• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has Lucario won a major tournament?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
At the biggest tournaments around, has Lucario won any?

I'm well aware he has won tournament, but has he won at the highest level of play tournaments?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Azen won a few tournaments, but I believe he ditched Lucario since then.

So far, our biggest up-and-comers right now are Blood_Hawk, Lee-Harris (iirc), and Milln, though. So we expect them to start winning some major stuff soon while they wait for the rest of the Lucario community to catch up.

In other words, recently, no tournaments have really been WON by any Lucarios iirc, but that's gonna change once we find out how to play him to the best of his ability.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Azen won a few tournaments, but I believe he ditched Lucario since then.

So far, our biggest up-and-comers right now are Blood_Hawk, Lee-Harris (iirc), and Milln, though. So we expect them to start winning some major stuff soon while they wait for the rest of the Lucario community to catch up.

In other words, recently, no tournaments have really been WON by any Lucarios iirc, but that's gonna change once we find out how to play him to the best of his ability.
yeah, he's been getting more and more diddy. Still amazing what he can do without dribbling.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So I can take it Lucario is still showing up at major tournaments, even if he doesn't win as many as other characters.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
So I can take it Lucario is still showing up at major tournaments, even if he doesn't win as many as other characters.
Yes. Many (including Azen) have made lucario an established character at tourneys that while fighting usually at a disadvantage against other higher chars, still can face them toe to toe. One thing that makes him great is that most of his matchups at worst don't fall below 60:40 disadvantage, and there are still pretty nice matchups, like vs. C. Falcon (which everyone murders anyway) and Zamus.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yes. Many (including Azen) have made lucario an established character at tourneys that while fighting usually at a disadvantage against other higher chars, still can face them toe to toe. One thing that makes him great is that most of his matchups at worst don't fall below 60:40 disadvantage, and there are still pretty nice matchups, like vs. C. Falcon (which everyone murders anyway) and Zamus.
Lucario is like a Guilty Gear character, balanced in match-ups and character attributes.

Top Bottom