• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone received direct ridicule for using Little Mac?

MarkedRaptor

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0233-0881-8840
Switch FC
SW-4669-5955-8279
I consider Mac as the definite Underdog of this game, people don't expect him to win that often, but when he does, it's a great victory, especially when the opponent is a character like Diddy, Fox, and such. I've even built up a bit of rage when I was trying to win as Toon Link against a Charizard player, I soon be came 'Disgruntled Little Mac' and continued to win ten more games against him. Hell, recently, I fought six battle with different people, who left after I beat them. It's kinda disappointing when people see who you're playing and assume you're a bad player.

A good way I came up with to counter the 'Beat-Mac-Meta' is to rush to the other edge when you see them try to shield-grab you on the opposite edge. Throw a few punches, and wait for them to approach. Use Down Smashes while rolling if they roll with you, and dodging is good to follow with a FTilt or a FSmash. Also, I decided to limit my countering uses while coming down, only do so when they are right by you and then let them hit you so you can throw that punch back. It's kinda good to gain some ground too, especially if they hit you from behind, and it sends you in the opposite direction from them.
I have this nasty habit of playing bad characters because I enjoy the challenge or like the character. In Soul Calibur 5 I played Raphael(regarded as terrible), SF4 vanilla Vega(regarded as terrible) and so on. I've always been judged by who I play, people seem to think they are cheap in every game if they were good on one.

If someone camps at the ledge I need to see what kind of player they are first, typically they never expect me to roll past them and grab them and throw them off, or up tilt them out of the corner and wail on them. Approaching from the front relies on frame traps with jabs and tilts. It's risky though for sure.

Transforce98

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1564-3695-0517
Something I might need to consider there, thanks for the tip. Why don't we try out our Macs against each other? A few friendly sparing matches could be in order.

MarkedRaptor

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0233-0881-8840
Switch FC
SW-4669-5955-8279
Something I might need to consider there, thanks for the tip. Why don't we try out our Macs against each other? A few friendly sparing matches could be in order.
Sounds fun, my 3ds code is here, I'd need yours and I'm free tonight for an hour or so.

Little Mac vs Little Mac matchup is.....rough...lol

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
Yeah lol I get messages after I've beaten them too many times with mac and switch to another character; Affter they see me switch characters they reply with "Finally you use a real character" lol

Laitome

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-0929-1203
Yeah I do. My friends give me ****, I give them fists. However they do acknowledge that mac is **** on the tier lists and the crap they give almost exclusively comes from the fact that I'm just a really good little mac. Like a solid league above all of them good.

Last edited:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
Once I received some flak at a tournament for using Mac. That flak soon turned into praise when I kicked butt with him. I didn't win the tournament, but still. It shown that any character can be good if you know how to play them.

gamegod7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamegod7
3DS FC
1607-2735-0153
I know how it feels to get flak for Mac. I won a tournament at my school with Mac and now they banned him >_>

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
What's really interesting to me is that it seems like more and more people are starting to see Mac as a terrible character when he used to be thought as OP. On one hand, my friends don't get too upset with me if I pick him, but on the other hand, now they're doubting Mac. Recently, after being around the atmosphere of "Mac is terrible", I played a few matches with people who're less-skilled than what I'm used to. I used Mac and they all complained about him being OP, hating on his KO punch and super armor. It was...weird. After being around "Mac is terrible" for a while, it was weird to go back to "Mac is OP". And I've never...ever been around people who simply thought Mac was just a unique character like everyone else.

NNID
Majorasmask66
I know how it feels to get flak for Mac. I won a tournament at my school with Mac and now they banned him >_>
Thats so unbelievably ridiculous. Alot of people have been considering him to be the worst character in the game yet he should be banned...people are stupid.

Mew2Kid

Smash Rookie
I dislike Mac simply because I can never stay alive long enough to figure out how to work my way around him, but that's just me lmao. I do have a friend who mains Little Mac and me and the others in our group like to poke and call him "trash cuz you use hamburger" but we do it all in good fun and he knows it.
But it's more like it happens to me when someone is playing else Mac. People spam fsmash, dsmash, and usmash and ftilt and the have the audacity to say "URTRASH" or "THNX 4 FREE KOS" or even the super threatening "REKT" then leave after one match to go burden someone else with their dirty shenanigans. It's super annoying and it makes me want to snap my Wii Pad in half. :urg:

NNID
Majorasmask66
I dislike Mac simply because I can never stay alive long enough to figure out how to work my way around him, but that's just me lmao. I do have a friend who mains Little Mac and me and the others in our group like to poke and call him "trash cuz you use hamburger" but we do it all in good fun and he knows it.
But it's more like it happens to me when someone is playing else Mac. People spam fsmash, dsmash, and usmash and ftilt and the have the audacity to say "URTRASH" or "THNX 4 FREE KOS" or even the super threatening "REKT" then leave after one match to go burden someone else with their dirty shenanigans. It's super annoying and it makes me want to snap my Wii Pad in half. :urg:
No matter who acts like a jerk, disrespect like that is ridiculous no matter who it is coming from. Just ignore those a-holes.

