• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having trouble with Meta Knight

a male platypus

Smash Apprentice
I've read the match up discussion and everything.

I've been playing a lot of wifi lately, trying to get this rust off before HOBO 32 rolls around. After not really playing for 13 months, you can imagine how far behind I am. When I was actually active I used to love fighting Meta Knight with Fox.

BUT NOOWWWWW, I can't even seem to take 2 stocks off. I'm getting 2 or 3 stocked almost every time. I'm having trouble punishing the tornado. I know Fox has two very good viable options against it (dair and nair) but I always get ***** when I try this. I'm guessing my timing is off, or I'm not hitting the right parts of the tornado... or something.

But my question is, how can I better my Fox into punishing this tornado? Are there any tips or tricks you can recommend?

zero212

Smash Apprentice
My tip against the Nado is is don't punish the Nado itself wait till it's over and then is your time to strike (don't forget to hold your shield up against a nado) although be fast or you might find yourself dsmashed or in another nado. and another thing you can also D.I out of the nado at the start (if you get out my advice is to use the shine once to avoid getting hit again) And my last tip against a MK is to laser the crap out of him and let him come to you.

I hope this helped if not just leave another message.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
block tornado=> hold shield up => MK retreats=>run next to him => wait for them to spotdodge => punish
or just dair or nair him on top of it, fox is so light he cant get tornado spammed

tornade isnt much of a problem but more mks ground game (tilits grab etc)

a male platypus

Smash Apprentice
Thanks guys. I guess I already knew all those things, but for some reason tornado is still becoming a growing problem.

I'm going to blame it on my rust. If I'm still having the same problem in a week, I'll be back lol.

TKD

Smash Lord
well i play mk and imo you can't face him head on move vs move (besides his dair) because he's too awesome. but fox has speed and lasers.

wait. i thought this was a pm thread.

learn to play brawl correctly and mk shouldn't be that hard. mk's veeery flexible with his dozens of options so the only way to do badly at least as fox is not being adaptive enough. so if you're having trouble anyway you should play dittos. that's what i do when i can't adapt quickly.

Last edited:

RPK

Smash Lord
something, something, punish with upsmash at 83% to kill if they dont DI. Other than that, you Fox's dash speed is amazing and you can surprisingly punish a lot of things. Speaking of which, there was supposed to be an upsmash punish thread but it never happened T3T

Top Bottom