• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone confirmed whether or not cBliss works on PM3.02?

doom900

Smash Rookie
Can one of you guys please give me a short explanation of how to get cBliss working with Project M 3.02? I spent hours and hours attempting to make it work, but it always freezes for me when I choose Fight and won't even boot into the character selection screen.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I wanted to update my build to the current version
Use this thinger: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i6jo89480via4/cBliss_Tool

If you download the EXE, put it in the same place as your RSBE.gct file and run it. It will read your Project M 3.02 gct as a 3.01 code file, but that's fine. (If it has trouble reading your gct file, right-click and Run As Administrator might do the trick.)
In the window that pops up, click the "Expanded Characters" checkbox, and then "Update GCT". It'll take a good three or so minutes to write in what it needs to, at least that's how long it takes for me, but once it finishes then you're set. :) Just make sure to have 10 CSPs, Victory portraits, and (optionally for 1p modes) stock icons for all characters. 12 for Wario. Also be careful the sc_selcharacter.pac does not go over 3.79 MB, or else the game will freeze upon loading the roster. Re-encoding the CSPs from CI8 to CMPR files using BrawlBox should do the trick. It drops the quality, but saves a lot of file space in the end.

doom900

Smash Rookie
Thanks man I used the tool, but wasn't aware of the file limit. That was no doubt what caused my freeze :)

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
Use this thinger: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i6jo89480via4/cBliss_Tool

If you download the EXE, put it in the same place as your RSBE.gct file and run it. It will read your Project M 3.02 gct as a 3.01 code file, but that's fine. (If it has trouble reading your gct file, right-click and Run As Administrator might do the trick.)
In the window that pops up, click the "Expanded Characters" checkbox, and then "Update GCT". It'll take a good three or so minutes to write in what it needs to, at least that's how long it takes for me, but once it finishes then you're set. :) Just make sure to have 10 CSPs, Victory portraits, and (optionally for 1p modes) stock icons for all characters. 12 for Wario. Also be careful the sc_selcharacter.pac does not go over 3.79 MB, or else the game will freeze upon loading the roster. Re-encoding the CSPs from CI8 to CMPR files using BrawlBox should do the trick. It drops the quality, but saves a lot of file space in the end.
I used the tool but I noticed my common5.pac still doesn't have the extra portraits for every character. Any help?

doom900

Smash Rookie
I imported them the extra characters portraits manually. Use the portraits that come with the cbliss 1.5 download.

Kati

Smash Lord
Anyone have a common5.pac file that is good to go for 3.02 that they would be willing to share?

doom900

Smash Rookie
If on the cbliss tool, you edit the number of costumes for that character to below the default of 10.

Oreodesu

Smash Rookie
I was so close to getting this to work. I was able to cycle through all 10 of Sonic's slots and i think i picked 2 of the extra ones for a battle. But when i went to choose the tenth it froze. Also, the order of the costumes is bonkers. literally everything got messed up for me. If anyone could give suggestions as to what I need to do for it to not freeze that would be great, but for now i'm going back to Unaltered Project M.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Final question,d let'ssay I don't want to add a costume to someone, what do I do to that character?

Oreodesu

Smash Rookie
Final question,d let'ssay I don't want to add a costume to someone, what do I do to that character?
I believe you're supposed to not check that character in the cBliss tool. I read somewhere that when you have the code set to enable 10 costumes for a character and they don't have 10 costumes or 10 CSPs or Battle portraits it just freezes up.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I believe you're supposed to not check that character in the cBliss tool. I read somewhere that when you have the code set to enable 10 costumes for a character and they don't have 10 costumes or 10 CSPs or Battle portraits it just freezes up.
That's true, that's why I don't want to add costumes for certain characters. Too much of a pain, especially with the 10th costume broken for some characters.

Oreodesu

Smash Rookie
Okay so we can confirm that the 10th costume doesnt work for most characters? Maybe i will use Cbliss after all.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
There seems to be some lack of info here. The 10th costume freezing happens because I've modified the code to load a new slot for certain characters, to keep the tendency in Project M. Characters whose default costume is used in teams (for example, Mario) have no file for that color (in Mario's case, there's no FitMario01 in the game), and the regular cBliss used every costume from 00 to 09. Extra costumes in Project M, instead of using the unused color (FitKoopa02, for example, which would be green), just use the next color available and keeps ignoring the unused one. So, the Dry Bowser costume is FitKoopa07, and not FitKoopa02.

When cBliss tool detects Project M 3.0x, it adds costumes while ignoring the already ignored costumes, so after FitKoopa07, it adds FitKoopa08, FitKoopa09 and FitKoopa10. The last costume for characters like this are the FitXXX10, not the FitXXX09, and because of that, many people lack a needed costume and the game freezes.

