• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hawaii

KewlKrnBoi

Smash Rookie
Winner still gets to choose who drinks the V8 Can. Oh and I'm at UH as well for classes. Whats your break period? I could try and set up a cube at Kahawai dorms during the day.
CooL! I have a cube also and I have time any day/time after 2 P.M. during the week. On weekends I usually go to my grandparents, but other than that I'm pretty much free! I stay in Ilima on the 12th floor, room 1234, so if you play smash feel free to come by sometime, haha. Time to do my paper now...>.< Peace! :lick: :joyful: :samus: :039:

Also, I'll probably be around here tomorrow til around 3, so feel free to drop by maybe after 12 if you like!

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
PHP:
*Sigh*

I had to miss another night of smash because something came up... :( Well, hope you guys are having a good time. Sorry for not telling you earlier that I couldn't make it Frankie. And sorry I couldn't get that Link ditto. I hope I can make it next friday. It's been three weeks >.<

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
grr im going to start playing ruthless. i will start useing the up b more often now. thx playerone. lol o well learn something new every time i go to kapole i wonde how much new stuff ill learn untill i stop learning. or maybe i wont stop learning. i still get owned my fox,falcos ,falcons, and samus. sigh..... i hope im getting better. faviorite thing i leared today. instead of cc and doing the down tilt i should just down the c stick and down smash... gosh what a ******.

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
i need actual rest before the smashfests being awake since 5:30 and a long day of school plus the stress if traffic going to and from home..... frick the mind is already tired before the smashfest >.< o wells dont matter had fun today sry you missed out daniel o ya later on the day or so look for the hawaii power rankings thread imma start it soon

KewlKrnBoi

Smash Rookie
i don't even know the frames for this game. how do you find out?
You'd need to visit the other sections of this board or use some kind of emulator to take apart the game. Action Replay, I believe will show the fame rates and processes, but I am not at all sure. Depending on the character you play, you can probably just visit one of the Character specific boards and look under the move listings.

PlayeR oNe

Smash Apprentice
Well, I had alot of fun, either though I had to face Jose the first round.. man. he makes me nervous.. LOL but, atlast i got all my rematches accept daniles but its okay man hopefully you can make it down next week.

Brian, your link is pretty good you knew pretty much what I thought you would know. Other then that, work on your WD's and mindgames oh.. yeah and the upB lol. You should see a great improvement in your game.. but no probs if I helped any.

Frankie, great match we had, Im still learning how to avoid that dam rest.. haha

In the end I may have placed one of the last but.. Im still happy that I didnt get four stocked by jose :)

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
yup thanks again playerone it's not that i dont know how to wavedash its more like i forget about it and dont do it... and i know its ganna make a big diffrence i hate to say it but link... is... sort... of.... slo.... oooooo.... wwwww. dang that was hard to say. scratch that links not slow hes heavy. :p

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
ok guys heres my big plan for how we are going to do the island rankings:

first off the reason behind doing the power rankings is to promote compition amongs all of us and a better reason to up our game more. that and bragging rights and blah blah blah lol.

the criteria for the ranking:
<> tournament performance
-as you well know every friday jose holds a small tourny called the V8 challenge. its not really how high you placed it matters who you beat and who you lost too. Beating a higher ranked person gives you a chance to rank up while losing to a lower rank may rank you down etc.
<> consistency on the tournaments
-for example if you keep getting 5 place in the tournament theres a good chance youll end up rank 5 and of course your attendance in the tournaments jose holds

SMASH PANEL
-to make the ranking thing fair im going to create a smash panel. Dont worry it wont be completely made up of team Livewire. The panel right now consists of Jose and Me and im going to be asking you some of you guys if you want to be in it or not. You dont get anything special out of it except you can say "im in the Island ranking panel" or something lol

V8 CHALLENGE!!!!
-the tournament that jose usually hosts every friday night. Its only singles and double eliminition meaning theres a winner and losers bracket.
Tournament Rules
There are 2 different types of tournaments that are going to happen at Jose's House. Both are called "The V8 Challenge"
<> V8 Challenge
- Buy in is $2 (come on its only 2 dollers ^^)
-This 2 doller buy in will be held every other week so it makes it interesting, getting something in the end of a tourny lol and ya
- Winner takes all
- 8 Minute Matches
-Random Set Stage:
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Final Destination

V8 Challenge II
- No Buy in this time folks lol
- No time limit
- Random Set Stage

NOW THE REASON FOR IT BEING CALLED V8 CHALLENGE!!!!

ok folks the reason being it called the V8 Challenge is..
it has become a tradition in jose's garage that the winner of the tournament gets to drink a can of V8 veg juice and yes it tastes like liquid ravioli and no its not V8 Splash. The person you choose has to be entered in the tournament and 2nd and 3rd place has immunity of the V8 juice

dont get discourage if jose or nick enters or what not if they win part of it goes to the food that we provide or gas to me for dropping off the ppl to town or wherever you guys live and of course to buy more V8 (6 cans is almost 5 bucks at Safeway >.<)

i wanna hear what you guys think before i actually start running this... so what you guys think?

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
i guess free play is just free play the rankings im guessing will mostly based on the buy in tourny idk yet tho imma discuss with jose

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
2$ buy in eh?

Why don't you just say, "If you guys want to play, just putyour money on the table, me (frankie), jose, nick, and tom will just jan-ken-po for it"

That's pretty much how it's gonna be.

Yay, rankings!!! I know I'mma be in the top 10. Or I'll kill myself. again

On a side note, i might not be able to come this friday. Work
But if I can switch shifts with someone, or convince myself to call in sick (hehe), then I'll show up.

ARG!!! FOX AND FALCO!!! Gay.

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
where does the money go does it go into like a bank that you guys save up for like new tv's and stuff. and thnks dexter for the ride home you like saved us... and about the turney's will it be 2 out of 3 and 3 out of 5 finals and all that kind of GOOD STUFF or will it be like out of one? basicaly how many rounds? thats all

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
lol well i just thought you guys should get something out of the tourny not just the thought of you guys mite get to drink V8 thats all lol

and ya everything is best 2 out of 3 until the finals best 3 out of 5

everything is still undecided yet dont worry me and jose has to talk it over

side note:
if anyone can bring a tv post it if they can cause it seems like were gonna need more tvs in the future

and tom is a dthrow knee wh0re ^^

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
lol does it taste like raviolie dont know if i spelle that right but if it taste like that its not that bad i think... my friends dad is like super filipino and he got stuff like goat bladder and liver and pig feet and other GOOD STUFF. and theres a store in waipahu where we can get balut and almost garentee you will see a bird when you crack it open... lol i dunno i eat any kine of stuff so... yea

FireFly

Smash Lord
you know you love my knee in your face frankie. btw, balut isnt that bad but i heard its expensive

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
lmao those are the good stuff im filipino myself and im guessing were to get it is at pacific super market at waipahu lol

as for the balut i got a friend that can provide me lol and no those knees hurt tom >.<

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
hrrrrmmm i was thinking for the ranking system to make it easier how bout we do it with a points system like say first place gets blah blah points and second place gets bblah blah and such

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
ok but how would the not so good people get any higher (im in that catagory lol) cause tehn the relly good people will get a lot of points in the beggining and we will be like stuck on the bottom or sumthing like that. so like if say frank wins like 1st or 2nd ever so often and gets like 5-4 points and you got me over there and i get like 1-2 points after awhile the gap can get relly big... and if i do get like rely better its ganna take me a while to get up the rankings cause ill like have to win first a lot and frank would have to lose like a lot too. just to point out that fact. ill try to explain this fryday if anyone dosent understand but still not shure i dont got ride :p

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
good point lol

as for the ride ummm hand me your fone number ill probly be able to pick you up or something since its only in waipahu.

tenyearwarranty

Smash Apprentice
Results of the First V8 Challenge.

1: Racer X
2: Firefly
3: Jose <---crying inside
4: Dexter
5: Franklin
5: Ian
7: Adrean
7: Arvin
9: Scott
9: Jeff
9: Arvin
9: Cha
13: Eugene
13: Kibou
13: Player One
13: Terrence

Don't mind the double numbers (Or quad). It lumps people who have been knocked out at the same time together. The true way of finding out where people are in the ranks are for like numbered people to have a round robin match and rank people to wins attributed.

IE: Everyone who got 13th place fight each other, 1vs1. The person who has the most wins is gets 13th spot while the person with the least wins takes 16th spot. It may or may not assist with the power ranking.

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
9th place alrite, + i know nick would have picked me to drink that thing ewllll gosh frick that lol

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
gosh i gotta practice after tuesday get bbq... and wendsday get wrestling practice/ might skip and play smash... and thursday my bro and mom come back from AZ... and fryday umm i dont think i ganna come i think i cant make it anyway... and saturday start work first day YEAH!!!

one more thing anyone got a desk i can have / or buy for cheep / or know anyone i can buy from for cheap to put my computer on cause the one i got is like tilting and its ganna break i give it less than a month.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I think the rankings should use a point system.
First off, determine rank by a large round robin.
Then every tourney, when you beat someone higher ranked than you, you'll get more points than if you beat some one equal or less then you. And losing to someone lower than you, will lose you more points than losing to someone equal or higher. Somewhere along those lines.
And points can also be influenced by how much stock you have left after a match.
I don't know, just a thought.

Who thinks I should call in sick to play on friday?

okay...
according to the tourney chart, I challenged Ian.
Why is it I don't remember playing him?

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
Bryan: hrrrrmmmm well family > smash so i can understand dont worry about it asfor the tournies its gonna be the usual V8 Challenge idk really if imma start the ranking system yet cause its not "complete" on how were gonna do it.

Dexter: Good ideas about the point system wanna be in the smash panel? lol im serious tho... well as for challenging Ian you beat him cause Ian was DQed due to he had to leave early.

Scott: good thing you left cause Nick was really gonna make you drink it lol

Jeff: almost man almost next time i guess lol I NEED SHEIK PRACTICE BAD T.T

KewlKrnBoi

Smash Rookie
Wow, this is interesting..so are the tourneys held in Waipahu? Because I have the option of going to my grandparents on Friday. If so then where exactly at? I'm like, dying to play some other smash players and see what level I'm at (probably pretty low..but still!).

KewlKrnBoi

Smash Rookie
Ah..dangs. I'm not too familiar about places around here since I'm from SJ, CA, but I will look around places and find out...still look forward to smashing with some other people than the one's in Ilima or Lehua

Top Bottom