• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hartford, CT Smash tournament discussion

trademark0013

Smash Champion
i'll be going. i just need to finalize my ride/train, but i'll be there. no crews? awww... o well.

i'm also bringing: joel, NOOB, Soulja, Kain, and one other person. SwiftBass will prolly be conming with us as well. So 7 total, including myself as of now

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT <3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
I was definitely planning to skip all my classes to come to this but one of them I have to turn a project I think on that date. Maybe not, another I need to go cause I have no idea what's on the final and that's the last day before finals week and lastly if I miss anymore from the third, I'd be losing quite a few points. Oh what to do... I wanted to play swiftbass cause I haven't ever before even though he'd probably own me. =(

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I was definitely planning to skip all my classes to come to this but one of them I have to turn a project I think on that date. Maybe not, another I need to go cause I have no idea what's on the final and that's the last day before finals week and lastly if I miss anymore from the third, I'd be losing quite a few points. Oh what to do... I wanted to play swiftbass cause I haven't ever before even though he'd probably own me. =(
If you can make it, it would be great. I need to play the Asian Awesomeness, and you definitely need to beat the crap out of Edwin.

EDIT: Trademark, if you bring your whole crew, then we'll do our best to get a crew battle going.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
And you, me :(

however, since i'm that desperate to play, if u jus wanna meet p and play randomly on Sat, that would be cool as well, since it was in my schedule to catch a train to hartford there.
I'm probably not doing anything on Saturday, so if you want to come to my house and play, that would be cool.

lol 2/3 of my classes say Thursday is off so we can study for finals the week after. If my last class is the same, I will be showing up. Hopefully. =(
Yeah, I just found out that I actually have class on that Thursday as well. Why the guy I'm working with this on would schedule a videogame tournament for students on a Thursday when class is in session is beyond me. But if you want to come, I wouldn't mind skipping the last day of class.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
NEW INFORMATION!!

The Madden and NBA Live tournaments will run from 11:00 AM-2:00 PM.

THE SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEE TOURNAMENT DOES NOT BEGIN UNTIL 2:00 PM! IT WILL RUN FROM 2:00 PM- 5:00 PM!

Also, the $100 gift certificate is a certificate to the Capital bookstore, and as such, IT CAN ONLY BE AWARDED TO A CAPITAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE STUDENT. Sorry guys.

So, if you will be attending despite all the BS, please post again. I need a final head count.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Thanks for the support guys. This won't be the last tournament at Capital, and I promise you that next time I'll get this thing done right.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Where can we park at CCC?
There's a parking garage directly behind the school, but I believe that costs about $5 if you're not a student. There are plenty of streets to park on near the school, but most of them have lots of parking meters, so watch out.

jvsmooth

Smash Cadet
I'd really like to go but it seems I'm stuck at work. Represent for me Jam.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I must reiterate this again to make sure that everyone understands it:

THE SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEE TOURNAMENT DOES NOT BEGIN UNTIL 2:00 PM! IT WILL RUN FROM 2:00 PM- 5:00 PM!

Also, the $100 gift certificate is a certificate to the Capital bookstore, and as such, IT CAN ONLY BE AWARDED TO A CAPITAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE STUDENT. Sorry guys.
What this means is that even if an outsider wins the tournament, the certificate will most likely go to the highest placing Capital student. If that happens to be me, I have no problem relinquishing the certificate to the true winner of the tournament, under the table of course.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
lol, do you expect a lot of people from ccc to show up? Also I don't remember but do you need tvs, cubes, games/etc?
Well, I told as many people as I could, so I'm hoping for a turnout between 20-30 people. We have five TV's and four confirmed cubes, so I think we'll be all set.

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT <3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
I'm not sure if there will be a results thread so I'll shout out here.

Everyone: I don't know any of your names but good stuff to everyone though most of you won't be reading this unless you decide to sign up on smashboards. I'll be sure to stop by gamestop at some point to play. It was also rather mean when I first came in and we did ffa... teaming up on me. -_- And me still winning some of them. ^_^ Some of you were surprisingly good though, good stuff.

Jam: Too good, dem ice gots teh trix now. Good matches, your wife is pretty good too, grats on the soon to be baby.

JV: Nice to show up right at the end lol, nice matches as always and I hope you play in tournament next time.

Eric Chewman: You did well, just play everyone in CT more and you'll get good soon.

Ray: Thanks for the ride, good stuff on 9th, learn how to beat those characters that counter samus and you're set.

Edwin: Since you live in weha, we should play more... that pikachu is a beast.

Surprisingly fun tournament, more setups next time to run faster and also the tvs in the auditorium had some lag (johns). >_> You're still going to school next year right jam? Cause if you didn't then that card is pretty useless. I was tempted to sell it to someone, but then I was like, I'll be nice. lol

Guy who was in charge? wants to set up school crew battles so this might actually happen. Blue Devils win this time though, GG.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Today was pretty fun, but the tournament would have been a lot better if we had at least one or two more setups running.

Nus, your falco is mad fast and I need to figure out some way to approach it, I need more experience against guys like you...I did better against KDJ's falco than yours lol. Good work dude.

Jam, nice climbers, I hate those pesky kids, good grab work, the two games we had were pretty close, I need a rematch. Thanks for hosting and just get more setups for next time and things should go a lot smoother.

Ray, pretty good samus, you seem smart, you just need more experience against other characters, try practicing against lvl 1 cpu's just to learn the weights of all the characters. I didn't even get to play you, but you very well might beat me cuz I'm not used to Samus and you're used to Marth. I'm sure we'll play sometime.

Everyone else, I don't know of any other smashboards users there, but good ****, I played a link that knew what he was doing, just stop using up-b so much and try to avoid getting grabbed so much. See ya next time

Top Bottom