• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have you broken your habit of L-canceling?

LinkyMC

Smash Rookie
Anyone here still accidently L cancel in brawl? I do, somtimes i dont even notice that im doing it.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
It's pretty much out for me, though I have some trouble resisting the impulse when it comes to doing a down air stab with Link.

Luz

Smash Apprentice
I still futilely push R almost every time I land from an attack. It's really frustrating :p

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes I attempt to L-Cancel a laggy attack, I've tried to WD with Weegee and the ICs (which actually makes for a nice Triangle Jump-esque effect), and that's it.

Joe_Sumo

Smash Apprentice
i still l cancel because it doesn't do anything bad anyway. besides every one is so **** floaty it seems pointless to l cancel neway.

what i found awsome though is even though i broke some melee habits switching back to melee was easy.
the first character i played was captain falcon. i thought i was on lightning melee =p

Lessthan_tom

Smash Cadet
I never learned how to l-cancel :laugh:
Same. I never saw the point in the inclusion of l cancelling in the first place. I mean if you can do it you should do it every time you land, right? You can't really say that about any kind of technique or move in Melee because of all the factors involved.

Well I'm glad they got rid of it, but it must suck for some of the pros on this board.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
I still l-cancel occasionally on veterans or any move that looks it's from melee. I also start to l-cancel when I get the momentum during a match and the game speeds up.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Why would you get rid of it? It doesn't affect you in any way at all, and if you ever decide to play a Melee match, you're boned.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i still do, and i don't really see myself breaking it (it's obviously not a conscious habit) because i don't actually press L all the way in, so i never end up shielding or doing anything i don't want that will get me punished

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I still do knowing nothing will happen. I still don't understand the logic of removing it after two games (or as Smashwiki says, changing it to fast falling during an attack which does't seem to actually work when I try)

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
I still do it.. Especially when I use a charcacter that has lots of lag when they do aerials.

Jar

Smash Rookie
I still try to L-cancel certain moves (Link's and Ganon's dairs), but trying to do so is of little consequence. I still have trouble kicking the habit of JCing grabs.

Keta

Smash Journeyman
I don't bother not l-canceling. If for some reason I need to be shielding once I land, my finger is already on the trigger and ready to block. I think I noticed myself not doing it last night, though. When I'm using a veteran on a past stages, I'll get the urge to l-cancel more often. Randomly, I'll think about wavedashing. Marth on Pokemon Stadium. Standing there thinking, "what should I do next?" Oh, I'll wavedash!! Then stop myself. o.0 It's weird.. but I don't really see a reason to stop l-canceling. It's pretty much a safety precaution at this point.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
I never really got too much into L-cancelling on Melee, so i had no problems, but with Wavedashing it took me like 3 days to not do it XD i accidentally tried it and ended up doing a Short Hopped airdodge.

Top Bottom