• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Screen Shot 2014-08-05 at 3.53.19 PM.png

so nintendo when you giving us shulk baby

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I can guarantee you that as soon as the announcement for the Direct goes up, we're all going to lose our minds.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I can guarantee you that as soon as the announcement for the Direct goes up, we're all going to lose our minds.
really the only big holy **** character they could announce at this point is Shulk, Ridley, or mewtwo coming back

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
How much you wanna bet that the one time Monolith Soft doesn't retweet something is when Shulk is revealed.
Wouldn't surprise me actually. It would be cool though, because then we wouldn't expect his reveal as much.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I can totally see that happening sakurai telling them to retweet all the directs to get us amped and then the one they don't is the one that he is revealed to catch us off guard

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
I read that the guy (Yuichiro Takeda) who retweeted that post about the Monday reveal was also one of the writers for the F-zero TV show. (idk how true that is but food for thought)

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
I read that the guy (Yuichiro Takeda) who retweeted that post about the Monday reveal was also one of the writers for the F-zero TV show. (idk how true that is but food for thought)
So his tweet had nothing to do with Shulk and everything to do with Captain Falcon?

Well then.

Groose

Smash Champion
In order to get into Smash, every character has to go through an extensive training regimen. For example, Little Mac had to work out until he rose above human levels of strength. What did Shulk do to train? Well, he realized that his weakness was his endurance, so he decided to practice taking hits, and, well, why don't I just show you?

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
In order to get into Smash, every character has to go through an extensive training regimen. For example, Little Mac had to work out until he rose above human levels of strength. What did Shulk do to train? Well, he realized that his weakness was his endurance, so he decided to practice taking hits, and, well, why don't I just show you?

And in the corner, Metal Face is laughing. Looks like Monado Boy won't be as weak, weak and pathetic as he thought.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

And therefore, all of Shulk's attacks have super armor.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains

"Shulk, you're not meant to be the tank! It's Reyn's time!"

"No! I refuse! IT WILL BE SHULK TIME!"

That's what I had going on in my head at least.

domokl

Smash Lord
The one thing i regret is that there will probably never be as much hypeas monado monday again just because now we konw that monolith retweets because they want shulk to be revealed that day not that they know his reveal is that day. but he didnt get revealed but we took it like true bronadoes and shulk shall be revealed!

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
So a commercial for Smash 3DS just aired in Japan. And people noticed that under credits for companies Monolith Soft wasn't listed so they're saying Shulk was just disconfirmed.

Never mind the fact that Itoi wasn't listed in the credits so I guess Ness and Lucas aren't coming back. Plus, would Monolith Soft even be listed in the credits if they're first party?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
So a commercial for Smash 3DS just aired in Japan. And people noticed that under credits for companies Monolith Soft wasn't listed so they're saying Shulk was just disconfirmed.

Never mind the fact that Itoi wasn't listed in the credits so I guess Ness and Lucas aren't coming back. Plus, would Monolith Soft even be listed in the credits if they're first party?
This is just people idiotically jumping to conclusions.

domokl

Smash Lord

the stupitdy of some of the human race still really amazes me sometime. people need to do research before opening their mouth sometimes.

Whit

Smash Journeyman

Did you see Sega's name in the credits before Sonic was announced? Don't put too much thought into it, it just means that Nintendo is still keeping things under wraps. They are really good at that this time around.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman

I think they just don't want a single thing leaked/hinted at. If Monolith is ever credited to anything in Smash before Shulk's reveal, I think that's a dead giveaway for Shulk.
And there's still all the stuff going for Shulk, makes sense, etc. My confidence is still high.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

Mr. Saturn now deconfirmed.
Shame, they already had a model for him and everything.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Did you see Sega's name in the credits before Sonic was announced? Don't put too much thought into it, it just means that Nintendo is still keeping things under wraps. They are really good at that this time around.
Come to think of it, I don't think Namco/Bandai was officially in the credits until Pac-Man's reveal. I may be wrong, but I remember thinking several times "Wait, why isn't Namdai's name here?"

Also, even if Shulk wasn't in the game, wouldn't they credit Monolith Soft for Xenoblade music, trophies, etc.? And to think they wouldn't be helping on the game is just the dumb.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

After every trailer I've watched I looked to see if Monolith was there and they weren't. Every time I wondered if people would try to use that as an argument against Shulk. The only reason I'm surprised now is I would have expected for this to come up sooner.

The only way this argument would function is under the assumption that Smash 4 is being run by people that do not know how to not reveal a character on accident. It's the same level of stupidity as ''I didn't see any Xenoblade enemies in Smash Run, Shulk disconfirmed'

Nintendo knows that listing Monolith there, when they are not co-developing this game, would confirm Shulk, just like how Nintendo knows putting in a Xenoblade enemy to Smash Run would also confirm Shulk. In truth, the only thing that can be gathered from this is that Shulk has not been officially revealed by Nintendo.
-
Anyways, with my second run of Xenoblade I'm now lv 35. Just got Riki.

Oh yeah and I take back what I said about Shulk one handing the Monado. It seems he only holds it with one hand when dodging attacks and stuff, which is why I probably got confused. The Monado is light enough to be held with one hand, as you see in several instances with Shulk but also when Dunban is using it lefty, but it seems Shulk prefers the strength of two arms when attacking with it.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I just took a look at WFT's trailer. Intelligent Systems, Sega, and Namco Bandai were all absent from the credits, so there ya go. Besides, since Monolith Soft is first party, Nintendo doesn't even NEED to put them in the credits. They're technically counted under "Nintendo."

Argument officially dead and buried.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I just took a look at WFT's trailer. Intelligent Systems, Sega, and Namco Bandai were all absent from the credits, so there ya go. Besides, since Monolith Soft is first party, Nintendo doesn't even NEED to put them in the credits. They're technically counted under "Nintendo."

Argument officially dead and buried.
I'm sure they'll be in the credits once we get some substantial content they created in there. Like...I dunno, Shulk.

IS is also first party, and they got the fancy treatment as soon as Marth showed up.

....But yes, stupid argument is just as dumb and stupid as...we thought it...is...am...yes.

Edit: As if this argument wasn't dead and buried enough: Namdai was most assuredly not mentioned until Pac-Man's trailer. They aren't mentioned in Palutena's trailer, but show up right at the end of Pac-Man's. (All this when we knew Namdai was heavily involved in development.)

I think we've kicked that one in the ass.

Last edited:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
I'm sure they'll be in the credits once we get some substantial content they created in there. Like...I dunno, Shulk.

IS is also first party, and they got the fancy treatment as soon as Marth showed up.

....But yes, stupid argument is just as dumb and stupid as...we thought it...is...am...yes.

Edit: As if this argument wasn't dead and buried enough: Namdai was most assuredly not mentioned until Pac-Man's trailer. They aren't mentioned in Palutena's trailer, but show up right at the end of Pac-Man's. (All this when we knew Namdai was heavily involved in development.)

I think we've kicked that one in the ***.
I think since IS made Fire Emblem before they were first party they still own some part of the Fire Emblem IP, which is why they're still credited on the title screen. Whereas Xenoblade was made after Monolith Soft was acquired by Nintendo. So in other words I doubt Monolith will be credited since they technically are Nintendo and Nintendo 100% owns everything related to them and Xenoblade (keep in mind I have pre-school knowledge on the Japanese legal system and I carry around a bag of salt at all times). Plus the fact that Itoi wasn't credited means they're still hiding stuff since we all know Ness is coming back and Lucas is likely.

Anyway, so Smash 3DS will have more trophies than Brawl. And Smash Wii U will have more trophies than 3DS. That's insane! If they're having that many trophies there's gotta be some Xenoblade representation in the game. And like I said before if Shulk wasn't playable we probably would of seen something by now. The more times goes on, the more smaller franchises like Takamaru, For Whom the Frog Tolls, Wonderful 101, Steel Diver and Captain Rainbow are getting represented in Smash while nothing from Xenoblade. A much bigger, more popular series than any of them that's also getting a high profile sequel on the Wii U. The fact we haven't see anything yet is probably one of Shulk's biggest pros despite the fact I never see anyone bring this up.

Also sorry if I rambled. I haven't had sleep in a while...

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I think since IS made Fire Emblem before they were first party they still own some part of the Fire Emblem IP, which is why they're still credited on the title screen. Whereas Xenoblade was made after Monolith Soft was acquired by Nintendo. So in other words I doubt Monolith will be credited since they technically are Nintendo and Nintendo 100% owns everything related to them and Xenoblade (keep in mind I have pre-school knowledge on the Japanese legal system and I carry around a bag of salt at all times). Plus the fact that Itoi wasn't credited means they're still hiding stuff since we all know Ness is coming back and Lucas is likely.

Anyway, so Smash 3DS will have more trophies than Brawl. And Smash Wii U will have more trophies than 3DS. That's insane! If they're having that many trophies there's gotta be some Xenoblade representation in the game. And like I said before if Shulk wasn't playable we probably would of seen something by now. The more times goes on, the more smaller franchises like Takamaru, For Whom the Frog Tolls, Wonderful 101, Steel Diver and Captain Rainbow are getting represented in Smash while nothing from Xenoblade. A much bigger, more popular series than any of them that's also getting a high profile sequel on the Wii U. The fact we haven't see anything yet is probably one of Shulk's biggest pros despite the fact I never see anyone bring this up.

Also sorry if I rambled. I haven't had sleep in a while...
I keep getting fearful of Shulk not being in Smash, but I think this banished those fears for good.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
I never played Xenoblade :yeahboi: Who is shulk? ( Seriously I might just go google it.) btw Don't hurt me :C Actually I'll just scroll to page 1. Ignore me

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

Are people really that stupid, last time I check you see the real credits after playing a first player mode.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Are people really that stupid, last time I check you see the real credits after playing a first player mode.
Sadly some people really believe Shulk is disconfirmed now, alongside Snake, but they tend to forget Lucas & Ness are also cut then, due APE.inc isn't mentioned & Sega was absent at the first E3 Trailer for Smash 4.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

I think we've kicked that one in the ***.
Thank you based @ Banjodorf Banjodorf . No one can deny that Bandai Namco argument, no matter how much they try. Shulk is still safe peeps.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687

Play coins confirmed to be useful
Time to start shaking my 3DS :troll:
Time to start making my partner take my DS with them when they go for walks :troll:

On a non-spammy note, that PotD gave me a heart attack. I wasn't fully paying attention, saw a flash of red, thought Shulk was a trophy for a very split second.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Time to start making my partner take my DS with them when they go for walks :troll:

On a non-spammy note, that PotD gave me a heart attack. I wasn't fully paying attention, saw a flash of red, thought Shulk was a trophy for a very split second.
Glad to know I wasn't the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom