• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hat Trick - Wolf Combo video by Spike

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Very nice vid =D

Enjoyed watching it, music's good too ;)

Quality could be improved but it's not the worst by any means

Loved the shine spiking (or pink reflector spiking, but doesn't sound as cool :p)

Psy.

Spike222

Smash Cadet
Thanks man! I'm glad you liked it ;p

I'll definitely improve my recording on my next video.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
that was really good. im trying to get my wolf up to par with my peach i could learn a few things from this, i loled at the wall shining towards the end. good work :D

Spike222

Smash Cadet
There were a few clips I forgot to add... so my next video will be a mix or more Wolf footage as well as Fox footage.

Also, I don't think people realize just how good Wolfs reflector is. It can combo into ALOT of things. Unfortunately there are some clips I forgot to edit and put in this video... so you will see them in the next one.

A shorthop (with forward momentum) shine combos really well into an AAA combo, or an AA cancel/smash.

When edge guarding, if you are facing the level, and jump toward your target (facing the level as if you were to do a bair) you can shine them, and immediately follow up into a bair. When they get hit by the shine they kind of fall the same speed as you, so usually your lined up for a bair and it cant be avoided since they still suffer from the short stun that the reflector brings.

I can see in the future that it will be used more for creative combos. I just don't see many people doing it yet.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I need to practice more with Wolf after seeing this

One of the best new members I've seen :)

pirate087

Smash Rookie
I need to practice my edge guarding, i always panic when im off the edge like you are, you seem to just float about :p

Loup17

Smash Apprentice
Better than GERM? No... but very skilled nonetheless. I thought it was great, and especially liked the fact that he used the wolf flash offensively very well, as well as the extensive usage of shining. i think both moves should be used more, like they were here.

_X_

Smash Lord
Sup guys,

Been working on this video for awhile. It doesn't have any flashy editing, but it still took some time since I don't play that much, which made the footage hard to collect.

Anyways I hope yall like it.

http://files.filefront.com/SPIKEwmv/;11626850;/fileinfo.html - download file

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9GYH5XeisY - youtube stream

Thanks all!!

-Spike
Nice work man.

It was a little too long for my tastes', try refining the clips and adding some new ones.

Spike222

Smash Cadet
Thanks again for the responses guys.

I agree the video is a bit long, but as an introductory combo video I felt it was ok. The next video I have in the works is definitely shorter. It will be about half the time of the current one... which agian will include more clips of Wolf (which I personally think are better than most of the ones featured in Hat Trick) as well as Fox combos.

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
Very nice video, I think I learned a lot of stuff from your wolf to improve my own. *clicks favor button on youtube =3*

No wolf can be better than germs right now, germ's mindgames alone are enough to make you insane, never mind the speed and precision of all his attacks. The only thing I don't like about germ is his lack of shine, but I can see why, I SH shine for invincibility frames to approach he air dodges with some DI for mindgames. But spike is pretty **** good.

Spike222

Smash Cadet
I'm glad you guys have liked it so far :p

My second video should be out in a few weeks. I just havent had the time to record and edit yet, but the footage I intend to use is already collected. The next one will still show more Wolf (will mostly consist of more combo strings, less KO's, more spikes, more doubles footage) and a touch of my Fox. I also use Shiek and Mario... but Fox is probably the closest character I have as a secondary... although I use Wolf 98% of the time that I play Brawl.

Top Bottom