• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
the second we see something xenoblade in smash shulk is 100% in I think that's why we've not seen anythign xenoblade related because it'll be a clear give away of shulk in smash
...Unless it's a Shulk assist trophy.

Pls Sakurai no.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
the second we see something xenoblade in smash shulk is 100% in I think that's why we've not seen anythign xenoblade related because it'll be a clear give away of shulk in smash
That's what I think too. Character reveal trailers are like flood gates, especially for new franchises to the series.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
That's what I think too. Character reveal trailers are like flood gates, especially for new franchises to the series.
look at RH the sneaky sprits were seen in E3 smashrun giving a clear sign that Sakurai has soemthing planned for it imagine if it was a new IP that people are even huger fans of then RH it'd be a roit if they revealed somethign xenoblade related but then not a rep

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
look at RH the sneaky sprits were seen in E3 smashrun giving a clear sign that Sakurai has soemthing planned for it imagine if it was a new IP that people are even huger fans of then RH it'd be a roit if they revealed somethign xenoblade related but then not a rep
I was always hoping that someone would spot like a Mechon or something as a smash run enemy.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
So, basically, we're repeating the same thing over and over and over again. Shulk would be great, here's evidence, I'm pretty sure he's in, moves, stage, music, etc. 287 pages of the same thing. Basically.
Man, I can't wait for that subforum.

Owait who am I kidding. There's Dittson to keep us occupied for three more months.

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093
Speaking of characters levitating, has anyone questioned how or why Robin is just strait up floating mid air in his reveal trailer? Like after watching it a few times I realized that it's kinda random.
"...but we added that element to make the character unique. Who knows--the ideas we use in this game may contribute to the original series." -Sakurai

Levitating tactician for next FE confirmed! Ignore the fact that quote was about Nosferatu.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I was always hoping that someone would spot like a Mechon or something as a smash run enemy.
People have claimed they saw a Mechon trophy, but no one provided evidence.

Edit: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Whenever I jump off cliffs, I always zoom in on characters to see their uninterested expressions.
Melia: "I'm falling off a cliff, nothing new."
I remember a comic I seen where they are all pissed off each time they fall off a cliff saying it feels like someone is forcing them to do it

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
So, basically, we're repeating the same thing over and over and over again. Shulk would be great, here's evidence, I'm pretty sure he's in, moves, stage, music, etc. 287 pages of the same thing. Basically.

Owait who am I kidding. There's Dittson to keep us occupied for three more months.
*sits in a dark room staring at the Dittson gif for 3 months*

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
...Unless it's a Shulk assist trophy.

Pls Sakurai no.
I hope he is not a assist trophy that will be disappointing, hyping everyone up for a assist trophy. I still think he will be a playable character in smash.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

Wait we are repeating the same thing over and over and over again? Must be the memory loss that got to me.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
So I was gone all day (went an arcade near Chicago, got to play the original 1984 Punch-Out for the first time, now the hype for wireframe Mac is real). So, what did I miss?

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Wait we are repeating the same thing over and over and over again? Must be the memory loss that got to me.
It's not like there's a lot of Shulk in Smash Bros. things to talk about. However the moment someone who worked on Xenoblade tweets, ho damn, this thread will gain atleast 20 pages.

domokl

Smash Lord
The Shulk thread might be getting close to K rools thread but there is one BIG thread it will never surpass. you guys are going really going fast though.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Oh is there a supporters list on here? I wanna be apart of it if so please. :3 Trying to get on the lists since I'm a bit new here and I haven't done that yet.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Meh, new stuff comes up every once in a while.

The op hasn't been updated in a while. I'll send a pm to smashchu to update it after @BluePikmin11 add Bunny8093 to the list. Thanks for supporting shulk, btw!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't know if it's been discussed before, but how do you think the "Break-Topple-Daze" thing could work in Shulk's moveset? Personally I think it would be a cool Final Smash (Chain Attack) that would deal damage and knock down everyone on stage.
I don't think break and daze will be part of Shulk's gimmick, but I could see several of his moves cause "topple" (trip.)

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
I don't think break and daze will be part of Shulk's gimmick, but I could see several of his moves cause "topple" (trip.)
I could see that, or they could go another direction and give him break where one of his specials applies the break mark to someone and they take more damage for a while, or, something...

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Geeze why did I never think of Shaker Edge as a Down Smash for my brawl mod? It's perfect!

Personally, I would animate it so that Shulk does the majority of the spin on the start up of the move. He then slowly continues the spin as he puts power into the smash. Then, instead of the single hit like is seen in the game, I would continue the swing he does low and around him so that it gets enemies behind him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom