• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUULK!
IT'S REAL! IT'S FREAKING REAL! O_O
I... I dunno how you can fake this...

On a bit more negative note, does it bother anyone that Shulk doesn't carry the Monado in his hands in battle? I guess it would make sense for balancing purposes, however.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
This moveset looks like garbage to me. JUST as I was willing to accept mode change Shulk, oh joy, his hands and feet start glowing for no reason. Let's have a good ol' counter as his Down-B, just for good measure. Oh, Air slash? Sounds like Dolphin slash. Obviously they are the same move.

This moveset looks like garbage to me. JUST as I was willing to accept mode change Shulk, oh joy, his hands and feet start glowing for no reason. Let's have a good ol' counter as his Down-B, just for good measure. Oh, Air slash? Sounds like Dolphin slash. Obviously they are the same move.
Blargh. We'll see I guess?

Bloop

Smash Journeyman
I agree, but on the bright side, we still got him.
That's more than the Ridley and K Rool fans have right now, so we can't complain /too/ much.
Plus Xenoblade music in the game, it's going to be glorious.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Blargh. We'll see I guess?
I hope that I can calm all of my salt before the game comes out. I REALLY want to like Shulk's moveset, but it's hard when this is what we get...

The Monkey King

Smash Rookie
We made it guys...it feels so surreal...I dunno what to do now...I think it's time to replay Xenoblade Chronocles.
#ThePoweroftheMonado

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
i think this is a hack for brawl. he plays a little to much like marth

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
If you turn the volume up, you can hear You Will Know Our Names in the victory theme.
You can even hear Shulk say Air Slash in a part!

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
It's only two moves dude. Don't worry.
It's mainly the Up-B. His Down-B LOOKS like a normal counter, but it might be different, so theres that. I'm not a fan of his mode change, and it's even worse when his hands and feet start glowing for no reason. I hope that it's gonna surprise me. Shulk reveal trailer soon pls samurai?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not really. My hype is completely killed. Mode change Shulk confirmed. He also has MARTH'S Up-B AND Down-B. He puts the Monado on his back after every attack for no reason, even though he never does that mid battle in Xenoblade. Falcondorf is also confirmed...
Is....Is your avatar Dunban reenacting the first stage of DMC3? That'd be creative to say the least.

Though a few things seem suspect. The Bowser Jr. gameplay solidifies this more to me. So now I'm more curious.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Don't forget each character has 12 special moves, maybe Shulk has some unique alternatives? Doesn't seem too bad from the video anyway, the only move that seemed to similar to the FE crew was the Up B, his other moves seemed fine.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I've seen people unhappy with Shulk's Air Slash, calling him a Marth clone.

I don't see how one move breaks a character. Bowser and DK have similar Up-B's, Lucairo and Samus have similar Neutral-B's but they're all different from one another.

Isn't a bit hasty to call Shulk too similar to Marth?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Shulk looks rather... uninspired, like a laser Marth, even his down-smash looks a lot like Marth's. Here's hoping for you guys he turns out to be more interesting.

For those people who are worried about Shulk's moveset, yet again, let's WAIT and SEE. Calm down guys.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
His hands and feet start glowing so you can tell what buff he's using. It's just a visual thing to make him fighting in a fighting game work better.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I agree, but on the bright side, we still got him.
That's more than the Ridley and K Rool fans have right now, so we can't complain /too/ much.
Plus Xenoblade music in the game, it's going to be glorious.
sigh
When is he going to throw us a bone? Oh well, the music is great.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
His hands and feet start glowing so you can tell what buff he's using. It's just a visual thing to make him fighting in a fighting game work better.
Yeah, I know. It still looks stupid though.

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
Just joined. Shulk has been my #1 for SSB4 since before the game was even announced and him being in is amazing.

I agree that while his moveset looks like it could be a bit better, that's not the attitude to take from this. Shulk is IN - that's better than other fanbases can say.

TheTaoDragon

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, people have been stating that the hands and feet glowing represent things like Monado Speed, heck maybe Monado Brave (One of NEVER MIND'S moves) for the hands, etc... Personally, I wouldn't mind.

Last edited:
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

If he isn't planning on change that name, change that name to George Lucas
He's not changing to George Lucas....

Where's the moderator when you need to force edit? :p (2nd time I'm requesting lol)

Last edited:
From the footage here, he looks to be very similar to Marth's specs.
(And 152 guests, LURKERS IT'S YOUR CHANCE TO JOIN THE SUPPORT LIST BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!)
Nah. Some moves are not similar at all tbh. It's just the up and downs special really

Iggy K

Smash Ace
We'll have to wait and see when it comes to his moves, hopefully Sakurai gives us a newcomer trailer for him that really showcases his moveset. Until then, there's only one thing I really want to do as a huge Shulk fan:

Strut

strut.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thought I'd come over from the Isaac thread to congratulate you guys.

But, I'm still feeling pretty sad....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom