• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hartford, CT Smash tournament discussion

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Actually, it's kind of funny that this thread was dragged back up, since we're in discussions to actually hold a tournament at my school sometime soon. But I wanted to avoid the mistake of last time and not post about it until all the details were concrete. So stay tuned, I guess.

And awsmsean, I will destroy you the next time we play. I guarantee that. It won't even be close.

Brookman

Smash Hero
then I guess our spam was good. Now this post about a potential tourny is on a new page.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Okay, a small update:

Apparently, the school is serious about allowing us to host a tournament. I'm still waiting on two pieces of information: 1. A date, and 2. Whether or not this will be open to the public, or only to Capital Community College students. I'm going to do my best to get it opened up for the public, so stay tuned. In the meantime, I've been tinkering around with some bracket software to prepare. The bad news is that in all my test brackets, my wife beats me in the finals :(

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
^^^ lol. well hopefully u get it open to the public. how many ppl play competative smash at the college?
Myself and JV Smooth are the best ones there, and the guy who ran the last tourney at Buckland goes there. We've brought a few people from the school to tournaments (Edwin and Matt aka Beware), and there are a few more people who are good enough to at least enter a tournament, although they probably wouldn't win many matches.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Bring Edwin to this.
He should be there, but he hasn't been playing much lately. Tell him that Lost Planet is for ****.

EDIT- If this goes down, would you guys be interested in doing school crews? UConn vs. Central vs. Capital or something like that.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Pfft, there are only two things at CCSU- Steers and Queers. Nobody can compete with the awesomeness of Capital. Apparently, I'm going to have to teach you guys that.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Update:
The tournament will be May 10th, and it is open to the public. The people who are sponsoring it said it will be free to enter, and that there will be a $100 prize for first place.

Okay, that's where we stand right now. Tomorrow, I'm going to talk to the sponsors of the tournament, and try to 1) Get it moved to May 12th (which is a Saturday; May 10th is a Thursday) and 2) get a $10 entry fee so that we can hold a tournament more in the vein of the ?ESTICLE tournaments. Right now, we're going to do a singles tournament and crew battles. In any case, expect a new thread announcing the finalized details sometime tommorrow.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Sounds cool Jam. Maybe I can finally play you even. I've been to like all the same tournys as you and we haven't played once lol.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah Spawn, I haven't played you or Nus ever. Nus, for certain it will either be the 10th, 11th or 12th. I'll have the final date tomorrow for sure.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Sorry for the delay guys. The person who's coordinating all of this has been MIA the last two days. I'll get you the final confirmed details ASAP, but you guys can pretty much bank on this:
1) Tournament will be May 12th, 2007 at Capital Community College.
2) There will be a singles tournament and crew battles if enough people are interested.
3) Registration fee will be $10.

All other pertinent details will be announced in the new thread.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Can you give the link in this thread please. Thanks Jam.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
sat may 12th? sounds good. i jus gotta make sure i have the ride, unless there is a train there *shrugs*

how many ppl per crew in the battles? the number of ppl in my crew kinda... increased... alot.. lol
I was planning on five people, but if we need more we can do more. Once I start the other thread, I'll ask people to post their crews, and we'll take it from there.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Update:
The tournament will be May 10th, and it is open to the public. The people who are sponsoring it said it will be free to enter, and that there will be a $100 prize for first place.
Despite my best efforts, these are the final details on the tournament being held here. To reiterate once again: (I will also be editing the title and first post)

The tournament will be held on May 10th from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM. There will also be Madden 2007 and NBA Live 07.

The tournament is free to enter, and there will be a $100 gift certificate for the winner.

Officially: The school is trying to keep the tournament small and local, and hopes to use this as a springboard into larger tournaments in the future.

Unofficially: If a few people from the smashboards community want to show up, go ahead. There won't be crews or teams, but since i'm handling the SSBM aspect of it, I'll try to run it as close to the ?ESTICLE style as possible. We'll probably get about 3-5 TVs. Sorry guys, in the future I'll do better.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Full details:

Where: Centinel Hall, 11th Floor
950 Main Street
Hartford, CT 06105

When: 11:00 AM- 4:00 PM

Entry fee: Singles- FREE

Prize: $100 Gift Certificate

Rules: MLG style, same as ?ESTICLE events

PLEASE POST IF YOU WILL BE ATTENDING

squaminator

Smash Ace
i wanna go too! no offense cort, but please don't enter if you go. I'd like to fight people and proove i've gotten better, and have a chance at the moneys.

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT <3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
LOL at stew, I hope I can prove myself too by making sure anyone better than me doesn't join the tournament. -_-

Is Cort/Brookman even going? I don't think they are, so my prediction will be jv/spawn/stew/aiser for top 4 in no particular order, though I'm guessing there will be only one gift certificate. I really hope I have a late shift so I can go...

CCC isn't big is it, I don't wanna have to walk too much to find Centinel Hall.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
LOL at stew, I hope I can prove myself too by making sure anyone better than me doesn't join the tournament. -_-

Is Cort/Brookman even going? I don't think they are, so my prediction will be jv/spawn/stew/aiser for top 4 in no particular order, though I'm guessing there will be only one gift certificate. I really hope I have a late shift so I can go...

CCC isn't big is it, I don't wanna have to walk too much to find Centinel Hall.
Just head up the elevator in the main lobby to the 11th floor. There's a hallway to the right, walk straight down it to the end. Centinel Hall is on the right. You can't miss it.

Top Bottom