• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone found changes to Fox in 1.08?

Sheikachu

Smash Rookie
I think 1.07 Fox was perfect in terms of balance, but you never know with Sakurai and the team.

Virgule

Smash Cadet
NNID
virgule222
I tested the % on moves and grab and nothing is different. might need further tests on KB and else but Fox looks like the same as before yet.

Last edited:

AvengerV

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AvengerV
Fox better not get changed. He is perfect the way he is. Doesn't need a nerf or a buff. If Fox ever gets changed I will be pretty upset.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I still can't believe they haven't removed the double jab combo.

Yogehi

Smash Rookie
not a fox change but a zelda change that benefits fox

her neutral b hit box doesn't hit as fast anymore, making it easier to jab combo her

couldn't take a video, but take a level 9 zelda cpu and just keep jab comboing her. she will try to neutral b and you'll see the neutral b animation, but you don't get hit

verified by using a gamestop controller on zelda and made it do turbo neutral b and just kept on jab comboing her

eventually she will get high enough where you'll need to shield her neutral b

Alpha Kong

Smash Rookie
NNID
AlphaKong
Things Fox could use: some kind of spike, less endlag on laser, and kill throw, but maybe a forward throw kill like pit/dark pit

Umby

Smash Master
Is someone able to test some things with his dash? It feels like I can...foxtrot easier? Probably just my own personal placebo, but...yeah.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Fox never had a Spike, and we already have a "semi" spike in Fair anyway, so that won't happen. Ever.

Less endlag on Blaster is at the top of my wish list, this game is filled with contradictions at times, as we see Luigi just spam fire balls, or Sheik's needle with the hit-stun upon impact, it makes no sense for the blasters to be nerfed that harshly.

I'd like more Knock Back Growth on Fthrow too, but I have a feeling that won't efter happen, currently your best option is just to grab them before they touch or make it to the ledge in the air so they won't have their double jump and then Fthrow them off.

But I agree with M@V's statement, that he's a slightly nerfed Brawl Fox, heck if we could Shine spike them in brawl Fox would have an easier time gimping, alas.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
if fox had a kill throw he'd probably be the best character in the game.
Fox needs nothing, he is a strong character but also quite well balanced.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
It would be pretty cool if Fox had Shine back. Why is Ness (and now maybe Lucas) allowed to gimp me at 0~35% with PK Thunder taking my jumps away or just sending me away offstage, but Fox isn't allowed to do the same to the other characters?

Alas, this thread is becoming more of a "what changes Fox should've had" rather than actual changes he received in the patch. Which are none. Jab -> Jab still works on the same characters (I guess Fox can jab lock ness, so...) and looks like Ryu is going to be fun to fight (man, he's so technical and fun to play though, brb).

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Alas, this thread is becoming more of a "what changes Fox should've had" rather than actual changes he received in the patch. Which are none. Jab -> Jab still works on the same characters (I guess Fox can jab lock ness, so...) and looks like Ryu is going to be fun to fight (man, he's so technical and fun to play though, brb).
Luigi can fire ball spam free of charge, 6 damage a piece creating a wall

Fox isn't allowed to hit you for 1 damage from across the stage.

The Sakurai Zone.

M@v

Subarashii!
Lasers aren't entirely awful. In fact I still try to make the most of them as much as I can in my playstyle. The custom charge blaster has much more oomph behind it, but its slower.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
The lessened utility of the lasers compared to Melee or Brawl does make it harder to use them safely, but it's silly to say that it has no utility. I incorporate it in my play whenever I need to play more defensive and it still works good for forcing approaches, metering damage, or unstaling moves. Plus, if you have good aim, you can sometimes tack on an extra percent after you send someone offstage, which just makes you feel cool.

Last edited:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Admit you want the blaster back!
yeah I do, especially after all the hours I put in learning to do retreating triple laser, but if fox had that in this game he'd be broken as ****, there would be like 2 characters in the whole game who'd be able to do anything to you at all in neutral.

lasers arent really that good perse, but the very fact you have them means more or less every character is forced to approach you which is a very nice thing to have going for a character.

RATED

Smash Lord
yeah I do, especially after all the hours I put in learning to do retreating triple laser, but if fox had that in this game he'd be broken as ****, there would be like 2 characters in the whole game who'd be able to do anything to you at all in neutral.

lasers arent really that good perse, but the very fact you have them means more or less every character is forced to approach you which is a very nice thing to have going for a character.
First I think "he would be so broke" then I remember Sheik derp fair and needles and Rosaluma. So **** it and give back the lasers already.

Top Bottom