Also, when cBliss Tool detects Project M 3.0x, the ability to switch the order of the costumes is also removed, so the order used is always the Project M one. This way, there won't be players with FitXXX00, FitXXX01, FitXXX02, FitXXX03 .... FitXXX09 for all characters, but the order will be custom for each character as in normal Brawl/Project M and there won't be issues when trying to use teams with characters with alt team colors.

In short, if a character is freezing for you, add FitXXX10, and it should get fixed. To leave a character without further expanding (just the number of costumes in regular Project M), just uncheck its box. The number shown with each character's name only works if the character is checked.

Oreodesu

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to know which costume is going into the extra slots? I've been using Brawl Costume Manager and it doesn't show anything on the right side where the CSS and CSP should be. It only shows me the model.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Is there a way to know which costume is going into the extra slots? I've been using Brawl Costume Manager and it doesn't show anything on the right side where the CSS and CSP should be. It only shows me the model.
Yep, same here
I've been unable to add new CSS portraits and BP's because they do not appear in the costume manager.
Also, the Costume Manager loads 10 costumes by default por every character, does that mean I can just add FitXXX0X and they'll appear in the selection screen?

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089

BobbyTheBrokeMonarch

Smash Cadet
You can edit the .gct file with the cBliss Tool to have any amount of outfits of your liking. I included a .gct file with costume edits for maxed slots and default projectm for editing from the base. You'll need to rename the .gct files to just RSBE01.gct for it to read on your SD card or the cBliss Tool.

Since you're using stage expansion though you're either going to have to add the expansion codes to my .gcts provided or use my default projectm.gct as a base when editing your stage expansion .gct in the cBliss Tool.

As for the file dragging they should be fine except the common5.pac. You're going to want to export out the char_bust_tex_lz77 inside sc_selcharacter_en as well as MiscData[90] and in the sc_selmap_en section, MiscData[40], and insert them in your custom common5.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I'm just going to leave this cBliss ready Project M 3.0.2 here for everyone's convinence: http://www.mediafire.com/download/labhsaz70ddzbbz/cBliss Ready Project M 3.0.2.zip
I am away from my system, but I can at least download stuff here at my office. So once i download this, I place the cbliss program in the correct folder to run it, select which characters I want to add slots for and then start placing the right amount of PAC and PCS to fill it up with their portraits?

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Pretty much that yes. I already included fillers for the InfFaceXXX.brres, MenSelchrFaceBXXX.brres, stock icons, and character portraits.
Thank you. I played around with this last night and want to do this in phases. So I started with Mewtwo, Ike, Charizard, Luigi and Pit. I used the cBliss tool and enabled 10 slots for those characters. The good news is 3/5 works fine. The problem I have is in regards to Luigi and Charizard. For Luigi, if I select costume 9 and start a battle, the game freezes. For Charizard, if I even just select either costume 8 or 9, the game immediately freezes. Has anyone run into this problem?

As a reference to what I have on Luigi's FIgher folder: it goes from Luigi02.pac & pcs, then 07 - 010. Charizard goes from 01 - 010. Can anyone help me out?

*Update* I got Luigi working now by using some filler slots that keep the game from freezing. Here is the weird thing I ran into when I was checking out some skins. Even though I only selected Mewtwo, Ike Charizard, Luigi and Pit to add slots too … the game now registers extra slots for Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Link (final slot) and Lucario. Charizard still freezes when I just select the costume spot for either 8 or 9. Lucario freezes the game just by using is regular costume. Any help?

Last edited:

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Are you sure you got the latest version of cBliss Tool? The current one is supposed to fix all the issues related to having more expanded characters than expected. In old versions, there were some characters that were expanded even when they weren't checked in the list.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I will redownload the latest one from this link: I'm just going to leave this cBliss ready Project M 3.0.2 here for everyone's convinence: http://www.mediafire.com/download/labhsaz70ddzbbz/cBliss Ready Project M 3.0.2.zip

+Update+ when I use this download, it shows Project M 3.01 on the bottom left. When I ran the program, I still have lucario, pikachu, peach, link and jiggly puff as extras though I did not select them. Should I start with a copy of an old RSBE01 and try running the program? Recent test shows Lucario costume 09 slot crashes the game. Also his default slot is the red instead of the default blue.

*UPDATE* I ran the program, selected my characters … but now there are NO extra slots on the ones I have chosen. I then tried again and still the same problem as before. Charizard freezes and peach, peach, jigglypuff and lucario have extras….

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Can somone provide a base code with just an extension of slots for Luigi, Samus and Mewtwo. Since the other characters are crashing or being forced to open their costumes ... I would like to at least just focus on these characters and simply replace some skins on others. Whoever can do this ... thank you!

*UPDATE* I have downloaded the program linked earlier by Steelie. It did show the number on the left hand corner 3.01. I am away from my computer but kept all the coding with me to work here at my office since I can import player models and the associated battle portraits. I did notice i can select a number of costumes ... so does that mean I do NOT have to use all 10 if I want to expand the costume roster. Does it work with the latest build?

Last edited:

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Lowering the number of costumes should work for any build. Using the program on a fresh ProjectM gct would be the best option anyway.

Also, said it already, but for Project M, cBliss Tool ignores the unused color for some characters, and the 10th costume isn't fitxxx09 but fitxxx10. That's why the last costume freezes for some characters like Lucario.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Lowering the number of costumes should work for any build. Using the program on a fresh ProjectM gct would be the best option anyway.

Also, said it already, but for Project M, cBliss Tool ignores the unused color for some characters, and the 10th costume isn't fitxxx09 but fitxxx10. That's why the last costume freezes for some characters like Lucario.
Thanks for the help on that, I started editing the number of costumes to the numbers I wanted. However, once I got past Charizard, when I try to adjust the numbers, they save as (3). For example, I want to have 7 costume slots for Squirtle ... so I checked the box, clicked edit and selected 7. However, once it finishes compiling that request, it would show on 3 costume slots next to squirtle's name on the list. The same thing happens if I try to change the numbers on other characters. Anyone run into that?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I'm guessing the costume expansion codes are there more than once for some reason.

Send me your gct file as currently is, please.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I thank you for offering. I did start from scratch again and it finally started working. I will start slowly adding characters in when I get my extra sd cards in the mail. (Also to take a break due to some time crunch on things.) I think I may end up using your inlcuded file with All the costumes unlocked. I can simply use filler characters to fill in the slots and replace them as new models are being released by people. Someone did come up with a file that contains the extra costume/portrait spots to fill in as well ... so that works for me! Thank you again, if something comes up I will PM you. Thank you.

sprongz

Smash Rookie
BobbytheBrokenMonarch
I feel like I should tell you that the reason for the charizard freeze is that the portrait in the common5.pac has the number 299 in brawlbox, while it should say 289.
this, of all things, causes a freeze when scrolling to his portrait. Just wanted to let you know :D

Narpas_sword

Would it be likely that cbliss is causing random crashes mid round?

Have had it happen 4 times, not regularly, and never at the start of a game, just mid round.

It's been different costumes and stages too. Can't think of a common element other than it was an expanded costume slots each time

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I know they may be larger than you want but myself or @NFreak have packs that are fully utilizing cBliss with every character spot filled. I'm not at my computer but give it a download and rip it apart. My pack may be a little.. Well it's not really vanilla so if your wanting a springboard try NFreaks build!

Sorry of this wasn't helpful, I'm tired :)

Last edited:

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Would it be likely that cbliss is causing random crashes mid round?

Have had it happen 4 times, not regularly, and never at the start of a game, just mid round.

It's been different costumes and stages too. Can't think of a common element other than it was an expanded costume slots each time
The codes generated by cBliss Tool should not conflict at all with anything on Project M, so no freezes should come because of them. However, if you're adding the 'cBliss' codes by yourself with the tool, there's the possibility there's some conflict, and thus freezing.

The memory allocation I used for my replacement for the cBliss code wasn't conflicting before PM 3.0, but once PM came out there was some code in the same memory allocation. So, as changing the allocation would have taken more work, I made a workaround so cBliss Tool changes the allocation of that code instead, and there's no conflict between them.

So, unless you've added the codes manually to your gct, there should be no issues related to these codes.

Narpas_sword

The codes generated by cBliss Tool should not conflict at all with anything on Project M, so no freezes should come because of them. However, if you're adding the 'cBliss' codes by yourself with the tool, there's the possibility there's some conflict, and thus freezing.

The memory allocation I used for my replacement for the cBliss code wasn't conflicting before PM 3.0, but once PM came out there was some code in the same memory allocation. So, as changing the allocation would have taken more work, I made a workaround so cBliss Tool changes the allocation of that code instead, and there's no conflict between them.

So, unless you've added the codes manually to your gct, there should be no issues related to these codes.
Cheers for the info.
I actually used a pre built pack and adjusted it to suit me, will see what happens if I remake another from scratch.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
In case anyone cares still, decided to go ahead and try it out (Im on a Mac, and wine wont really work for making my own codes for some reason >.>)

Added a Magic armor for Links one and only spot- and it worked. tried playing as charizards last spot (not filled), and it froze, but I expected it to since I didnt add a costume for that.

Will over time fill up and black spots, then let you know my results!

Thanks a bunch for filling in the CSPs and junk with templates, makes finding out if you forgot something less punishing ^-^

much love <3

gunter629

Smash Rookie
Use this thinger:

when i open cbliss tool i get an error message. it still openms but i cant add to gct

theTRUEchamp

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. I'm trying to get cBliss working myself and I've got a question. I'm trying to add a tenth costume for Link but I'm not sure what to name the CSP. The others follow the format MenSelchrFaceB.02#. Does that mean I would name the CSP MenSelchrFaceB.0210? Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom