• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone used a tablet?

snakeater6541

Smash Rookie
Yeah, i've been looking into getting one but im not sure what to get and how much i should spend. So if anyone has some experiance with them it would be nice to know what im buying.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Get a Wacom, they are the best quality for price.

*Size depends on what you want to do with it: if you love landscape painting, I'd advise getting a largish one, but if just to draw regular stuff with, I'd say 4x6 is good enough

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
Intuos3 6x8 for $330 if you're serious about whatever you're doing.

Don't get a graphire because Intuos if pretty much better in every way possible.

snakeater6541

Smash Rookie
awsome suggestions! I was looking at Intuos to begin with so it's nice to know im not missing some great deal. But, I've heard that the 4x6 isn't that worthwhile because it really isn't big enough. Has anyone used a smaller one (as in, anything 4x6 or smaller) and if so, can you really work on a picture that is larger than that? (or is my source full of crap, which could totally be possible lol)

DRD

Smash Lord
Yeah, the fact that it's not a Wacom Tablet.

Just get Wacom, look around on Ebay, because if you want quality, then Wacom is your best bet.I've got a Wacom Intuos 4x6 and it's very nice and very durable.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
I use a Wacom Graphire, 4x6 which has been great, I've gone through about 3 graphire cause I abuse them so much (I've had graphire2, 3 and 4) xD But they always perform well, for a fair bit less than an intuous.

As for size, I think it really depends, you don't NEED a really really big one, 4x6 is big enough to do lots of things with, my uni has like 10 by something I think maybe, and honestly, they just make your arm tired because you have to exaggurate your strokes xD

Also, the 4x6 is a perfect size to cart around, good for me because I"m on a laptop, but even if you're using ito n a desktop, they're much easier to keep away and look after I think.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
trust me, 4x6 shold be big enough for most stuff, unless you are used to working with large canvases. For example, If I always took an entire sheet of 18x24 paper to do a drawing, a 4x6 would suck. But as I usually draw several things on normal sheet or paper, 4x6 is the right size for me.

It depends on what you were used to doing before using a tablet

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Personally I can't stand big tablets, they require very large long strokes to use. I have a Wacom Graphire 3 4x6, and I think they go for about $200 AUD, so probably cheaper in USD. The Intuous is better quality, but you really don't need it, and they're much more expensive. Some of the best artists in the world just use Graphires, and are perfectly happy with them. Especially since you are a beginner, Graphire is definitely the way to go.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
The difference is like only $100. Graphire is easier to use, but once you get the hang of it, intuous gives you so much more versatility. Not to mention that it doesn't matter how much "easier" it is to use a tablet if you're a first timer because its going to take a bit of getting used to anyways, so why not start getting used to a tablet that is overall just better?

I mean, I'd rather dish out the extra $100-$150 for something as important as a tablet.

Top Bottom