda Dinobeast. XD

Also I'm waiting for the pic of the day

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
God dangit, 2nd monday in a row with a character deconfirmed :(
So long as "Bloody Monday" doesn't hit Shulk, I say we should try to stay positive. Monado boy's got too much going for him, and Xenoblade as a franchise has too much riding on him making it in for Shulk to be anything less than playable.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Some people have pointed out that both victims of "Bloody Monday" have been retro characters. Sakurai might be knocking out retro characters. If that's the case, Shulk is definitely fine. Either way, I don't think we have to worry. He's gonna be in. Hopefully we get a reveal soon.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I've been away - did anything notable happen on this thread over the weekend?

I can't wait to see just how many spoilers are in Shulk's reveal trailer.
You think this is bad, go back and watch the Xenoblade trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Xc6in86rs Of course, none of it is spoilers when viewed entirely out of context. I haven't rewatched, but off the top of my head, I remember seeing:
Junks being a ship and not a building, dying/dead Egil, mecha-Fiora, destroyed Mechonis, Zanza vs. Meyneth/Fiora, maybe a Replica Monado? Also, doesn't count, but it's kind of funny that the first song heard is one of the last in the game (The God-Slaying Sword). Actually, I'm pretty sure this is the reason why I knew someone was going to die in the Mechon attack. (Didn't lessen the impact though...)

Yeah... the hype is strong, but don't drop your guard!

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
*looks at post count*

Huh. That's a lot more pages for me to read...

*does a double take* Did we just...?

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
We should aim to pass the Ridley support thread :p
Oh, if only. At least we beat him in that Gamefaqs poll :p

Anyway, let's not get into a Ridley discussion.

I do like the vision-counter idea from that leak. Makes use of visions without being too invasive. I approve \o

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
You think this is bad, go back and watch the Xenoblade trailer! Of course, none of it is spoilers when viewed entirely out of context. I haven't rewatched, but off the top of my head, I remember seeing:
Junks being a ship and not a building, dying/dead Egil, mecha-Fiora, destroyed Mechonis, Zanza vs. Meyneth/Fiora, maybe a Replica Monado? Also, doesn't count, but it's kind of funny that the first song heard is one of the last in the game (The God-Slaying Sword). Actually, I'm pretty sure this is the reason why I knew someone was going to die in the Mechon attack. (Didn't lessen the impact though...)

Yeah... the hype is strong, but don't drop your guard!
That trailer was amazing, but christ, that is A LOT of spoilers.

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Leak? What leak
It's a few pages back now. Here's a summary of what it says about Shulk:
  • Standard Special seems to be Monado Buster
  • Up-B seems to be Monado Cyclone
  • Down-B seems to be a vision counter that freezes opponents in time for a few seconds
  • Side Smash is likely Back Slash
Basically, if this leak is true, Shulk will be designed as a stun-and-bash fighter, knocking opponents off their feet or locking them in time then Back Slashing or Busting.

Edit: to be clear, I did not mean Side-B. His Side-B wasn't mentioned.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
@ continuityOfficer continuityOfficer if you want to add onto the conversation and no one has posted after you, please use the edit function instead of making a double post, as it is against the rules. Just a reminder~

A character got deconfirmed? Which one?
Prince of Sable. Personally, I'm glad he's appearing in the game, actually.

It's a few pages back now. Here's a summary of what it says about Shulk:
  • Standard Special seems to be Monado Buster
  • Up-B seems to be Monado Cyclone
  • Down-B seems to be a vision counter that freezes opponents in time for a few seconds
  • Side Smash is likely Back Slash
Honestly, it makes sense, but I think something with Backstab properties would maybe be a side special or a down special?

Last edited:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Another one bites the dust. It seems Sakurai disconfirming characters is becoming a trend. Another thing people are noticing is that so far they're retro characters. So Shulk is safe, for now anyway. Also this kind of falls in line with newcomers being from series relevant in the Wii/DS/Wii U/3DS era. All these retro characters or characters from much smaller series (either Japan only or eShop) are being relegated to AT. Thankfully Shulk is relevant, not a retro character and not from a smaller series (despite what countless detractors say otherwise).

