• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hasbro Game Night FIGHT! - The Final Season

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 93
Things are about to get dangerous for today, because at 16 votes, the next stage for HGNF Season 2 is...
Risk, nominated by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye !
Looking over the submission for this stage, the idea for this stage is honestly very unique and interesting, it's definitely something I would play on; Each continent having a different affect is not something we have in HGNF as far as I'm concerned... up until now that is.
(Real talk, but was I the only one who didn't know what Risk was?)
Risk: 16
Licca-Chan's House: 9
Hangman: 9
I'll be updating the front page shortly with the new stages.

Additionally, all 3 items that were submitted will be included, which includes the Uno Cards, the Power Sword (grrr) and the Lego Blaster!
An additional additionally, we won't be doing a costume vote as I've decided all the costumes will be added by default; Congratulations to those who submitted one! I'm not sure what image to use for Fox Eyes though...
NEW JOB
Truth be told, today is an extremely light day, as we only have one minor job.

Job: Write-up a Reveal Trailer!
We haven't done one of these in a while, I believe the last one we did was Skeletor's by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye . For those who do enjoy writing up trailers, go ahead and pick any item, stage, mode, story element or character that doesn't already have one and write to your heart's content.

For those who aren't into writing trailers, use this opportunity to research and write-up your character submissions for tomorrow, since our first character job is, uh, TOMORROW! Yes I know you're all excited but just simmer down. To quickly detail tomorrow's job, any character owned by Hasbro is eligible, I'm foregoing the rule we had established earlier this season (no re-submissions) since it's been almost a year since our last character job, so anyone is on the table.

Until then, that's all for today. And also, Moveset submissions are open indefinitely!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I'm late on this so here's a write-up of a trailer for the space knight himself...Rom!

Reveal Trailer for Rom

The True Last Knight

We start the trailer off with the black screen with the ratings and all. Then, we cut to the dark toy room where the Hasbro family are playing their Dungeons and Dragons campaign with the already revealed fighters and items. We then cut to some CGI footage of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee exploring the deep space.

Optimus Prime: It seems our journey sent us here....this is not Cybertron.

Bumblebee: No clue at all where we are.

The two search around the area where we now see the 3 Decepticons in the game who are fighters come after the two Autobots.

Starscream: So...this Game Night Fight I just joined has you two? We aren't done YET!

Eventually, Soundwave and Megatron come down too.

Optimus Prime: Well...if anything is the case, we Autobots never surrender!

We see the two Autobots lunge at the three Decepticons. We then zoom out to the family in the darkroom playing with the Transformers toys. But then, the Hasbro boy realizes something.

Hasbro Boy: Dad, do you feel there's another Autobot that can help Optimus and Bumblebee defeat their enemies?

The Hasbro Boy's dad tells him to wait one second. We then see the silhouette of the Hasbro Dad going around the toy room to find...an old box with an old silver robot in it.

Hasbro Boy's dad then looks back at the Hasbro Boy after returning.

Hasbro Boy's dad: This should do the trick!

We see the Hasbro Boy's dad put down the silver robot. We cut back to CGI where Optimus and Bumblebee are barely making marks on the Decepticons until....

We see lasers being shot.

Optimus and Bumblebee look up.

Bumblebee: Is that another Autobot?

Optimus Prime: No...but he is here, the legendary space knight, the true last knight!

It is revealed to be none other than...Rom the Space Knight himself and the area they are fighting in is The Dark Nebula!

Rom: I, Rom shall defeat anyone who harms fellow warriors! Space shall be safe because of me and my new allies!

It then cuts to an introduction screen with Rom making a pose with text by it with the announcer saying Rom's name and then we cut to gameplay of Rom fighting against various fighters across various revealed stages. We see more of Rom's moveset as well as his homestage, The Dark Nebula and the hazards within it. We finally see Rom's Supers as well.

We then see the three Decepticons fall.

Megatron: GAHHHH! This will not be the end, Optimus! For us Decepticons will rule the world!

Optimus, Bumblebee and Rom all stand heroically and we zoom out to the Hasbro family playing with the revealed fighters, items, stages, etc.

We finally go to the Hasbro Game Night Fight screen with all the 24 revealed fighters and then we see Rom being added to the collection of fighters by the logo.

Copyrights screen.

This trailer reveals:

• Rom as the next fighter, his moveset and his Supers
  • His homestage, The Dark Nebula
The title of Rom's trailer is a tongue-in-cheek joke for that Transformers movie, The Last Knight that I WISH introduced Rom but it didn't so take that Michael Bay! This trailer sweeps The Last Knight.

Also, I feel that we should leave trailer submissions open for an indefinite amount of time similar to other creation threads like the Battle of AGES thread. For tomorrow's character submission, I have an idea for a Hasbro character from a Hasbro IP not mentioned here at all but...I shall not say more as that will spoil the surprise!

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I like the write-up, but I feel like the trailer better serves for a Grimlock reveal since it's entirely Transformers themed apart from the stage.

Also, I may leave it open indefinitely now that you mention it. It made more sense in the past because I had a strict schedule on certain jobs but since things will be a lot more sporadic til the end of the Season I may as well change it

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I like the write-up, but I feel like the trailer better serves for a Grimlock reveal since it's entirely Transformers themed apart from the stage.