Last edited:

Mew2Kid

Smash Rookie
No matter who acts like a jerk, disrespect like that is ridiculous no matter who it is coming from. Just ignore those a-holes.
Agreed 100%. But of course, there's nothing like leaving the room to fight someone else, but if you're like me who never wants to leave the room on a defeat, it could get you into deeper trouble... it's a habit that I have to break.

Dragonitan

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2122-8048-1140
Being a Lil Mac main on FG is one hell of an experience. The constant bm people atempt to do to ridicule you is insane, of course I know how to fight back when people try to b-throw you off stage and make fun of you, resulting in some salty salty disconects.

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
About for glory matches... Right when match starts I just see them rolling towards the ledge holding shield or just sitting there... Hilarious then when they can never grab me once and it goes back to the character select screen I just have my Tag as "Downloaded" That pisses them off... Then they go mac dittos then they get destroyed.

Transforce98

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1564-3695-0517
About for glory matches... Right when match starts I just see them rolling towards the ledge holding shield or just sitting there... Hilarious then when they can never grab me once and it goes back to the character select screen I just have my Tag as "Downloaded" That pisses them off... Then they go mac dittos then they get destroyed.
I don't see how 'Downloaded' makes them mad, but I'm not on the WiiU. Quick explanation, mate?

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
I don't see how 'Downloaded' makes them mad, but I'm not on the WiiU. Quick explanation, mate?
No explanation needed... I also use my Mayweather tag. I can't join rooms with it because they'll know who I use and quickly leave room before facing me. So I have to wait until they choose their character before I reveal new tag. For Glory tactics

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
I don't even use Little Mac a lot but what I did notice is that when I play on FG, I always end up 2 stocking people with the Mac combos I picked up.

Afterwards, they always go ZSS, Fox, Sonic, C.Falcon or Pikachu. If they win, they taunt. If they lose they just leave after using a special name to insult me.

If I get this everytime I use Mac, I think im going to use him more.

Mafiaraptor12

Smash Rookie
About for glory matches... Right when match starts I just see them rolling towards the ledge holding shield or just sitting there...

I'm guilty of such things, though almost everytime they fall for it

But I do think Mac is overhated. Fooled around with Mac(not my mains mind you), got all kinds of hate and mac dittos just to beat me for using him.

Transforce98

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1564-3695-0517
I noticed recently, when I win a match as Mac on FG, the next match they choose none other than Samus. Not Zero Suit, just actual Samus. I guess their strategy is to just sit on the other edge and projectile spam. Which worked once on me, because it was the first time it happened to me, the other times, I out maneuver their rickets and charged shots and Side Smash them to oblivion. They then proceed to leave....

People can be so SALTY....

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
dont take FG too seriously.

just sandbag and do novelty tags.

For example I use Mayweather if I just wanna spam grabs and throws with Mac.
I use AirFighter if i just wanna use aerials and go for offstage gimps.
this way you can have fun and you won't feel salty because the loss is justified.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Alot of the time I hear about how its "stupid" to have a character be bad in one aspect and be "insanley good" in another. Well guys... thats game balance... Not sure if they are saying he is op because they can't exploit a huge weakness or what. Little Mac doesn't need nerfs when if anything, he needs buffs.

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
dont take FG too seriously.

just sandbag and do novelty tags.

For example I use Mayweather if I just wanna spam grabs and throws with Mac.
I use AirFighter if i just wanna use aerials and go for offstage gimps.
this way you can have fun and you won't feel salty because the loss is justified.

I use the mayweather tag... That is my all day Tag in tournaments as well. Don't copy! =-d ONLY ONE MAYWEATHER HERE

Hylian42

Smash Rookie
My friend uses Little Mac. People were getting legitimately angry that they were losing against a Little Mac. Other friends of his were mocking people that lose against Little Mac and he had to remind them that they had lost against his.

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
People who use extreme language against Little Mac players, unless the player is as disrespectful as Super Macho Man just need to learn. LEARN!!

FP-Takyon

Smash Apprentice
I don't think little mac is cheap, but I have absolutely no problem playing super disrespectfully against people who think he is and salt-counterpick with him after I beat them lol

NNID
Majorasmask66
To be fair, I don't care if they counter pick or camp by the ledge unless they are trying to do some cheap tactic like an inhale ability than jumping off the ledge. By the way, if a Kirby ever tries that on you, slowly approached until you are in forward smash range and use your forward smash. It works every time.

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
i'm not a little mac main, and i don't play him online or in for glory and whatnot. but yeah, when i play him when playing with friends, it doesn't end well, but to be fair, i'm also a terrible little mac.

daxterattano

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1693-3733-9543
I get taunted a lot. Whenever I lose to someone who taunts a lot, they usually switch to Little Mac in the second match. I guess to show me how it's done? I end up beating them everytime they do it, then they go back to their main and proceed to get beat again, then they quit. lol

NNID
Majorasmask66
I get taunted a lot. Whenever I lose to someone who taunts a lot, they usually switch to Little Mac in the second match. I guess to show me how it's done? I end up beating them everytime they do it, then they go back to their main and proceed to get beat again, then they quit. lol
Your avatar is awesome btw. Yea they always switch to Little Mac and get destroyed. I fought a dude that was taunting alot, than he beat me. I destroyed him the second match and taunted alot. He switched to Little Mac and I DESTROYED him. As he was falling to his death due to it being impossible for him to recover, (he tried) I was taunting as all of a sudden the game started to lag and then start loading. Then the match continued. Keep in mind this happened as he was falling to his death during his second stock. This must have been a rage quit. I'm so glad I made some salty loser get extremely angry. While he was pissed off I was laughing at how salty and pathetic he is (:

daxterattano

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1693-3733-9543
Your avatar is awesome btw. Yea they always switch to Little Mac and get destroyed. I fought a dude that was taunting alot, than he beat me. I destroyed him the second match and taunted alot. He switched to Little Mac and I DESTROYED him. As he was falling to his death due to it being impossible for him to recover, (he tried) I was taunting as all of a sudden the game started to lag and then start loading. Then the match continued. Keep in mind this happened as he was falling to his death during his second stock. This must have been a rage quit. I'm so glad I made some salty loser get extremely angry. While he was pissed off I was laughing at how salty and pathetic he is (:
Thank you, I made it myself.

It's fun beating people who are full of themselves. It's times like those were I wish there was voice comm. so I can hear the salt. lol

FarsiX

Smash Rookie
Yes, and the most I got were in my first 2 hours in FG with Mac. There's no better feeling than getting ledged within a few seconds of a FG match, having them taunt you, then come back to whoop their butt. I've done it quite a few times and it's most fun I've had playing smash.

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
If anyone wants to see some salty scrub getting destroyed after he tries to destroy me with my own main, I just uploaded a replay on Smash Wii U called "Salty Scrub.JV3?" so yea. I'm the one in the pink hoodie btw. I know these replays get the names mixed up sometimes for some reason. It was For Glory 1v1 final destination USA so yea thats what you can put in if you can't find it assuming anyone cares.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If anyone wants to see some salty scrub getting destroyed after he tries to destroy me with my own main, I just uploaded a replay on Smash Wii U called "Salty Scrub.JV3?" so yea. I'm the one in the pink hoodie btw. I know these replays get the names mixed up sometimes for some reason. It was For Glory 1v1 final destination USA so yea thats what you can put in if you can't find it assuming anyone cares.
He must've had high levels of :salt: to back out after respawning. lol

FlashStormed

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flashstormed
I usually get the usual ditto, but other then that not too much. I did play against someone today who also used Little Mac, tag as Makunouchi and Ippo, so I absolutely loved him. But then he proceeds to call me a D-Smash Spammer (I down smash as a ledge guard). He won I think twice in about 5 games and would taunt after a ko, but that's alright I don't mind taunts. I wanted to friend him but forgot his name so we can play again.

NNID
Majorasmask66
I usually get the usual ditto, but other then that not too much. I did play against someone today who also used Little Mac, tag as Makunouchi and Ippo, so I absolutely loved him. But then he proceeds to call me a D-Smash Spammer (I down smash as a ledge guard). He won I think twice in about 5 games and would taunt after a ko, but that's alright I don't mind taunts. I wanted to friend him but forgot his name so we can play again.
Do you want to friend him to destroy him or be friends?

FlashStormed

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flashstormed
Do you want to friend him to destroy him or be friends?
I really enjoyed playing him, so it would have to be, to be friends! I really like playing against fellow Little Macs, because we can find out ways to play against Little Mac, thus finding ways to defend ourselves from people who notice the same things. If that makes sense.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I know a number of people at my local Smash tourney ridicule the local Mac main, though some of it has to do with the fact that he's not particularly good and is fairly close to the stereotypical FG Mac, and doesn't play any other characters. Personally I like Mac in friendlies but not in tourney solely due to how volatile he is, and how easy it is to either get a win you didn't deserve with him or lose a match you should've won. I once Mac dittoed him in tourney and won, but the match felt super random and I only won because I landed a KO punch before he did. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j7Ql35ZIag&list=PLw2nr8x4bFFfqVjVVe_iXpWqAm9gTdLra&index=8

Top Bottom