• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
You know guys, I wouldn't mind people saying Shulk looks Animeish if that means he gets revealed for Comic Con (if we are getting a reveal that is).

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
By the way, do you say "weak and pathetic" in every post you make?
I do believe he says it that much because Metal Face in the game says that a lot. Well, not to the extent this guy is saying it. He's also gone ahead and done a wild goose chase making people guess which user he is, but I think it's all baloney myself. Mostly because the guy who is him won't admit it, just making people run around in circles. What a devious *******.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
You know guys, I wouldn't mind people saying Shulk looks Animeish if that means he gets revealed for Comic Con (if we are getting a reveal that is).
Don't most of Nintendo's characters look animeish.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Assuming Shulk is in, if Xenoblade doesn't get a 3DS stage, (which you gotta admit is a very real possibility, regardless of Shulk's status) what stage would be Shulk's "home stage?"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Assuming Shulk is in, if Xenoblade doesn't get a 3DS stage, (which you gotta admit is a very real possibility, regardless of Shulk's status) what stage would be Shulk's home stage?
I'm still thinking that it's going to be Gaur Plains. The general layouts are very weird and foreign towards the player playing this game for their first time. You cannot also deny how iconic it is with Xenoblade fans; it's pretty much one of the most popular areas in Xenoblade for a good reason.

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I'm still thinking that it's going to be Gaur Plains. The general layouts are very weird and foreign towards the player playing this game for their first time. You cannot also deny how iconic it is with Xenoblade fans; it's pretty much one of the most popular areas in Xenoblade for a good reason.
Nonono, I meant if in the 3DS version there were no Xenoblade stage, where would you fight Shulk to unlock him or All-Star mode fight him? Like how Marth's "home stage" in Melee is Hyrule Temple.

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Assuming Shulk is in, if Xenoblade doesn't get a 3DS stage, (which you gotta admit is a very real possibility, regardless of Shulk's status) what stage would be Shulk's home stage?
Home stage? Obviously Colony 9 hurmhurphheue
It'll probably be Gaur Plains. Which kinda upsets me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Gaur Plains, but it's only the beginning of many amazing, memorable locations. Then again, that's probably why it's the most likely stage. I'd still prefer Satorl Marsh or Eryth Sea though.
EDIT:
Nonono, I meant if in the 3DS version there were no Xenoblade stage, where would you fight Shulk to unlock him or All-Star mode fight him? Like how Marth's "home stage" in Melee is Hyrule Temple.
Oh. Uh...
...Crap.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You will fight him on the Pac-man maze stage, as a reference to Monolith Soft being a former Namco/Bandai property.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Oh!
I'm thinking maybe Gerudo Valley? Makes some sense to me.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Assuming Shulk is in, if Xenoblade doesn't get a 3DS stage, (which you gotta admit is a very real possibility, regardless of Shulk's status) what stage would be Shulk's "home stage?"
That's actually not a very real possibility as every franchise is supposed to have at least one stage on both consoles.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Oh!
I'm thinking maybe Gerudo Valley? Makes some sense to me.
I was honestly thinking Reset Bomb Forest for some reason...

EDIT:
That's actually not a very real possibility as every franchise is supposed to have at least one stage on both consoles.
Really? Where was this said? I know most franchises more than likely will, but Xenoblade has only ever been on home consoles, and it is still a small franchise, so if any series were to miss out on a stage on one version, it seems like it'd be Xenoblade.

Last edited:

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I personally would, to be honest. D:

Don't get me wrong, it's not because of Shulk's anime traits, but it's the people that are quick to judge on certain characters based on their appearance. Since we just got Robin and Lucina, I feel like a lot of people will be like "haven't we had enough anime characters" or "great, another anime character." I think they should break that trend for a little while and then reveal Shulk afterward, so he can escape some negativity. That's just me, though.

Don't most of Nintendo's characters look animeish.
Pokémon, Kirby, and Fire Emblem fit that bill. Zelda and Metroid have a lot of western traits and characteristics in them, and Mario looks like the character you can probably find in a Saturday-morning cartoon. :p

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Anime = Japanese Cartoon
Mario, AC Villager, Olimar, Donkey Kong, Sonic, Pac-Man, cartoony
Cartoon = American Anime
Therefore, all of Smash bros is Anime
That was only half a joke

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I just woke from a dream where Dunban was staring in an Old Spice commercial...

What am I doing with my life?

Edit: now that I've mentioned this, why do I get the feeling that it will be our new photoshop?

Last edited:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Are the Role-players gone?

In which case,What track from the Xenoblade OST do you think they'll play during Shulk's reveal trailer?
I personally would really like Mechanical Rhythm, as it starts up quickly enough to work for that "Ooh, we're revealing a character that's not Shulk, aren't you sa-NOPE PSYCHED YOU OUT IT'S TOTALLY SHULK HELL YEAH" trailer that I want, and also it's a super friggin' cool song in general. They'll probably play You Will Know Our Names, though.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
that would be funny as hell though if shulk was revealed at comic con be a middle finger to shulk haters by sakuria be like "oh ok you think he's a anime character BOOM shulk revealed at comic con suck it haters!"

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I prefer engage the enemy for the vision/cinematic aspect of the reveal trailer and then You Will Know Our names for the gameplay portion.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I actually really hope Shulk doesn't get revealed at Comic Con, unless they hype up that there's going to be a newcomer revealed first. I want to see his trailer premier live, but I don't want to watch the whole 3DS tournament in the possibly vain hope that there will be a newcomer revealed.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I personally would, to be honest. D:

Don't get me wrong, it's not because of Shulk's anime traits, but it's the people that are quick to judge on certain characters based on their appearance. Since we just got Robin and Lucina, I feel like a lot of people will be like "haven't we had enough anime characters" or "great, another anime character." I think they should break that trend for a little while and then reveal Shulk afterward, so he can escape some negativity. That's just me, though.
I really wouldn't care for the haters to be honest, as long as we got Shulk. Don't get me wrong, they would get annoying, but it is nothing that won't die out over time.

Edit: Sorry if my message sounded rude. I fear this because of the way I worded it.

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

Edit: now that I've mentioned this, why do I get the feeling that it will be out new photoshop?
you will love shulk you will love dunban you will become one of us.. one of us..

Hype Train

Woolly World hype!!
NNID
YesMann
3DS FC
0860-3788-1263
I actually really hope Shulk doesn't get revealed at Comic Con, unless they hype up that there's going to be a newcomer revealed first. I want to see his trailer premier live, but I don't want to watch the whole 3DS tournament in the possibly vain hope that there will be a newcomer revealed.
Exactly. Nintendo's not hyping it enough to warrant a newcomer. Especially not a newcomer of Shulk's caliber. Not sure why anyone seriously expects one to pop out of nowhere like this. Is Sakurai even aware of this tournament or is this just NoA's doing? I'm sure he had nothing to do with this.

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. Nintendo's not hyping it enough to warrant a newcomer. Especially not a newcomer of Shulk's caliber. Not sure why anyone seriously expects one to pop out of nowhere like this. Is Sakurai even aware of this tournament or is this just NoA's doing? I'm sure he had nothing to do with this.
"Offensive" may be a strong word to use for this sort of thing, but it would be a bit offensive. Like, "tournament, con, oh by the way, throwaway newcomer, meh, Shoelock".

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
the only real reason people are thinking it might be a new comer or a vet is because nintendo did tease by saying their was gonna be a "few surprises" at their comic con

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
I keep saying this but I guess it needs repeating. If Sakurai intends to reveal every newcomer before release we may get more info on the next character reveal on Friday through Miiverse. People keep bringing up Comic Con as a place to announce a newcomer or vet but people need to think more like Nintendo. Why reveal a newcomer at Comic Con when you can do it the day after (in other words Monday. Comic Con ends on Sunday right?) They did it with the invitational and EVO, I can see it happening again. But if Sakurai doesn't mention anything Friday on Miiverse I'll go back to assuming we're getting two more newcomer videos, one for August and one for September and it'll be for Shulk and Ridley.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

I've been having the strangest dreams since summer began. They're strange because they're not strange at all!

Last night I had a dream that I was doing a little bit of research for a post on these forums when I discovered that I had the spelling wrong for Riki, and that it was really spelled "Rikui." I began to doubt my skill at spelling and then I began to worry about the mii of Riki that I uploaded to miicharacters.com, since his name would be spelled wrong on the site and it doesn't appear to me that miis can be deleted.

The thing is that these dreams are so real that there's often no reason not to believe it's fake. When I woke up this morning, I actually was still troubled about the fact that I had the spelling of his name wrong. I had to search for reasons why Riki is the real way to spell his name. Luckily, my conscious mind was able to figure it out pretty easily this time. There have been other instances where it took me much longer to figure out.

Haha that's right! For instance, on vacation a couple weeks ago I had a dream where I was doing normal vacation stuff, opened up my laptop to check the pic of the day quick before I went to bed, and I saw that Wolf was announced on the main site. After looking at a few pics, I accepted it and closed my laptop... then I don't really remember what happened. When I woke up irl, it took me a couple of hours into that day to finally question if Wolf was really announced. I just had no reason to, until I started discussing about smash characters with somebody.

Off to bed now. *Sigh* who knows what normal thing I will dream about tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom