• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone received direct ridicule for using Little Mac?

NNID
Majorasmask66
Although I have always used Little Mac, recently, I've noticed more and more players who use the name tag thing to send hatred towards Little Mac players like me. I've been called lots of childish things by childish people for using Little Mac. Has anyone else been treated like this online?

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I never communicated through name tags, but I admit that I find myself playing a bit more disrespectfully (such as Dededeciding) when playing against Macs. Not something I'm proud of, it's just a bit of a bad habit of mine...

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
I never communicated through name tags, but I admit that I find myself playing a bit more disrespectfully when playing against Macs. Not something I'm proud of, it's just a bit of a bad habit of mine...
And thats fine just as long as you don't insult someone for their preference. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, that's...unfortunate. Even though I haven't used the Mac during online matches, I've never encountered anyone with a name tag referencing their so called "hatred" towards him just cause they see him more often. I fought a couple of Mac users myself but I never would do anything so much and immature as to diss em just cuz they like using him. Besides, who gives a **** what they think.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Well, that's...unfortunate. Even though I haven't used the Mac during online matches, I've never encountered anyone with a name tag referencing their so called "hatred" towards him just cause they see him more often. I fought a couple of Mac users myself but I never would do anything so much and immature as to diss em just cuz they like using him. Besides, who gives a **** what they think.
Yea I don't care what they think. Too bad for them too cause there is more Little Mac where that came from.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Yea I don't care what they think. Too bad for them too cause there is more Little Mac where that came from.
Yeah, just keep rocking on that Mac, baby. ;)

Hell, if I wanted to, I could just use him myself a lot once I improve my skills with him.

EDIT: ****, I double posted...

Last edited by a moderator:

Uffe

Smash Hero
I used to hate Little Mac as a character because of the constant usage I had come up against in For Glory. Kind of got used to fighting the character and started to have more respect towards those who mained him because of how limited he seems. If you can get far with him, then that's impressive.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
yea i've seen tags like "PUSY" "KILLYOURSELF" "FAGOT"

or the best yet "UR BAD" and then they picked Little Mac too, and I 2 stocked them.

NNID
Majorasmask66

or the best yet "UR BAD" and then they picked Little Mac too, and I 2 stocked them.
Some guy got mad at me for two stocking him in like 40 seconds, insulted me, switched to little mac, and then i owned him with ganondorf while he was little mac. He asked me "How do you like it?" and i felt just fine considering I still beat him. Oh and it's funny to see people call you a scrub when they finally win a match. I DESTROYED a guy and he rage quitted by killing himself and then chose another character which I DESTROYED again and then he switched to diddy kong and I still beat him. We played a match after that and he FINALLY won the match with diddy, called me a scrub, and ran away.

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
I used to hate Little Mac as a character because of the constant usage I had come up against in For Glory. Kind of got used to fighting the character and started to have more respect towards those who mained him because of how limited he seems. If you can get far with him, then that's impressive.
Yea alot of the "OP" impressions are from people who haven't really learned the match up. Once players understand how to fight him, he becomes alright. And I often do good with little mac so thank you!

Uffe

Smash Hero
Yea alot of the "OP" impressions are from people who haven't really learned the match up. Once players understand how to fight him, he becomes alright. And I often do good with little mac so thank you!
Yeah, again, I first encountered him in For Glory. Then I played a really good Mac in some friendlies and got stomped pretty bad. I've said this before and I'll say it again, I don't have the patience to use Little Mac. I tired him out to see what he was like, and he's not for me. If there is another patch that happens when Mewtwo comes out, or if Sakurai and Co. decide to release a patch, I hope they give Mac his side B recovery back, because that was a stupid move on their part.

NNID
Majorasmask66
What kind of hate names have you seen?
Just the usual call of duty type stuff. stuff like "FAAG" and "LIL FAAG" and "BTCCH" ect. One told me that I do vulgar things that considering what I just said, you can probably guess what he says I put i my mouth. Most of these people seem to be children based on the language used.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Just the usual call of duty type stuff. stuff like "FAAG" and "LIL FAAG" and "BTCCH" ect. One told me that I do vulgar things that considering what I just said, you can probably guess what he says I put i my mouth. Most of these people seem to be children based on the language used.
How does that necessarily involve you using Little Mac tho

BBC7

Smash Ace
I lost all respect for the character when I wanted to learn the Game & Watch vs Little Mac match-up, and some guy online has the audacity to spam F-Smash, F-Tilt, D-Smash, and D-Tilt almost every second. It worked because all of Mac's smashes have more reach than mine with the addition of ****ing superarmor which doesn't even let me approach from the air which is where Mac is weak. To top it all off, G&W grab has pitiful range so I have to predict 2 rolls, which usually just ends up with me getting an F-Smash to the face after running into it because I needed an extra roll from Mac if I wanted to grab him. I actually wouldn't mind if they gave Little Mac damage buffs if they just took away that superarmor and that damned KO Punch. I'm content with saying that I don't like Little Mac, I performed better with my Marth against the exact same player. And I don't even play Marth.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
If he's just throwing out moves to stop you from approaching,
maybe throw sausages at him? Also G&W's Dsmash has good
range in case he gets roll-happy. And Dash Attack is good
for punishing whiffed smashes when reasonably close enough.
And when people say Mac's air game is bad, it doesn't
mean he's bad at countering air attacks. You may have noticed
G&W's air-to-ground is somewhat lacking. Relying on it
won't get you far against most players, especially not Little Mac.

No offense @ BBC7 BBC7 , but you have a bad habit of letting
bad losses of getting you extremely salty and losing judgement.

I have a lot more things I could say to help, but I'll just
finish by saying you probably fished too hard for grabs and
air attacks, things that you felt hard countered Mac, when
you could have been poking more safely with things like Ftilt,
Bair and Chef.

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace
No offense @ BBC7 BBC7 , but you have a bad habit of letting
bad losses of getting you extremely salty and losing judgement.
I wish I could argue against this but it's true so I'm not going to. Anyways, the main reason I was going for Grabs the whole is because Down-Throw to Judge is guaranteed on Little Mac. I was basically just fishing for 9's without realizing that my gameplan is highly ineffective. Come to think of it, fishing for U-Smash would've probably been more effective.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just a fair warning to you guys. I know that tension can get high when people are douchenozzles over the Tag system, but keep in mind that by posting exactly what they said, it's technically still censor dodging. Please don't do that. :p

To respond to the thread, it personally hasn't happened to me through the tags, but I did get someone who clearly got upset that I beat him with Mac, and then switched to Mac himself. And then proceeded to get 2-Stocked. And then he rage-quit. Some people are just immature, sadly.

RedQuelll

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedQuell

Honest to god that was probably me hahahaha, I remember doing that. I got realllyyyy salty that day. I actually have that tag and remember that exact scenario haha. Except it was a while back, within first 3 weeks. I didn't now how to handle little macs then. No hard feelings haha. (re-re-edit my tag is different, my bad lol) carry on

Last edited:

IWinToLose

Smash Apprentice
I feel bad for Little Macs in For Glory. A lot of newer players playing Little Mac in For Glory probably quit playing smash due to how bad they get wrecked there.

Depending on the player, sometimes I do disrespect them. If they taunt regularly or have some salty/racist/hateful/cocky name tag, they are going to be hearing "SONIC SPEED" (if I'm using Sonic) every time before and after they die. Then they will be trying to hit a Sonic on their 2nd stock that's just bouncing constantly on springs for 60 seconds straight.

There are definitely really good Little Mac players. However, I believe that the majority of the For Glory Little Mac's are prepubescent 12 year olds who got this game for Christmas from their mommy and daddy with an annoying name tag like IMGAWDLY and who think they can spam the C-Stick and Dash Attack all day.

If you're not an annoying 12 year old, new to game, and use Little Mac, that's fine. Just don't be a dweeb about it.

Last edited:

Spudman

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nevets_Spud
Yeah, Punch-Out!! was one of my all time favorite games growing up, so I have a real sentimental attachment to the character. A lot of people whether it be on For Glory or in person will give me grief for playing the character. It's really stupid.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Yeah, Punch-Out!! was one of my all time favorite games growing up, so I have a real sentimental attachment to the character. A lot of people whether it be on For Glory or in person will give me grief for playing the character. It's really stupid.
It's so ridiculous to see a character who isn't even OP get treated with such disgust. It's like insulting players in smash bros brawl for using link and how they are desperate for using him. Its laughable and pathetic someone would act like that and think like that. On a side note, I've beaten all but one people who have bashed me for using little mac. The one guy who insulted me that I won less matches against did it once and never again. Not that thats alright but yea. The people I beat who hate little mac seem to go berserk after they lose to him.

Last edited:

Spudman

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nevets_Spud
Definitely. I got a lot of heat for using Ike in Brawl too, I guess because Mac falls into that sort of "noob killer" area? Like he easily wrecks people who don't know how to punish him or play the game skillfully, so they just assume he's OP/cheap. I got a LOT of "oh you're an Ike main? eww" kind of deal back then lol

Noventia

Smash Cadet
The hate I once received was because the guy hated LM for being limited. I beat his diddy and he immediately changes his tag to HACKS. I preceded to destroy his diddy five more times (this isn't even an accomlishment. All he did was spam side b.) before he ragequit.

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
The hate I once received was because the guy hated LM for being limited. I beat his diddy and he immediately changes his tag to HACKS. I preceded to destroy his Diddy five more times (this isn't even an accomplishment. All he did was spam side b.) before he ragequit.
LOL. I was using little mac and a guy used sheik. took his first stock and we started to fight more until he proceeded to kill himself running off the ledge in a ragequit. Keep in mind that some people believe sheik to be the best character in the game, yes, better than Diddy. He switched to some other character which I easily two stocked and then he switched to diddy kong. I beat him again but it wasn't a two stock. He quickly went BERSERK and insulted me with call of duty level insults. We played a fourth match where he FINALLY beat me with diddy and he said he rekt me and ran away. It's pretty funny. Use's the two best characters in the game and gets mad at me for using Little Mac. And despite all that, he lost three matches, two of which he lost HARD!

Last edited:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
I don't even understand why people act like Little Mac is "overpowered" or "broken".

LOL. I was using little mac and a guy used sheik. took his first stock and we started to fight more until he proceeded to kill himself running off the ledge in a ragequit. Keep in mind that some people believe sheik to be the best character in the game, yes, better than Diddy. He switched to some other character which I easily two stocked and then he switched to diddy kong. I beat him again but it wasn't a two stock. He quickly went BERSERK and insulted me with call of duty level insults. We played a fourth match where he FINALLY beat me with diddy and he said he rekt me and ran away. It's pretty funny. Use's the two best characters in the game and gets mad at me for using Little Mac. And despite all that, he lost three matches, two of which he lost HARD!
Same here, when an opponent manages to win once after loosing many battles, they often change their name tag to something offensive and leave.
*Jeff Goldblum voice* Saltiness... uh... finds a way.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Definitely. I got a lot of heat for using Ike in Brawl too, I guess because Mac falls into that sort of "noob killer" area? Like he easily wrecks people who don't know how to punish him or play the game skillfully, so they just assume he's OP/cheap. I got a LOT of "oh you're an Ike main? eww" kind of deal back then lol
shoutouts for TVTropers out there, but it certainly says a lot when both little mac and Ike, as well as Link for Melee, are mentioned in the Trope "Skill-Gate Character"... which, in TL;DR terms refers to someone novices find easy to use, and experts find easy to beat.

I believe Rosa-Luma was also mentioned, but I don't remember off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
Oh yeah. All the time. Whenever I choose Little Mac, my friends always complain. A few are so incredibly convinced that he's OP. Even when I try to explain to them his weaknesses and show them clear instances when someone online obliterated my Mac, they STILL think he's OP and noob friendly... God, Little Mac gets no respect.

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
i can tell when i'm playing people online they're thinking "oh...another noob little mac. well time to troll him lel"

Actilide

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Actilide
3DS FC
5300-9499-3228
Someone in my Skype group constantly mocks me for playing Mac. I came second in our weekly tournament he came 7th.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wow, I can't believe there are still people mocking Little Mac users here just cuz he's "cheap" or whatever it is they call it. I got nothing but the upmost respect for all Mac mains and even secondary mains around here.

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
I have literally had a person to my face in tournament aggressively tell me "Mac Sucks ****". I proceeded to drop jaws. This is the way you must deal with such criticisms.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I do play a tad bit more disrespectful when I'm matched up against a Mac
I blame For Glory, it's given Mac the "insta-scrub" label
:121:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just fought against a skilled Mac user earlier and all I can say I had some fun playing against him, even that one match where I got two-stocked. lol
I need some more of those to improve my Rosalina skills.

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
I have once. The guy had a lag switch, so it was very funny to see him constantly change his name to disrespect me. He left after he used his lag switch to escape a KO punch that would've connected, had he not used his switch.
Aside from that, I never get disrespect and I never disrespect a Little Mac player. I usually swap to Little Mac if I come across one online, just to have fun with the other player. They usually leave after that match.

NNID
Majorasmask66
I have once. The guy had a lag switch, so it was very funny to see him constantly change his name to disrespect me. He left after he used his lag switch to escape a KO punch that would've connected, had he not used his switch.
Aside from that, I never get disrespect and I never disrespect a Little Mac player. I usually swap to Little Mac if I come across one online, just to have fun with the other player. They usually leave after that match.
Thats upsetting. Little Mac dittos are the most fun dittos in the game IMO.

Top Bottom