• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'll probably accept people's friends requests but I'm too lazy to add them on my own.

I think I guilt-tripped @ Solfiner Solfiner into being my friend.
Smell you later, ethics!

EDIT: We need to have this image ready for Shulk's reveal, so we can all just spam it in whatever thread people are using to comment on the event in.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I'll probably accept people's friends requests but I'm too lazy to add them on my own.

EDIT: We need to have this image ready for Shulk's reveal, so we can all just spam it in whatever thread people are using to comment on the event in.
First, someone needs to photoshop Shulk's head onto it. Perhaps over the B button?

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I have friends now.

FRIENDS BE HAPPY!

SHULK FOR SSB4!

METAL FACE=TSUNDERE FACE!

Anyway, I was wondering what kind of non-character trophies from Xenoblade you'd like to see get in. I mean, like random monsters and whatnot.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I have friends now.

FRIENDS BE HAPPY!

SHULK FOR SSB4!

METAL FACE=TSUNDERE FACE!

Anyway, I was wondering what kind of non-character trophies from Xenoblade you'd like to get in. I mean, like random monsters and whatnot.
Well, of course there's Bionis and Mechonis (unless you include them under characters), then there's things like
the Monados (because you know Sakurai is going to spoil every last inch of this game), All the different varieties of Mechon and Telephia, maybe even trophies of all the various unique enemies (though that might be a bit much), and we already know stages are getting their own trophies this time around, so we could get trophies like Junks, Sword Valley, Bionis Leg, Satorl Marsh, etc. depending on just what Xenoblade locations are incorporated as stages. Maybe even some trophies based on collectible items...
Dobercorgi roadkill trophy confirmed. :troll:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Well, I made this:

And this:

(messed up the hat, but whatever)

Oh, and this too:

That should be a good start for now, hopefully.
Yes! Sharla's AI is the worst! When I was fighting Avalanche Abaasy, she would never know when to use cure round, even as EVERYONE ON THE TEAM was slowly dying because of flame damage. Things only worked out once I decided to stop putting up with her and just used her myself, leaving Riki to his AI (he was actually able to maintain aggro pretty well).

Shulk's AI is pretty bad, but at least his monado arts are ready when I ask him for help. It makes him bearable, but I wish he could just use them on his own.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Newcomer panels (banners would be a better term) are gone on the Smash site. Cue the new character will be revealed soon speculation...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Newcomer panels (banners would be a better term) are gone on the Smash site. Cue the new character will be revealed soon speculation...
I don't think that we will get a character for a while. I wouldn't put too much stock into the banner theory.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Oh that be wonderful...especially if Shulk was revealed. I'm starting college soon, so that would be a nice gift to send me on my way. Please Nintendo?

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Oh that be wonderful...especially if Shulk was revealed. I'm starting college soon, so that would be a nice gift to send me on my way. Please Nintendo?
I'm honestly not expecting much until the next Nintendo Direct. I feel the same way though. I was so excited for the summer release date since I'd be home from college. Oh well, I'll still be playing it come October

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Trying to catch up on what I missed and people are putting spoilers in spoilers in spoilers in spoilers in spoilers in spoilers in spoilers... dammit...
:happysheep::happysheep:
I'm not opening any one of your posts that has more than 2 spoilers stacked on top of each other, ok?

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm honestly not expecting much until the next Nintendo Direct. I feel the same way though. I was so excited for the summer release date since I'd be home from college. Oh well, I'll still be playing it come October
Yeah, not going to lie was really hoping for an August release date. Oh well, at least we'll 100% know whether Shulk is in/what he looks like in-game come September. It's not far off now!

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Until Sakurai makes a post about releasing another newcomer trailer for SDCC(Which may or may not have Shulk, hope he's in it though) I'll keep my expectations low this week.

Last edited:

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093
Why hasn't this happened yet?
Heads aren't really my thing. If you want hair on the B button, though...

EDIT: I did my thing, but this is the best you'll get out of me.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Oh my god guys, I just found something beautiful.

I finally caught up from over the weekend. This is clearly the highlight. I was laughing so hard i was crying. Good show.

D

Deleted member

They should make it so that you have to press minus to pause the game when playing as Shulk. What's that? Using a gamecube controller? Too bad. You can't pause.
It took me forever to get used to opening the menu with minus. it's plus 99.9% of the time

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Guys, I've got a video where someone translated the intro cutscene to XCX!

So, going off what we can learn from the intro monologue...
  • The alien attack begins in July of the year 2054.
  • The world's governments initiate a massive interstellar immigration program to flea the doomed planet.
  • Interstellar Immigration Ships take off from all of the world's major cities.
  • Most are shot down before even leaving Earth's atmosphere.
  • The ship carrying Neo Los Angeles is known as "White Whale"
  • The ship is adrift for two years before one of the alien species tracks it down.
  • The ship's military force, spearheaded by a sole hero, saves the ship from destruction.
  • The ship's main engine is damaged, causing White Whale to crash on Planet Mira
  • Two months pass after the crash before the game begins.

Last edited:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
That was a really strange remix of Agniratha and the main theme. Nice to have that translated (albeit roughly), though

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Guys, I've got a video where someone translated the intro cutscene to XCX!

So, going off what we can learn from the intro monologue...
  • The alien attack begins in July of the year 2054.
  • The world's governments initiate a massive interstellar immigration program to flea the doomed planet.
  • Interstellar Immigration Ships take off from all of the world's major cities.
  • Most are shot down before even leaving Earth's atmosphere.
  • The ship carrying Neo Los Angeles is known as "White Whale"
  • The ship is adrift for two years before one of the alien species tracks it down.
  • The ship's military force, spearheaded by a sole hero, saves the ship from destruction.
  • The ship's main engine is damaged, causing White Whale to crash on Planet Mira
  • Two months pass after the crash before the game begins.
NICE work! I was really interested in that actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom