• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

having problems with Heavy characters

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If D3 spams B-airs and Grabs, then it's cheap. Arrows get destroyed by the long-ranged long-lasting B-airs and Pit is vulnerable to the annoying Chaingrabs.
All the heavyweights, cept maybe Wario, has longer range than Pit, and considering how it takes long to kill them, with Pit's poor KO Power.

For Bowser, when CGing be aware that Bowser will quickly try to use Up-B to hit u. Use Mirror Shield to gimp Bowser's Up-B recovery.
Actually I got nothing. D3 is annoying.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Yes. All heavy chars. > Pit. I even had a Ganon beast up on me yesterday... In the past few weeks Dk's have become very very tough for me. Pit's zoning (Or w/ever you wanna call it) is insanely poor (Which is stuff our board needs to work on) so the match is ALL about spacing.
Watch out using up-b's too much, like what happened the 1st match. It happens to me against heavy characters as well.
USE ARROWS! Spam as much as possible.
Use more tilts than smashes & U-air. Pit's tilts are his longest ranged attacks I think and u-air can be punishable when you miss, and we need to keep smashes fresh, so they kill @ earlier %.
Use AR very, very carefully. Most heavy characters after DIng out of the AR can hit you w/ an FSmash before the attack lag ends, and you know what that means.
Mirror Shield! Thank goodness for that thing! Most heavy chars. b-ups can be reversed!
Practice is key. DK's have been getting easier for me now because I practice against them.

And Adm. P, just cause somethings hard to beat like DDD's bair, please, please, PLEASE don't call it cheap! It makes me sick to see that. The only thing I actually think is so annoying it seems cheap is people who play MK just cuz he's good. I don't mind MK's who mained them from the beginning cuz that could've happened to anyone. People also think our arrows are cheap. If you want them to stop complaining, we gotta stop 1st ourselves! :)
(Wrote all this on wiinet :O :p )

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
My grudge against D3 is something you must understand. Spamming arrows against the D3 was what I done, the B-air will outprioritize and destroy the arrows, and just trying to approach that D3 leads me to getting grabbed, which I hate so much.
The only Heavy that actually doesnt give me too much problems would be Ike, since his recovery is seriously poor.

Khaos Blackdragon

Smash Cadet
I love playing against heavy characters with Pit. Move towards your opponent with arrows like you would in any match. SH your aerials often and space so that you either land behind on top of or behind your opponent so you can get a quick utilt into a uair (usually works, depends). The fthrow chaingrab works wonders, and you can easily gimp with arrows and mirror shield. Stay aggressive and look out for obvious attacks coming your way. Snake on the other hand . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws6hqHhmwvs

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I fight a pretty good dk, atleast in terms of online play. If a dk spaces himself perfectly for the edge guard, theres almost nothing u can do to get back on stage once ur hanging from the ledge. A good dk will always have his punch charged up and use the super armor frames to get the kill if u try to do a ledge attack, a roll, ledge hop or jump.

Though at the same time. DK is super easy to gimp. DK has very little options for recovery. If u perfect the timing for the mirror shield, there is no way he will be able to make it back. Muahahaha. lol. But in my opinion pit probably has the advantage over Dk. Dk my have power, weight, and melee range, pit has pretty much everything else on his side.

Hmm i noticed i dont have any pit vs heavy matches recorded. I guess they just take to long

rinoH

Smash Lord
dk's hard if all they do is bair but other than that hes pretty easy and hes pretty easy to gimp

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Thats the same thing that the D3 i faced did, B-airs B-airs B-airs!!!
And considering how it has long range compared to Pit's moves, hitbox last long, spammable, and it destroys arrows...
DK is difficult to because of the range, yet can be Chaingrabbed really well.

Diddy King

Smash Cadet
I actually use my pit to counter my friends D3...It the only character besides my diddy that can beat it some of the time. IDK I always just spam and play a reactive game. He does something, I'll try to counter. Try baiting them into using a smash, dodge behind them and use fsmash. Hope that helps.

Edit-It's also hard to chaingrab Pit if your D3. Sorry I cant really help you with DK.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
You guys are going about the situation the wrong way, the reason pit has a hard time killing is because you degrade his moves too much. Being as though they're heavily, than generally they are easier targets, look at Dr. X's thread on moves at which percent. Most of you fsmash every chance you get than expect to kill at 140. Save you move, and do more damaging combos instead of doing things to look cute and throw hissy fits. Try combos until around 60% Sh nair, u tilt, grab up to around 100% and set them up for a kill. If you get impatient they last longer. At about 130 on heavilys undegraded fsmash, and forward hit of dsmash should kill if you set it up. Than repeat, stop forward smashing after every move, and arrow loop right infront of people. Start having aerial games, pit is angel with multiple jumps, fight from the air, dip in and dip out. Than threads like this won't need to occur.

Also if you haven't noticed http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174796

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Idk i usually save my dsmash for kills. Im not sure which is a better killing move. I just dont see the point of using soo many dsmashes compared to fsmash since its sliding capabilities are great for improving pits melee range. That and i dont see the use of a dsmash in most sitations since dtilt is so much better for combos and has less ending lag.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You should start lifting weights :).

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Nair Nair Nair. They're so big. You can hit with so many moves that you normally cant. You can use f-air for spacing bc you can actually hit. Nair racks up damage and you can combo off it. Rogue is right tho, save your smashes. Save b-air as much as possible too. I would also suggest going for chain grabs. Do a couple f-throw, then a d-throw to a u-air. It's free damage when your opponent is at zero.

Btw, if you keep goin for u-air after d-throw and you keep missing, then just wait for the air dodge and go for a u-tilt or u-smash. Sometimes you can even get a b-air in.

Personally I love fighting big characters. Pit's chain grab gets you sooo much free damage in. So take advantage of their size and use it against them.

Also, take advantage of Wing Renewal or refresh or whatever you wana call it. Use WoI to chase them when they go off the side and finish it there.

Top Bottom