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So long as "Bloody Monday" doesn't hit Shulk, I say we should try to stay positive. Monado boy's got too much going for him, and Xenoblade as a franchise has too much riding on him making it in for Shulk to be anything less than playable.
Shulk isn't a retro so he should be fine. (I am getting a little worried as an Isaac supporter to be honest.)

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
It seems to me like Sakurai is taking a new direction with these AT's. In brawl, several characters that could have been viable reps from new franchises became assists (Saki, Isaac, Starfy etc). But this time he seems to mostly make obscure characters, retros and characters from already repped franchises AT's. The only real exception has been Dillon, but I wouldn't consider him to be in the same boat as Shulk at all.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I really want multiple Xenoblade assists. That would be one of the best perks of having Shulk as a playable character... the two best being the stage and music, of course.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I really want multiple Xenoblade assists. That would be one of the best perks of having Shulk as a playable character... the two best being the stage and music, of course.
I doubt multiple assists would realistically happen, but man... this would seriously be amazing. The more, the better. Once again, we should have a Xenoblade version of Smash, with everyone making an appearance.

Maybe I should just replay Xenoblade.

Xenoblade > Life.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I doubt multiple assists would realistically happen, but man... this would seriously be amazing. The more, the better. Once again, we should have a Xenoblade version of Smash, with everyone making an appearance.

Xenoblade > Life.
Give me Vanea, Egil, Diqson, the whole party, Juju etc etc assists.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Xenoblade > Life.
All the playable characters, plus Metal Face, Di.ckson, Alvis, and Egil could be cool assists or stage elements. I think 2 assists are possible with a playable Shulk, since they would all be so unique.

Of course what we are all hoping for is a Juju assist that drives into battle in his buggy, crashes it, and then stands around looking sad.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Ya know, since Namco is helping to develop the game, and there was a Xenosaga I & II port for the DS, how awesome would it be if Sakurai posted a picture of Shulk with a KOS-MOS assist trophy. It would be two generations of Xeno-protagonists back-to-back! Plus, we all know how much Shulk likes his machine women. :p
Now if only Square was involved, so we could have Fei included in there...

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
All the playable characters, plus Metal Face, Di.ckson, Alvis, and Egil could be cool assists or stage elements. I think 2 assists are possible with a playable Shulk, since they would all be so unique.

Of course what we are all hoping for is a Juju assist that drives into battle in his buggy, crashes it, and then stands around looking sad.
Juju assist that works exactly like the Nintendog assist.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Juju assist that works exactly like the Nintendog assist.
But if you gather enough random items for him before he disappears off screen he would give your character a massive buff.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
It seems to me like Sakurai is taking a new direction with these AT's. In brawl, several characters that could have been viable reps from new franchises became assists (Saki, Isaac, Starfy etc). But this time he seems to mostly make obscure characters, retros and characters from already repped franchises AT's. The only real exception has been Dillon, but I wouldn't consider him to be in the same boat as Shulk at all.
Yeah I noticed this trend too. Thankfully Shulk doesn't qualify as any of these so he's good. Plus as I said before, the more characters that get disconfirmed, the more likely Shulk is, not the opposite. Plus I would put Dillon in the obscure category.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
That makes me wonder, every franchise with reps currently have at least one assist right? Except Pokémon of course.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Ya know, since Namco is helping to develop the game, and there was a Xenosaga I & II port for the DS, how awesome would it be if Sakurai posted a picture of Shulk with a KOS-MOS assist trophy. It would be two generations of Xeno-protagonists back-to-back! Plus, we all know how much Shulk likes his machine women. :p
Now if only Square was involved, so we could have Fei included in there...
You know, if Shulk makes it, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there was a Xenosaga trophy. Rayman's trophy has kind of opened the floodgates to that sort of thing.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
You know, if Shulk makes it, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there was a Xenosaga trophy. Rayman's trophy has kind of opened the floodgates to that sort of thing.
KOS-MOS would be awesome. I just don't know if Namco wants to over rep themselves, even if she would also be a Monolithsoft rep. (7 basically fills her role as an assist anyway, just in a more spoilery way.)

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
You know what? I want Juju as an assist.

Why, you ask?

Because I want to crash that buggy into every single freaking character. FEAR THE POWER OF JUJU'S BUGGY!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom