• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Just woke up and saw! So freaking awesome!! And now I'm posting in a Shulk subforum. A SHULK SUBFORUM. It's like I'm still dreaming! 'Course, I knew it was coming thanks to the leak, but somehow it's still just as hype inducing! Only Shulk could have this effect... Xenoblade forever!!

There's far too much awesome in that trailer and on the site for me to list here, but I don't really think I need to. What I will say though, is that that Guar Plains stage looks incredible... It incorporates everything I love about Xenoblade, including the amazing view from Kneecap Hill. Simply gorgeous...

And Riki, Dunban, Metal Face, Swimsuit Shulk... I just... I don't even know how to describe it all. I'm just so happy...:chuckle:

Only thing that bums me out is the unfortunate amount of people saying things like "who's this guy?" or "another sword user, great...". I'm aware that Xenoblade isn't the most accessable title, but come ON, it's not like another Wii Fit Trainer just got announced. He doesn't even make you a little curious as to where he came from? It makes me sad that most the gaming community at large can't seem to identify a cool character when they see it...:(

Still, that can't stop my Shulk hype train. Bronados rejoice, for our dreams have come true!

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
YAAAAAY!!!!! I'm really impressed by how cool shulk is. I kinda just began to expect him and actually grew tired of him. But this trailer reminded me why I wanted shulk in the first place.

Frank Weast

Smash Cadet
NNID
devilhunterx2
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWAQAAAAAAAAAAOKDELFKEJFGJRTG'REITUJ5R4UIT34UTPO34TJWRJNR4JT34TJH34QKOJTJ4RTJIO4R5JITE5JIOOAIW45TJQ4IPJTJRITJ54ITGJA5TGJWRGHREBGFHREW
Shulk Confirmed

thecharizardf8

Smash Cadet
>shirtless Shulk

Is it too late to add me to the supporters list? Now I'll finally be able to play Xenoblade again on the new 3DS. :love:
what makes me mad about the new 3ds is that for all the people who recently got a 3ds who love xenoblade (like me) I fee bad for ._. idk what to do should I sell my other game systems like dsi for this?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
By the way what does Sakurai mean by: not the type of character that would usually appear in Smash Bros.?

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
It's so exciting seeing Shulk being revealed. :laugh:

Darn it looks like I'll want the new 3DS to play Xenobkade Chronicicles but I still need a Wii U. :c

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
THE SHULK SUB-FORUM. YES

Wait...

Shulk deconfirmed, let's pack it up and go, people. Nothing to see here.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Hello guys/girls I am here to congratulate you, I was not a fan until I was shown what I was missing with Xenoblade, I am glad I will finally get the chance to try the game for the 3ds (if there is international release), since I didn't want to look like a jump wagoner I never came to show me support, but being a fan since like 1 or 2 months ago

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Lol, just noticed the title of the reveal trailer is 'looks like we don't have a choice!'.

There couldn't be more Xenoblade fanservice in that video if they tried...:chuckle:

Bloop

Smash Journeyman
By the way what does Sakurai mean by: not the type of character that would usually appear in Smash Bros.?
Maybe because he's a one shot character, or a JRPG character?
Either way, I didn't like that, it pretty much sounds like he's a guest, and this will be his only appearance.
We better make the most of it.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Super excited for Shulk. I always kinda wanted him but not enough to be disappointed if he wasn't included, but now that he's here I'm crazy excited to be able to use him.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Either way, I didn't like that, it pretty much sounds like he's a guest, and this will be his only appearance.
I feel like depending on how Xenoblade Chronicles X plays out vs. how successful this new 3DS Xenoblade becomes......We'll either get a new X character or just have Shulk return.....OR BOTH

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
How fitting that that Shulk is the one character everyone saw coming, when he can see the future.
...I worded that poorly.

Anyway, he looks awesome, I couldn't get excited for this character because the art for the game that existed wasn't really doing it for me.

I'm surprised how many people are actually hitting on Shulk right now.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Yeah, probably this. Most JRPGs in Smash get little more than trophy recognition... I will be very disappointed if he's only a one-shot, though. Still, I would've though Ike was a one-shot, but he came back, so there's still hope.:)

D

Deleted member

I doubt that they would make Shulk a guest character. Why would they do that if Monolith Soft is now owned by Nintendo and Xenoblade is a 1st party series?
I say that Shulk is here to stay to represent Xenoblade. He's basically the Marth of the series now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
How fitting that that Shulk is the one character everyone saw coming, when he can see the future.
...I worded that poorly.

Anyway, he looks awesome, I couldn't get excited for this character because the art for the game that existed wasn't really doing it for me.

I'm surprised how many people are actually hitting on Shulk right now.
I'm just in it for the booty.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Lol, just noticed the title of the reveal trailer is 'looks like we don't have a choice!'.

There couldn't be more Xenoblade fanservice in that video if they tried...:chuckle:
I like how a theme of the game is about Shulk making his own choices, but the title of the video just like, "man you're not even past Gaur Plains, you don't get to make choices yet."

Last edited:

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I doubt that's a problem

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Uhg, trying to explain to someone on the front page that Shulk isn't 3rd party, so they say he's 2nd party... -sighs-

He's first party.

Edit: Page 8 of the Shulk Revealed on the front page of the forums if anyone else wants to chime in.

Last edited:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
To think that a game that didn't look like it would be released outside of Japan, had a very limited release in NA, and had modest sales at best would come so far as to have its main character fighting alongside all-time videogame greats AND to have both a sequel coming out and a port to the 3DS is absolutely beautiful.

Congratulations guys. Fantastic day for a fantastic game.

thecharizardf8

Smash Cadet
To think that a game that didn't look like it would be released outside of Japan, had a very limited release in NA, and had modest sales at best would come so far as to have its main character fighting alongside all-time videogame greats AND to have both a sequel coming out and a port to the 3DS is absolutely beautiful.

Congratulations guys. Fantastic day for a fantastic game.
It just sucks its on the new 3DS but I guess ill sell some of my old DS games for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom