• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heaven's Lady A Zelda / Sheik combo video

Zelda Master

Smash Journeyman
Nice video! Love the combo at 1:50 to 2:00. :D

You should make some more videos of Zelda/Sheik!

Luthien

Smash Ace
I love how you actually switched mid-battle. Very brave of you/your sister.

By the way, what happened at 8:28-29 with Sheiks side-tilt? I'm almost positive that hit. Is your game beginning to fall apart like mine? Every so often (more and more often, sadly...) I hit (or get hit by) my opponent and damage occurs but nothing else happens. This is actually a glitch, and it's really annoying when it happens when I sweetspot Zelda's kick for a KO.

And if it's not and I just ranted, ignore that second part. ^^'

Arean

Smash Ace
its a glitch sadly.... anyways thanks for watching it ^____^

Magus420

Smash Master
It's called a phantom hit. It has no knockback and does half the normal damage so it's intentional and not a glitch. It's what they programmed to happen when the attack's hitbox and the char being hit's hitable area are tangent to each other (they touch but don't overlap). Also, the person attacking doesn't get any hitlag (freezeframes) when it connects, but the person being hit does. Normally you both freeze for a brief period when it connects.

In general it's pretty uncommon to get that exact positioning, but when spacing a lot of attacks at the very limits of their reach it happens more often. I remember getting at least 3 in a single match before using Ganon.

Luthien

Smash Ace
It's called a phantom hit. It has no knockback and does half the normal damage so it's intentional and not a glitch. It's what they programmed to happen when the attack's hitbox and the char being hit's hitable area are tangent to each other (they touch but don't overlap). Also, the person attacking doesn't get any hitlag (freezeframes) when it connects, but the person being hit does. Normally you both freeze for a brief period when it connects.

In general it's pretty uncommon to get that exact positioning, but when spacing a lot of attacks at the very limits of their reach it happens more often. I remember getting at least 3 in a single match before using Ganon.
Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Arean

Smash Ace
fixed? none of them were... about those phantom hits thanks for the info. Some looked like set up... it must be the old controller T___T it doest respond sometimes... and it sucks more coz nobody sells gamecube controllers in my area anymore :(

Top Bottom