• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having trouble Lcanceling.

Al_Di_Medola

Smash Journeyman
... the title says it all. I need help.
Ive seen that "advanced how to play" so dont send me that vid, but i cant get the timing to Lcancel right. im playing capt. Falcon atm, and i really think i need to learn that.

...any tips, or just how-to?

oh, and how do i turn tap-jump off? can i even do that in melee?
...and why does the Cstick not do smashes, it always adjusts the camera, even mid-fight.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I find that if you are thinking in your mind of the timing as "Just before I hit the ground I hit L" works best for me.

Edit : Of course you can use R too I just personally use L.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
The C-stick adjusts the camera in every single-player mode and training.
Otherwise it does smashes.

Killress

Smash Ace
We can't really tell your fingers what to do. Try playing bowser, because you can easily tell when you've sucessfully L-Canceled. Tap Jump cannot be turned off in Melee. You just have to get used to it. Play in vs. mode, and the C-Stick will do aerials/smashes.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Try practicing against a lvl 1 computer for l-canceling/combos and a blank controller for other techs. Training mode doesn't allow for the C-stick.

Overload

Smash Lord
It can be a pain to learn, just try to incorporate it as much as possible during matches, don't worry if you don't remember to hit it every time. Eventually you will start to do it more and more and it will only get easier.

Amide

Smash Lord
This has been helpful to me to, but can someone help me answer this question? I can wavedash, and I know its uses, but how exactly do you attack out of a wavedash? It just seems like you have to attack REALLY quick.

Zodiac

Smash Master
We can't really tell your fingers what to do. Try playing bowser, because you can easily tell when you've sucessfully L-Canceled. Tap Jump cannot be turned off in Melee. You just have to get used to it. Play in vs. mode, and the C-Stick will do aerials/smashes.
That and tap jump isnt NEARLY as sensetive in melee as it is in brawl, in fact I only accidently tap jump once every year.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
yeah the controls are much tigher in melee so unless you always just SMASH on the stick it shouldn't be a problem.

do links dair/bowsers bair to practice l cancel, press it when you land

c stick only smashes in vs mode, in 1p it changes camera

TLink King: You can attack like whenever it's just not instant lol

dudutsai

Smash Lord
how exactly do you attack out of a wavedash?
ok its kinda complicated see

what u gotta do is hold directional buttons and PRESS A!!
but heres the trick okay?
sometimes u gotta press B!!!!!

and to make things even harder sometimes u have to not even hold directional buttons man
I have heard that some people attack with the c-stick to

At least that's how I do it.

Zodiac

Smash Master
That and tap jump isnt NEARLY as sensetive in melee as it is in brawl, in fact I only accidently tap jump once every year.

brg

Smash Ace
just practice man

shuffle a nair on a heavy opponent when immediatly l cancel (do this at 0%)

if the combo meter indicates 2, then you have l canceled

Top Bottom