Also, I may leave it open indefinitely now that you mention it. It made more sense in the past because I had a strict schedule on certain jobs but since things will be a lot more sporadic til the end of the Season I may as well change it
Fair point about the Grimlock reveal but…that’s kind of the point of the trailer, it’s meant to make you think it’s gonna be another Transformers rep but BOOM! Rom appears! It’s the shock-and-awe factor since we don’t have much Rom content for Game Night Fight.

Now thinking about it…I actually have a fun idea for Grimlock potentially for his reveal.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Fair point about the Grimlock reveal but…that’s kind of the point of the trailer, it’s meant to make you think it’s gonna be another Transformers rep but BOOM! Rom appears! It’s the shock-and-awe factor since we don’t have much Rom content for Game Night Fight.
I suppose. I'm not too crazy on the idea but I get it. Rom and the Transformers actually have a personal history in the IDW comics and Bumblebee actually became friends with the guy so it still adds up.

I think Devastator would atleast be better saved for a different reveal trailer, since he doesn't appear until after Rom does so the surprise factor isn't there anymore. I'm mostly saying this because I think the reveal trailer for Grimlock would be metal as f*ck if it was also the Devastator reveal and they're beating the sh*t out of each other

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I suppose. I'm not too crazy on the idea but I get it. Rom and the Transformers actually have a personal history in the IDW comics and Bumblebee actually became friends with the guy so it still adds up.

I think Devastator would atleast be better saved for a different reveal trailer, since he doesn't appear until after Rom does so the surprise factor isn't there anymore. I'm mostly saying this because I think the reveal trailer for Grimlock would be metal as f*ck if it was also the Devastator reveal and they're beating the sh*t out of each other
I just edited my Rom trailer to not reveal the Devastator mini-boss as your suggestion makes sense…it’s better served for a Grimlock reveal. Also, this is my first time in a long while writing trailers for this thread so I’m a little rusty. It’s not my best work but…the trailers will get better from here on out.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 94
Thanks to AlteredBeast AlteredBeast we now have a reveal trailer for Rom, the Legendary Space Knight from planet Galador! Additionally, due to their suggestion, I have decided that reveal trailers will now be a job left open for any day, so if you're ever in the mood to write one for this thread you can go straight into it with no specific job requirements.
We've actually made solid progress on our reveal trailers thanks to Altered, Megadoomer Megadoomer and M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye , so thanks to you all! Perhaps we could make it a goal of giving each character on the roster a reveal, at the very least to makeup for the lack of movesets.

Anyway, I'm droning on. I'll add the Rom trailer to the front post when I'm free today, but for now, I know you're all super excited to get into this, so...
NEW JOB
It has been a long, long time since this has happened, but now that we're finally back, it's time to add more fighters to our roster of Toy Icons! Without further ado...
Job: Nominate a Hasbro Character!
Pretty straightforward; Submit one character who is owned by Hasbro (or Takara-Tomy) and is not already on the playable roster or an assist fighter. I've mentioned this before, but we're scrapping the rule we had earlier this season, so it no longer matters if you've submitted a specific character already or not. Anyone is on the table this time around so feel free to go all out; There are a few big names I'm hoping to see pop up in the nominations so I'm just as excited as you are.
Depending on how many nominees we end up with, I may add 2 characters to the roster rather than one, but that remains to be seen. Hopefully we can get as many people to participate as possible!

Movesets and Reveal Trailers are open indefinitely!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Character Name: Eiji Shinjo
Character Origin: Battle Arena Toshinden (1995)

Okay, I feel like this needs a bit of context, but it does actually make a lot of sense - more than you might expect!

See, in the 90s, Takara (prior to the Tomy merger) had a surprising amount of involvement in the video game scene - whether this be with the B-Daman franchise originally coming about from Bomberman, or their involvement in porting a variety of SNK titles to home consoles (including Art of Fighting, The King of Fighters '95, and World Heroes 2). However, Takara's involvement in the scene wasn't just in ports - they also published a number of games, and were heavily involved in the development of the Battle Arena Toshinden franchise (alongside Tamsoft).

So, why this series instead of including, like, Ryo Sakazaki? Well... even beyond it being one of Takara's most prominent standalone game franchises, Battle Arena Toshinden has a lot of historical significance too - namely, as one of the earliest true 3D fighting games (releasing only a couple of years after Virtua Fighter in the arcades), and also being the first weapon-based fighting game in three dimensions - as well as introducing the sidestep manouvre before even the release of Tekken (a move that many claim pushed the genre into "true 3D" for the first time.) The game was also a launch title for the PlayStation, and continues to see a small but interested community to this day - to the point where the game was one of 30 included on the PSX Classic a couple of years back.

With this in mind, Eiji is an interesting candidate who - while also representing an interesting period in Takara's own history - also represents the history of fighting games to a certain extent... which is kind of fitting for a Hasbro-based fighting game, right?

Okay, enough context. Eiji isn't just your average sword-wielder - with him being effectively the shoto of Battle Arena Toshinden. With that in mind, he has access to a variety of fiery skills with his katana - as well as the Rekkuzan (a firey projectile), Hishouzan (a powerful rising slash), and Mokurowari (a slash into the ground that brings up a powerful geyser), he's also able to increase the power of these projectiles into Shin Rekkuzan, Shishouzan, and Shin Mokurowari. Additionally, he has powerful Overdrive attacks that he can use when his meter is full - as well as additional secret moves like Shin Enjinshouraha (a pair of rapid, powerful slashes). And last of all, Battle Arena Toshinden has a system called Desperation, where characters gain uniquely powerful super moves at low health.

With this in mind, I'd imagine his moveset functioning a little like a combination of Smash's take on both Terry Bogard and maybe Roy combined together - with a variety of interesting tools at his disposal as well as unique mechanics, the likes of which no other character in the game might have access to. Combined with his unique historical significance and the additional opportunity to represent some of Takara's interesting past works, I think Eiji would be an unexpected, but very fun, inclusion with all this in mind.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, well, as promised, it's time I show off a pick from a Hasbro IP that has been very overlooked in this case and very obscure. To complete the collection of 80s Hasbro IPs and the IDW Hasbroverse....

Leoric (Visionaries: Knights of The Magical Light)

nxioe3n9c1291.jpg

The leader of the Spectral Knights himself, Leoric is here to join the Game Night Fight! Visionaries: Knights of The Magical Light was a series that ran for only one year being 1987. There was a toyline of action figures and vehicles but...the future releases planned for 1988 got canned quickly. However, Visionaries has also got a crossover comic miniseries with the Transformers themselves for five issues in 2018. So yeah...it's understandable why this Hasbro IP is very obscure and unknown to most.

Now, about Leoric, he is the leader of the Spectral Knights that hails from the futuristic society of Prysmos where all citizens are forced to rely on ancient magic to survive as all known technology has shut down for good. The Visionaries are knights who are split into two different factions: the heroic Spectral Knights and the evil Darkling Lords. If one wishes to be a Visionary, they must partake in a competition put forth by the wizard Merklynn which tests your survival, you are rewarded an unique animal totem affixed to your chestplace. Leoric's animal is a lion.

I feel Leoric should join Hasbro: Game Night Fight as I do feel Visionaries deserves more exposure despite the live-action movie being in VERY development hell alongside him having a super cool gameplay style that will feel VERY DLC-esque. Visionaries is one of the last Hasbro IPs needed to complete the whole IDW universe if I remember correctly so there's that too for completion-ish sake. Therefore, the leader himself is the one to choose.

Leoric would be a bit of a zoner with some rushdown capabilities with his staff for quick animal-themed attacks. He would also be a middle weight towards the heavier side. He will have a Monado-Arts-esque gimmick with the various Spectral Knights where he is able to call one to his aid that grants him something. For example, Galadria can be called to heal him, Feryl can summon fire attacks, Cryotek can summon a bear that offers massive knockback to foes, etc. However, magic comes at a cost and each Visionary will need time to recharge.

Overall, an obscure pick that can be relatively fun here.

Okay, our first Hasbro newcomer in a year. I think I'm going to go absolutely INSANE with my choice, so bear with me.

Mr. Do Bee (Romper Room)
Childhood Memories from 1960's & 70's - Remember MR DOO BEE how do you do,  we're going to play a game with you....Romper Room was undoubtedly a part  of your childhood if

You may ask yourself "Who is that guy?" And let's face it, a lot of you will. So, allow me to explain.

Mr. Do Bee is the quote-unquote mascot of an old 50s children's series called Romper Room. Imagine Mister Rogers with a smaller budget, and you've got the basic fundamentals.

How Romper Room and Mr. Do Bee connect to Hasbro is simple. You may know the studio behind this series better as Claster Television.

That's right. The same distributor of Gen 1 Transformers, G.I. Joe, Jem and the Holograms, and even more than what Hasbro was dishing out, started out on a forgotten syndicated kids series usually airing in the morning timeslots.

Now that I've dropped the proverbial bombshell on you, here's how I imagine Mr. Do Bee would fight: He wouldn't.

You see, on top of being this game's equivalent to Mr. Game and Watch, he'd fight a lot like Isabelle, where his attacks are accidental. He'd use his stinger for most of his regular attacks, he'd carry a stack of dishes only to topple them on his opponent, he'd pour milk thinking his opponent is thirsty, and do all that cutesy stuff.

But the biggest reason for suggesting Mr. Do Bee was for the history his show has to Hasbro Entertainment, the new name for their film and television studio. Hey, if Tommy Oliver and Peppa Pig can be on this roster, so can he.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I was waiting for someone to nominate this character given the recent year and his burst of popularity, but, it seems like it's in my hands.

Job: Hasbro Character
OPTIMUS PRIMAL
Franchise: Transformers

So, this may take some convincing since we have quite a plenty Transformers already on the roster, but I think this inclusion makes perfect sense; Primal is basically a built-in DLC seller, he has it all!
Why Primal?
I think Primal is just a necessary inclusion for our roster, reaching popularity levels that I think should be taken a closer look at. Ever since the 25th Anniversary of Beast Wars he's been everywhere, likely due to Hasbro cashing in on the Beast Wars nostalgia, but also thanks to the recent movie release, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts featuring him as a major character, which I'm sure everybody in this thread is well aware of since it's been released for quite a while now.
Of course even ignoring all that, Primal has always been a popular Transformers fan-favorite in his own right; Beast Wars was a major entry point for many fans in the 90's and spawned its own era that still has yet to be replicated in the modern day, featuring it's own cast of characters almost all exclusive to the creation of this series, and a unique concept and setting even within the Transformers brand that just isn't like anything else. And Primal is the face of this series; He's the Leader of the Maximals, descendants of the Autobots and moreover he himself is a descendant of the great Optimus Prime; He was the main hero of the Transformers in his own era, and he still is a headline character especially now more than ever.

He's an icon of a decade that could still use some more love in this roster, given that outside of the Power Rangers our roster is primarily 80's and 2000's. And, I think this is important as well, but all of the Transformers representation up until now has been very G1-inspired, so if Primal were to get in he'd finally represent a wing of the franchise that originated after the 80's, which is huge considering how long the brand has been running. Another first would of course be the fact that he'd be a Transformer that's not an Autobot or Decepticon, something which is sure to spark interest. But, and this might just be a personal thing, but I feel like, having 3 Heroic Bots against 4 Decepticons kind of seems a little imbalanced, so having Primal round out the team of Transformers Heroes will make it an even split between both sides.

And, also, he's a name popular enough to convince people to buy DLC- I feel like that's important given the context of the character submissions; Not the end all be all, but this season could use an A-Lister from Hasbro's catalogue somewhere.
Moveset Potential
I think an important question those unfamiliar with Primal would like to be answered is what makes him different from Prime; The name certainly implies similarities between both, right?
Well, rest assured, Primal's toolkit is basically completely opposite to what Prime has in canon, and he has way more than enough material to make a cohesive moveset!
Dual Swords
Trading in a traditional Optimus axe for a pair of Dual Swords, these have become his most recognizable weaponry, and representing a far different style of melee fighting than an axe does!​
Jetpack
One thing that set Primal apart from his team of Maximals was his power of flight, being one of the few early Maximals who had an aerial advantage, and despite Prime borrowing Sideswipe's jetpack, Primal is known for being an aerial ace in combat that could rival even Starscream!​
Missile Launchers
They may seem puny at times, but Primal has a pair of shoulder-cannons that pack a punch and can make for great ranged weaponry, thought with a long reload they go best paired with the next weapon...​
Wrist Blasters
Primal's primary ranged weapons, these are fast-paced double-barreled guns attached to him at all times and make for quick fallback weapons in a pinch!​
Energon Matrix
A tool used by Primal only once in the Japanese exclusive anime movie Beast Wars II, it features a whole set of different abilities to Prime's Matrix of Leadership, and unlocks his Burning Convoy mode (red in the picture), essentially becoming a super-augmented Optimus!​
...He's a Gorilla
Instead of a truck, he is a gorilla. There is so much to play around with this in comparison to what the current Transformers already do, and this is the most basic part of the character!​
---​
I think I've said all I can say about Primal- I didn't really feel the need to go into his backstory since he's popular enough for most people to already know it and several users already seem to given he was in a round previously during Transformers Week. I think it would be a missed opportunity if throughout this entire project we don't include any Beast Wars, a series that's reached the same peak of fan-favoritism as it did back in the 90's, and it is in fact my favorite Transformers show to date, so I'm rooting for Primal here.

Edit: Also yeah I consider Transformers to be our Mario equivalent so I'm kind of okay with having just one more character from this franchise

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Storm-Shadow-GI-Joe-Marvel-Comics.jpg

Storm Shadow
Snake Eyes' rival. I think it makes sense to include at least one more character from this series, and I think Storm Shadow makes a lot of sense as the counterpart to Snake Eyes. He would use Snake Eyes a base but be very much his own character, think kind of like Isabelle (now there's a comparison you never thought you'd see). He'd use his twin swords and various martial arts attacks.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 95
And that wraps up our first new character job! Since we have no results to really go over, and truth be told I'm not planning a new job until after we get our characters selected, so today will be exclusively centered on the vote. Without further ado...
NEW VOTE
Truthfully, while we have a good handful of nominees to vote for, I do not feel we have enough to have a Top 2 set of winners, so this vote will only be for 1 winner, though that's much in-line with our past season inclusions anyhow. With that said, we got a lot of creative choices that I really like, so these results could go any number of ways... our nominees are:
This vote will be decided the same as it always is, with a Top 3 ranking! List your Top 3 in order of 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, and your own nominee cannot be in 1st place!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Baron Karza
2. Leoric
3. Optimus Primal

All very fun picks.

Now, time for a trailer for a new suspect joining the Game Night Fight!

Colonel Mustard Reveal Trailer

Who's the Suspect?

This trailer would....actually premiere at a Hasbro Pulse livestream covering new Hasbro toys and products. This would have a tie-in CLUE Board Game come out for Hasbro Game Night Fight.

Hasbro Pulse Male Presenter: So...as most of you may know, we at Hasbro have been working hard on a new platform fighter called Hasbro Game Night Fight!

The female presenter: Yes, it's tons of fun and we love playing it! And, we have lots of fun products coming out for that game too to tie in with the game itself. Shall you show everyone one thing that will be coming out with the game?

The Hasbro Pulse Male Presenter then grabs a special box for a board game titled CLUE: Hasbro Game Night Fight Edition.

Hasbro Pulse Male Presenter: That's right! We will be having a CLUE board game dedicated to Hasbro: Game Night Fight! You will have to solve the mystery of who took who's stock in a game with what item.

Hasbro Pulse Female Presenter: And speaking of CLUE....there might be another mystery in that mansion that's happening right now.

Hasbro Pulse Male Presenter: Yes, have a look!

We then cut to a black screen where we see the CLUE gang gathering around the living room in the familiar CLUE mansion where they witness silhouettes of the various Hasbro: Game Night Fight fighters duking it out. The animation is in CGI.

Professor Plum: I'd say...ever since this Game Night Fight happened, all these random cast of characters have game onto the estate.

Scarlett: For sure, but who told them about it?

Mr. Green: Hmm...seems we will have to do an investigation for any clues.

They all look around for clues.

Mrs. Peacock: Nothing here, it seems.

Mr. Green: Strange...nothing like this happened be...

They get interrupted by Mrs. White coming in. But, we notice a silhouette leave the mansion.

Mrs. White has an evidence folder.

Mrs. White: I FOUND THE SUSPECT!

We see her reveal it to everyone.

Mrs. White: It seems it is....

Everyone but him: COLONEL MUSTARD?

We see Colonel Mustard looking back while fighting against Bumblebee, Mr. Monopoly and Lord Licorice.

Colonel Mustard: What? An old man can't have fun? Nonsense...I'll clean up this mess and there will be no more murders!

The CLUE gang just shrugs and Colonel Mustard returns to fighting.

Colonel Mustard: It seems now...I'm here in this Game Night Fight since I invited you all for a friendly sparring!

It then cuts to an introduction screen with Colonel Mustard making a pose with text by it with the announcer saying Colonel Mustard's name and then we cut to gameplay of Colonel Mustard fighting against various fighters across various revealed stages and the Mr. Boddy's Estate stage which is newly revealed here. We also see footage of the new House on the Hill stage based on another board game from Wizards of the Coast, Betrayal at the House on the Hill. Finally, we see the Revolver item in action.

As Colonel Mustard picks up the revolver and uses it on Scarlet (G.I. Joe) on the Clue Mansion stage.

Colonel Mustard: I've seen this gun before in the estate.

We see some more footage of his moveset and his Supers. Then, we cut to CGI with Colonel Mustard celebrating his success.

Colonel Mustard: Well, what do you all think?

Professor Plum: Charming....

We zoom out to see the Hasbro family having fun with the Clue mansion added to their big expansion board of their Dungeons and Dragons campaign in Hasbro: Game Night Fight and we see all the fighters, locations as stages, assists, items, etc. on there as toys.

It finally cuts to the Hasbro Game Night Fight screen with all the 25 revealed fighters and then we see Colonel Mustard being added to the collection of fighters.

Cuts to the copyright screen.

After the trailer:

Hasbro Pulse Male Presenter: Well, it seems that the mystery was solved. Colonel Mustard joins Hasbro: Game Night Fight! as our newest fighter! We hope you all enjoyed this Hasbro Pulse presenter! Until next time! Bye!

This trailer reveals:

• Colonel Mustard as a fighter, his moveset and Supers
  • Mr. Boddy's Estate and House on the Hill as new stages
  • The Revolver from CLUE is a new item
For the trailer, the part with the CLUE gang will be posted separately as Colonel Mustard's trailer on YouTube. Have a product placement trailer here for you all!

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
  1. Storm Shadow
  2. Optimus Primal
  3. Eiji Shinjo
I've thought about Storm Shadow before, coincidentally during this week as a potential next Joe Character, in fact for those who have seen my fan-made Hasbro roster in Here's the Keys thread, he made it onto my DLC list. Obviously that roster is extremely outdated and I would do a lot differently, but he is a character I feel has the DLC/Fighter potential. G.I. Joe is an IP that as the roster grows could justify another character, and I'm also getting hooked into the series after reading Image Comics' Duke #1.
Eiji is the type of deep-cut Takara pick that I love and him being from a fighting game adds points; I still remember trying to get Aska (Cygirls) in a while ago and while I'd still prefer her I think Shinjo is also perfect for the roster, and his moveset seems to already write itself. I think we need more Takara in general, be it from Beyblade or obscure pulls like this.
Primal is ultimately the inevitable self-vote, which, well, yeah, of course I'm voting Primal. I like Transformers, I like Beast Wars... I didn't like Rise of the Beasts but that's a whole different issue. But ultimately, yes, what else can I say?

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Figure I'd say this now before the day gets any shorter, but tomorrow is our Guest Characters round!
For passerbys and non-participants, feel free to hop in and nominate a character, this job is the perfect time to do so.

I should mention now that the criteria for a guest character is more precise than it has been before:
  • The Character can be from another Toy Company
  • The Character can be a Toy themselves or have heavy relations to Toys (in their own Franchise)
Rest assured, we may return to Guest characters in the future with much looser criteria, but for now, this is what we'll be working with. Think ahead about which characters you'd like to nominate

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 96
Welcome, welcome! I have exciting news today as it's the special job that I know you've been waiting for, but before we can get into that, it's time to cash in the votes and announce the first Fighter to join Hasbro Game Night Fight in almost a year!
Honestly, it feels really good to be getting back into the swing of things and finally be adding characters again, I want to thank everyone who came back to this thread the second time around to finally finish what we started.

Anyhow, I'm droning on. The next Hasbro character we'll be adding, and I'm sure this may not surprise you given this character was in everyone's Top 3 (although it sure surprised me)...
Optimus Primal Maximizes into battle, nominated by PinkFlare PinkFlare ... oh hey that's me!
As previously mentioned in my nomination write-up, this character does a lot of firsts for Transformers representation on our roster, and he's also riding off the hype of the recent movie which surely earned him popularity points around here!
I was actually thinking it'd be quite an uphill battle for this character, but, everyone seems to agree that he deserves a spot!
Optimus Primal: 17
Storm Shadow: 10
Leoric: 8
Eiji Shinjo: 7
Baron Karza: 5
Van Flyheight: 1
Mr. Do Bee: 0
Primal lead the vote by quite a margin with no character being able to catch up, but quite a few of them still earned some much deserved support! Perhaps for the next Hasbro round they'll get a chance to join. On that note, I am hoping this is our last Transformers character anyhow, as big of a fan I am I wouldn't wanna bloat the roster with them.

Alright, now that that's out the way...
NEW JOB
Job: Nominate a Guest Character!
Getting right into it this time; Go ahead and nominate a character NOT owned by Hasbro (or Takara)!
I've mentioned this last night, but we're going by much more specific criteria this time:
  • The Character can be from another Toy Company
  • The Character can be a Toy themselves or have heavy relations to Toys (in their own Franchise)
After 2 previous Guest rounds, the demand for Toy-specific characters is clearly much higher than others, so that's what we'll be working with this time around. We only have 3 Guests in this entire roster, so even with just toy-related companies the options are wide open, and it doesn't even have to be companies already present like Mattel (although I'm sure some people are still itching to add a certain someone from that company).
Nonetheless, the rules are clear. Get to it!

Moveset and Trailer Submissions are open indefinitely!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Resubmitting Freddy Funko

We need more toy companies represented in this game besides the big three (Hasbro, Mattel and LEGO).

Freddy Funko (Funko)

View attachment 368638

Freddy Funko is the mascot of Funko himself. The POP! Heads started off way back in 1998 as Wacky Wobblers which brought about figures of various characters across pop culture all starting with the Big Boy Bobblehead. Since then, Funko has had multiple toy lines involving characters from cartoons, tv, ad mascots, video games, etc. all getting figures. In fact, some of Hasbro's IPs have gotten POP! Heads such as Transformers, the board games, G.I. Joe, Mr. Potato Head, etc. Basically, I envision Freddy as a lightweight fighter since he is a POP! head with a moveset referencing pop culture but without licensing requirements. Just generic moves such as a tv for cartoons, a movie projector for movies, etc. He could be like a fanboy of so many different pop culture-based characters and he would be enthused to meet various Hasbro characters for sure. He's definitely an out-there pick but I feel he can work at the Game Night Fight!

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 1:Max Steel

View attachment 364311

Max Steel is the protagonist from a toy franchise of same name of character,he is a special agent from an organization called N-Tek and he have a power called "Turbo Mode". Well,there are two Max Steels,the green one and the blue one,i choose the green Max Steel for the Hasbro platform fighter
I will resubmit my first submission who is the classic Max Steel

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I'll preface by admitting - I'm totally fine if this isn't allowed due to the circumstances of its origin, rightsholders, or nature, because whether it's technically a character from a "toy company" can arguably be up for debate. Just lemme know, and I'll cook up a replacement!

Character Name: Pikachu
Character Origin: Pocket Monsters Red/Green (1996)

This might seem like a pretty odd pick, but I think Pikachu is a genuinely good candidate for this role. For context (though I'm sure it's not needed here of all places!), while the Pokémon franchise did start out in video games, it's also inextricably linked to the toy industry - whether that be the seemingly endless plushies of practically every single creature on the Pokédex, the insanely popular Pokémon TCG, the surprising amount of McDonalds Happy Meal tie-ins, and so forth. It's a huge multi-media franchise, to the point where its multi-media presence and merchandising easily eclipses the revenue it makes from just the games. In fact, the Pokémon franchise even has a little history with Hasbro itself - they made a number of Pokémon toys between 1998 and 2005, firstly - and need I mention the primary inspiration behind franchises like Beyblade?

Though, I'm aware this kind of brings up an interesting question - how do you make Pikachu unique from his Super Smash Bros. incarnation? My take is that we'd have him predominantly take inspiration from his anime and TCG incarnations, complete with being followed around by Ash (akin to how the Pokémon Trainer works in Smash, but with Ash having voicelines, commanding Pikachu to use different attacks, and so forth.) He could also play differently, with his attacks deliberately taking inspiration from anime attacks - for instance, giving him moves like Iron Tail or Volt Tackle, as well as reworking moves like Thunder Shock to be more anime-inspired.

Pikachu's probably a bit of an unorthodox submission, as he's ostensibly "just a video game character with lots of merch" - but I think, if he's allowed consideration here, he'd be a good fit. Pokémon is in the strange spot of arguably being one of the most popular toy lines in the world - and Pikachu himself still has tons of potential untouched by his and his series' representation in the Super Smash Bros. franchise. I think he'd be a fantastic, if unexpected, pick for a roster spot like this!

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I'll preface by admitting - I'm totally fine if this isn't allowed due to the circumstances of its origin, rightsholders, or nature, because whether it's technically a character from a "toy company" can arguably be up for debate. Just lemme know, and I'll cook up a replacement!

Character Name: Pikachu
Character Origin: Pocket Monsters Red/Green (1996)

This might seem like a pretty odd pick, but I think Pikachu is a genuinely good candidate for this role. For context (though I'm sure it's not needed here of all places!), while the Pokémon franchise did start out in video games, it's also inextricably linked to the toy industry - whether that be the seemingly endless plushies of practically every single creature on the Pokédex, the insanely popular Pokémon TCG, the surprising amount of McDonalds Happy Meal tie-ins, and so forth. It's a huge multi-media franchise, to the point where its multi-media presence and merchandising easily eclipses the revenue it makes from just the games. In fact, the Pokémon franchise even has a little history with Hasbro itself - they made a number of Pokémon toys between 1998 and 2005, firstly - and need I mention the primary inspiration behind franchises like Beyblade?

Though, I'm aware this kind of brings up an interesting question - how do you make Pikachu unique from his Super Smash Bros. incarnation? My take is that we'd have him predominantly take inspiration from his anime and TCG incarnations, complete with being followed around by Ash (akin to how the Pokémon Trainer works in Smash, but with Ash having voicelines, commanding Pikachu to use different attacks, and so forth.) He could also play differently, with his attacks deliberately taking inspiration from anime attacks - for instance, giving him moves like Iron Tail or Volt Tackle, as well as reworking moves like Thunder Shock to be more anime-inspired.

Pikachu's probably a bit of an unorthodox submission, as he's ostensibly "just a video game character with lots of merch" - but I think, if he's allowed consideration here, he'd be a good fit. Pokémon is in the strange spot of arguably being one of the most popular toy lines in the world - and Pikachu himself still has tons of potential untouched by his and his series' representation in the Super Smash Bros. franchise. I think he'd be a fantastic, if unexpected, pick for a roster spot like this!
Tbh. I had to think about it because you bring up some valid points, but unfortunately my answer is gonna be that he's not qualified; Pokémon has a lot of merch but it's Video Game-centric first and foremost. I really do hate disqualifying submissions but this is gonna have to be one that I do.

Although he'll probably be allowed in a planned future round haha

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Tbh. I had to think about it because you bring up some valid points, but unfortunately my answer is gonna be that he's not qualified; Pokémon has a lot of merch but it's Video Game-centric first and foremost. I really do hate disqualifying submissions but this is gonna have to be one that I do.

Although he'll probably be allowed in a planned future round haha
That's all good! It's not a problem in the slightest. Let's change tack:

Character Name: King
Character Origin: Chess (15th Century in current form, predecessors date back to 9th Century)

Board games have a long and storied history, and long before we had the likes of Monopoly, Candyland or Cranium, a central focus of the genre was strategy. While forms of Go have been around for much longer, I think there's an argument to say that Chess is the quintessential "board game" - so why not do something a little unexpected by having a playable character from it?

With this in mind, I suggest King - who you could handle in a lot of unique ways. For instance - there's a Rivals of Aether mod that's just called "Chess", allowing the piece to transform into different pieces. Alternately, I'd suggest a slow summoner archetype - with different pieces having different uses when summoned, all while King itself is a fairly slow character who relies on keeping opponents away using strategy. There's a lot of different ways you could handle this while keeping Chess's strategy intact - and whether you wanted King to be a brawler who'd swing pieces at opponents, or a cerebral zoner/trapper who can place down pieces around the board, you could easily make an argument for all kinds of movesets here.

I recognise that King doesn't have much of a personality... but there's a lot of legacy to Chess as a game, a lot of iconic value, and... well, if it came down to trying to find things as iconic as Barbie or the LEGO minifigure, this is probably a good - if unexpected! - candidate for that role.

Full disclosure. If you think my first suggestion makes as much sense as Pikachu does right now, I can find another character.

Chase Suno (Monsuno)
Chase Suno | Monsuno Wiki | Fandom

First things first. Is he associated with a toyline? Yes, the Monsuno toyline came in conjunction with the animated series. Not like this roster isn't full of those, but still.

Second, Monsuno is a Jakks Pacific property. Whether you've heard of that company or not, the point is Chase Suno isn't a Hasbro property.

Third, Chase's moveset. I never got into Monsuno myself, but I know his partner Lock would be a vibrant part of how he fights.

And if we get him in, we can throw in some other Jakks Pacific items in the game.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job: Guest Character

Alright, this submission is gonna be a little different as I'm going to do a quick history lesson, on a huge aspect of the Toy Industry and one of its best selling lines... if you'd forgive my use of the term "Toy".
What is Gunpla?
So, I'm sure you all know what a Model Kit is; It's not exactly a toy, it's more accurately defined as a Collectible or a Display Model... but let's face it, it's a type of toy. An expensive, big boy grade toy, with assembly required. But make no mistake, Model Kits are not a joke, they're a behemoth of the industry and make up their own entire sections in any given Toy store. Originally popularized for being based on real-life vehicles, ranging from civilian vehicles like The Titanic to military vehicles, it's a market so big it's spawned its own hobby. But, ultimately, the most popular and dare I say the most iconic line of Model Kits worldwide is one I feel you're all familiar with: Gundam.

And going off of that I don't feel the need to explain what Gundam is, because you all know what it is. And of course for a series so popular it's going to have its own adult line, and that line is none other than Gunpla, the premiere Mecha line of the Model Kit industry; Originally popularized in Japan, it quickly made its way over to nearby countries and eventually the West, possibly being the biggest example of Eastern-developed toys that could be represented in this game... but I'm getting ahead of myself. Gunpla took the world by storm, and it continuously proves it popularity time and time again by being a best-selling line in the market; In fact, according to Bandai's Quarterly performance charts...
It's a huge seller. And Bandai is no joke, as the company itself has been labeled the second largest toy company worldwide as of 2023, beat out only by Lego. And take extra note because Gundam itself is listed as the 12th most valuable brand in this chart as well.
But, okay, you get the idea. Gunpla is its own self-made market, owned by one of the biggest toy manufacturers in the world. How does this translate into a playable Fighter?
ahem
THE RX-78-2 GUNDAM
Franchise: Mobile Suit Gundam
Company: Bandai

The most iconic Mobile Suit ever made, it's none other than the RX-78-2, a model so recognizable its the primary blueprint for so many heroic suits that came after it. And for those who don't know, it's of course the original Mobile Suit, making its first appearance in 1979's Mobile Suit Gundam, the first anime in the franchise and what would spawn the market blitz that is Gundam and Gunpla. So, of course with this suit being the face of the franchise, it's got a lot of history and lore behind it that would translate into an interesting moveset, in fact it's got it all. Which, of course, for a one-man army space suit designed to combat space Nazis, it should definitely have it all.
The Beam Sabers
For up-close and personal space battles, the Gundam comes equipped with a pair of back-mounted Beam Sabers, otherwise the Gundam franchise's lightsaber equivalent, and best paired with Gundam's shield. Of course these things on their own make for an awesome set of weapons, but not only that, they can combine into a Javelin for a second melee stance. THATS AWESOME!​
The Beam Rifle
A gun equally as iconic as Optimus Prime's Ion Rifle, it's the Gundam's Beam Rifle, carried on him almost at all times. Despite the limited ammunition it typically carries, it packs a huge punch in each blast, practically designed for kicking *ss, and this isn't even to mention its Super Napalm mode that's essentially a one-shot kill. It has a NAPALM MODE!​
The Shield
Screenshot 2024-01-11 200940.png
Probably the most iconic tool in Gundam's entire kit, as he practically carries it with him 24/7. Capable of blocking warship-level damage this thing can save the Gundam's hide from deadly attacks, and, as a matter of fact, there isn't a single character on the current roster that uses a shield, is there? I could be wrong, but, if not, this is definitely a first moveset wise.​
The Gravity Hammer
Okay, so, not really a hammer, but rather a flail, similar to that of Megatron's, except of course this is handheld rather than replacing a hand, and it has ROCKETS attached to it! Um, point of view, you have a giant-robot sized flail flying at you at mach speed.​
The Hyper Bazooka
Pretty self explanatory, if the Gundam needs a rocket launcher, well, he's got a rocket launcher.​
The Core Block System
Okay, just to clarify, the Gundam is not a Transformer. The Core Block System is an escape system design to have the Pilot's cockpit split apart and act a jet fighter, only under the circumstance that the suit has been destroyed. Imagine blowing up the Gundam in a fight and this thing flies out of it firing at you?​
Speaking of pilots, the Mobile Suit is only ever half the Gundam, none of these tools mean squat if not for the man inside the machine. And that brings me to the second half of this nomination, it's the most iconic Mobile Suit Pilot in the series...
AMURO RAY
Gundam's first protagonist, and in fact one of the most popular anime protagonists to ever grace TV screens around the globe; I'm sure everybody on this site knows how stupid popular Amuro and his Gundam is in Japan, and Ray himself is ranked as one of the series' most Legendary Gundam Pilots and characters in general. Frankly, there was never gonna be anyone else's Gundam in contention other than Ray's, he's just that integral to the series. And for those who don't know the story, he's the teenage kid who bravely hopped into the mysterious Federation weapon during a Zeon attack and became the linchpin of the civilian forces that stood again Chaar's Forces and eventually whooped his way across the One Year War into beating Zeon ass. You know, typical anime stuff.
OH and he has psychic powers. Telepathy and Precognition, of course.

Alright, I think everyone gets the gist of it by now, who this character is, what he can do, how important he is and what company's he tied to. But ultimately, none of it matters much more than having a Gundam in a (not really) official capacity finally, finally going up against...
Seriously, come on, you think the two most iconic toy robots of all-time wouldn't be cool as hell to have in the same fighting game roster?
---
Full disclosure. If you think my first suggestion makes as much sense as Pikachu does right now, I can find another character.
Jakks Pacific (and Topps as well) is a full-on toy company so he qualifies.

I am gonna say, I was expecting more nominations by now. Nobody's gunning for He-Man?

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Buzz_Lightyear (1).png

Buzz Lightyear

Tell me if this doesn't count. Disney \ Pixar aren't a toy company persay but this character very much has to do with toys. He was one of the most highly requested Christmas toys of 1996 into he real world. This would lean more into the actual toy version of Buzz from the Toy Story movies rather than the in universe space ranger version. He'd have lasers, wings, karate chop action and could pull stuff from the movies like RC and the Pixar Ball.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Buzz counts. The second rule is very much tailored to him.

On a side note, I'm gonna be leaving this job open for one more day; Both because I work too early today for me to update this job at 11, and also so we can get more nominations as 6 just isn't enough

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Sure, I'll make an exception. Although I believe Megadoomer said he's gonna try to stop by and submit someone, so you don't necessarily have to

Top Bottom