• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
>Week's Pics of the Day talked about 5 of the modes of the game.

>Character reveal today is a guy who goes through 5 modes for attacks.

We should have seen this coming. Goddammit, Sakurai. :V

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Congrats everyone! Shulk looks really fun to play as.

The only thing I am disappointed about it is that Sharla isn't a part of his Final Smash.

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
We Win!
Piece of Cake!
etc etc.

I was so sure the direct wouldn't bring anything big, I'm glad I was wrong.
So Riki is an assist trophy AND a part of Shulk's FS, that's new.

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
"I swear I won't stop until I've scrapped each and every one of you!"

I can't wait to battle all of you.

Being in this thread really added fun to the wait for this very moment.
Thanks for the good times with plenty more to come!

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
took me a good five min on this icon so I dont want to die by last post syndrome.

to add new content to this post, I'm really hoping there is a rotating cast for the team attack, but that's doubtful considering his smash poster. Those two are the character I rarely use.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I may be late to the party, but I don't care! Shulk is confirmed, he's got a swimsuit alt, he's got stances changes, he's got a swimsuit alt, and he's got the Chain Attack Final Smash. I'm prepared to show people the Monado's power.

Also: My cousin decided he wanted to main Shulk after seeing his gameplay. HOWEVER, the one thing that sold him on Shulk before the gameplay...

Was the fact that he's British. :p

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I may be late to the party, but I don't care! Shulk is confirmed, he's got a swimsuit alt, he's got stances changes, he's got a swimsuit alt, and he's got the Chain Attack Final Smash. I'm prepared to show people the Monado's power.

Also: My cousin decided he wanted to main Shulk after seeing his gameplay. HOWEVER, the one thing that sold him on Shulk before the gameplay...

Was the fact that he's British. :p
That Adam Howden voice wins them all over eventually. It's only a matter of time.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
I'll be making some Shulk color alts with the official renders, any color requests?
And I just realized there's a thread for this. Woops

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I keep checking the Smash 4 section of the smiles menu. Watching... Waiting... Looking right between Sheik and Sonic... It's gotta happen eventually...

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
with all these alternate costumes, maybe Sakurai just want to make sure he doesnt get an E rating from ESRB.

D

Deleted member

So...

Take this video, replace "Hyrule Warriors" by "WARNING ! Challenger approaching!", and you will have exactly the same reaction when I saw who was the last newcomer revealed.

And replace the yelling guy by me, or one of the very first people to already have speculated about this character before it became cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Interloper

Smash Cadet
NNID
interloper323
I'm a little late to the party....but holy crap guys! it happened! Shulk is a playable in SSB4! I've been freaking out all day over this :D

Am I the only one who got a burst of goose bumps at the end of the trailer when I heard Metal Face's voice?

Honestly, that was actually what made me screech the most

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Congratulations on getting in Super Smash Bros, Shulk! :) (Sadly, we don't have an emoticon of you just yet, so:substitute:) You certainly deserved it.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Am I the only one who got a burst of goose bumps at the end of the trailer when I heard Metal Face's voice?

Honestly, that was actually what made me screech the most
That was amazing.

Sakurai could have just thrown Shulk in with Gaur Plains and left it at that but he went so much further with it.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if the Guar plains remix is a medley. you can hear the beginning to Mechanical Rhythm at the end of the remix.

Makrrrrrr

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if the Guar plains remix is a medley. you can hear the beginning to Mechanical Rhythm at the end of the remix.
I think they will put the original and a remix or medley. That happened in Brawl I think..

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Congratulations on getting in Super Smash Bros, Shulk! :) (Sadly, we don't have an emoticon of you just yet, so:substitute:) You certainly deserved it.
Congratulations on being one of the only Doctor Mario supporters I've seen on this board!

According to some people who have had access to the leaked information *cough* @ MASTERLINKX MASTERLINKX *cough* the standard Gaur Plain theme will transition from the day theme to the night theme along with the stage itself. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few other songs do that as well, although I am sure we will get a few medleys (on the Wii U at least.)

thecharizardf8

Smash Cadet
It's amazingly satisfying to think....a week ago, we were all just speculating on how Shulk could play out in Smash Bros.....and now look at us. So much can change on such short notice. It's almost strange.....I no longer have to wait for Pics of the Day with the fear of seeing Shulk getting AT'd :p
potd: Shulk is an assist trophy!- Sukarai :troll:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I still don't get what was bad about the reveal trailer.

They had a funny moment with a popular veteran (Bowser with the butterfly) leading up to his reveal.

They had a cool CGI action seen with the visions.

They introduced a new character to people that didn't know him - "Hi, I'm Shulk, I have a beam sword and can see into the future." They then had an in depth look at his move set and gimmick (the modes and what not.)

It was also filled to the brim with fan service for fans of the series - "I'm really feeling it!" "Now it's Shulk time!" "Fancy meeting you here, Monado Boy!" It even had his other party members, his swim suit alt, and a shadowy reveal of Metal Face at the end.

What, exactly, made it worse then the other trailers?

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
That Gaur Plains remix from when he fought Link and Marth alone made the trailer 10/10.

Music sample when Samurai?

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

They had a funny moment with a popular veteran (Bowser with the butterfly) leading up to his reveal.

They introduced a new character to people that didn't know him - "Hi, I'm Shulk, I have a beam sword and can see into the future." They then had an in depth look at his move set and gimmick (the modes and what not.)

It was also filled to the brim with fan service for fans of the series - "I'm really feeling it!" "Now it's Shulk time!" "Fancy meeting you here, Monado Boy!" It even had his other party members, his swim suit alt, and a shadowy reveal of Metal Face at the end.

People just not understand, when they play the game they will get it;)

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I'm from the Ridley thread, just wanted to drop in and say congratulations! :D I know you guys got a lot of **** about your character, (I thought he would just be another swordsman myself), but his 5 stat changers(???) make him look very unique. It looks like it'll take some time to learn him, but I'm sure that won't be a problem for you guys :p

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

I don't get it either. I've watched the trailer about 20 times now, and I still love it.
That Gaur Plains remix from when he fought Link and Marth alone made the trailer 10/10.

Music sample when Samurai?
Can't wait for some other remixes. (Colony 9, Satorl Marsh?) I love that he kept You will know our names just like it was. It's too good already.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm with you on this one.
Does Shulk have the best trailer? No (I'll argue that would go to Robin). But, did I like it any less? No! That trailer was incredible, filled with fan service to the brim and it greatly represented Shulk far better than that damn leaked footage ever did.

I lost count how many times I watched it... maybe over 20 to 30 times?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm with you on this one.
Does Shulk have the best trailer? No (I'll argue that would go to Robin). But, did I like it any less? No! That trailer was incredible, filled with fan service to the brim and it greatly represented Shulk far better than that damn leaked footage ever did.

I lost count how many times I watched it... maybe over 20 to 30 times?
I would probably put Robin, Rosalina (whom I don't even really care for), Megaman, and Little Mac over Shulk trailer wise, but that's it. MAAAAAYBE Greninja because of Charizard, but I didn't really care for his personally.

It's all pretty debatable though, it's not like any of the trailers were terrible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom