• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardest char to play as?

DMoogle

A$
master was the wrong word, but I think you get what I'm saying.
I really don't. Like I said in my first post in this thread, if you're at a high level with one character, it isn't that difficult to get to a similar level with another.

Yoshi has the most unique character-specific traits.

Mahie

Smash Lord
I'd say Yoshi and Fox. I can only think of one person that can shield break with say, multishining as Fox, and of one person that can consistantly parry as Yoshi.

dandan

Smash Lord
I'd say Yoshi and Fox. I can only think of one person that can shield break with say, multishining as Fox, and of one person that can consistantly parry as Yoshi.
actually prince, sossi and sheer can parry. it seems boom can parry pretty consistently too, if i remember correctly (from the char battle he had with malva)

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
Sheer's yoshi is beast. He broke my shield once, had like 1 0-death combo, and several low % to death combos on me, and a good amount of parrying within just 3 quick games the last time I played him.

Is he the best yoshi user that comes on galaxy? Although I haven't played Prince before, I haven't really faced any yoshi that comes close to Sheer's.

Smash Lord
Sheer's yoshi is beast. He broke my shield once, had like 1 0-death combo, and several low % to death combos on me, and a good amount of parrying within just 3 quick games the last time I played him.

Is he the best yoshi user that comes on galaxy? Although I haven't played Prince before, I haven't really faced any yoshi that comes close to Sheer's.
I'd say so.

I think Yoshi is the hardest character to play. He's got so many options to choose from making for more decisions. The whole new set of tactics that come with DJC not only make him unique, but can significantly affect how you can play tactically. I don't think his comboing is easy to do either.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Luigi. I find it near impossible to approach with him, and he has very few combos outside of uair strings to upb/downb. And those only really work at mid/high percent.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I parry sometimes, just putting that out there. I'm pretty sure Frogles parries sometimes. ECartman is learning too. So no, Sheer isn't even close to being the only one (althought he probably does it the most consistently).

Battlecow

Play to Win
Link, then fox. I'm probably biased, because I've never made a serious effort to get mad skillz with either of them, but nevertheless, I'm especially impressed by link'ers who can take my high-tiers.

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
I parry sometimes, just putting that out there. I'm pretty sure Frogles parries sometimes. ECartman is learning too. So no, Sheer isn't even close to being the only one (althought he probably does it the most consistently).
wut??/

Nobody said Sheer is the only one who can parry. Mahie just stated that he only knows of one person who can consistently do it. I commented on Sheer's ability because he's the only one I've seen it do it consistently as well; not just "sometimes".

Battlecow: I'm also always impressed by good links. I've been playing a lot of link lately and it's fun, but it's a slow improvement. Link requires precise projectile timing and very good cancelling to play at a high level because he is not fast and has a weak recovery. Have you seen Gohan's link? There was a link to his videos in that recent Peru smashers thread. It was a lot of fun to watch.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
'very good cancelling'? You should always have perfect cancelling, no matter which character you use. Admittedly, you can't miss a cancel with Link, that D-Air is a pain (and probably the hardest move to cancel all of the time, due to the bounce factor occasionally being gay and hitting twice, throwing your timing off).

The projectiles Link throws are freaking enormous, you don't need precision, just lob it in their general direction and force a reaction. The projectile doesn't even have to hit, making them shield is enough to let you move in.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
imo, at a high level/competitive play i think its a tie between link and fox.

for link, u have to learn when and where and what move to do in every situation

for fox, u have to have some mad skillz in order to pull off shdl's and some of those crazy combos

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well, technically you are still playing smash. It's not like the game suddenly becomes something else when you use keyboard ;)

But agreed, keyboard sucks, and doesn't give you the full smash experience you would get when using the controller.

dandan

Smash Lord
Well, technically you are still playing smash. It's not like the game suddenly becomes something else when you use keyboard ;)

But agreed, keyboard sucks, and doesn't give you the full smash experience you would get when using the controller.
coughbrokenDIcough

though i am a keyboard player, i do agree that pads are better...

sharksquail

Smash Ace
The N64 controller is pretty strange. It's an odd shape and the sticks are uncomfortable, but you could just use a different controller ie gamecube xbox psx and I feel that would still be more like playing smash than if you use a keyboard.

Imainlowtier

Smash Cadet
The 64 controller created a unique experience for this title. DJC is more fluid than would be expected on a GC controller. It helps define this game and I really like the adapter I got, as well as having a console to play on.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
I personally have trouble playing as DK well, but thats just me. I think the hardest character to play at the absolute highest level is fox. We've yet to see his maximum ability in human hands.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
Yea I love playing as DK but it's pretty **** hard. I find him hard to be fast with, which he can be quite quick, and for one reason or another I find his d-air hard to cancle.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
i cant play to my full potential with anything but a 64 controller. thats why i do most of my combos on console. i have a xbox 360 controller for my comp but i can never play 100% with it for some reason.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
I have a Hori pad that I use for console, and I tried using a PS2 controller for online, but is sucked. So i just broke down and bought a new stick for my n64 controller for online play.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Don't be condescending, some people just don't bother with learning it.

Can you pull off no-jump U-Airs and no-fastfall D-Airs without buffering every time?

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Wanna play? Clearly, someone who uses keyboard and can't short-hop should be a cakewalk for you. What do you have to lose?
Time that I could spend playing people who I won't have 10 frames of delay with.
You're from canada, this means you drink powdered milk and lag.

Also, lrn2appreciate banter.

Can you pull off no-jump U-Airs and no-fastfall D-Airs without buffering every time?
I can do no fastfall dairs easily, no jump uairs are much harder for me unless I hold up and use a different button for jump, but I'm getting better at it. The hardest thing to do by far is a fastfalled uair.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Did I not say 'without buffering'?

Anyone can do buffered stuff. If you press it frame perfect (with 100% range on joystick), you don't have to buffer.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Did I not say 'without buffering'?

Anyone can do buffered stuff. If you press it frame perfect (with 100% range on joystick), you don't have to buffer.
You did, I just decided to annoy you.

Can we go back on topic? You scrubs need to stop derailing threads.
I stick by my decision of luigi being the hardest.

dandan

Smash Lord

those things are really easy to do.
the thing i found hard but finally managed to do consistently is ff uair without the second jump.
you can only do them if you are close enough for the ground and so you do not start the second jump, at least that is what works for me.

Top Bottom