• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Happy Dantarion Day!

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Sup bros!

Dantarion here, I'm kinda a big deal, and its my bday! I was born the day after mewtwo, isn't that great?

Anyways, I just wanted to come thank the Project M team for sticking with this for the past two years or however long its been. Ive had so much fun and learned so much from working on it, and made a lot of friends, and a little bit of internet fame in the process!

I just wanted to let everyone know something kinda cool that happened as an almost direct result of my involvement in Project M. I had been looking for a good job for the longest time, and I had all this Project M stuff on my portfolio. I had applied to Riot, Sony Santa Monica, and a local game studio in Santa Barbara.

No takers. Then I got a interview, and they asked me all about my involvement with Project M, how good its gotten, my role to the team and the community...and it was a major fator in their decision to hire me! They felt like it was a good example of not only coding work, but leadership and responsibility, and they were impressed at how many people are involved worldwide!

So I am now a full time programmer! And my parents told me dem video games would never get me anywhere!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That's fantastic to see your works behind Project M and other miscellaneous projects (a number of substantially useful codes) really helped you get a job. You entirely deserved it for what you gave to the community.

And happy birthday!

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Wow, that's awesome. It's good to hear a success story about game programming! Hope your birthday goes well too.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Let us know when you have a finished game - a lot of videogames are lame these days (too easy, too linear, not based in skill/good mecahnics). If you haven't heard of the Extra Credits series, it's an excellent youtube series all about game design. Really interesting stuff whether you work on games or not.

Rat

Smash Lord
So I am now a full time programmer! And my parents told me dem video games would never get me anywhere!
Congratulations!

Quoted that last part for truth and justice.

If you don't mind sharing this on the internets, where are you working?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I am really, really glad to hear this man. I'm glad to hear you're doing well and enjoying your life!

Here's to your birthday and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

Vashimus

Smash Master
Wait, so if your birthday is today, and it's one day after Mewtwo's, and my birthday was yesterday...then... :O

I feel awesome now. :D

:phone:

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
Happy birthday! I commend you for taking your passion for video games and turning it into a bigger part of your life, I'm in the process myself and have a tonne of respect for what you've done with PM. Good show!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Anyways, I just wanted to come thank the Project M team for sticking with this for the past two years or however long its been. Ive had so much fun and learned so much from working on it, and made a lot of friends, and a little bit of internet fame in the process!
No need to thank me. It was nothing, really.

Seriously, though, I'm glad things worked out so well for you. Glad to hear the project was really helpful.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Hey Dant, since you'll probs be too busy with your new job to take on many big projects for hacking smash anymore, you should leave us with something particularly amazing, like oh i don't know, this is just a suggestion, but like a clone engine :) Everybody and their sister wants MewTwo and Roy to make a return, even if they don't know it. Even the non-P:M players will have a ball including a bazillion extra ****ty character PSAs somebody threw together and put on KCMM, there won't be ANYBODY who won't love you then.
assuming you haven't already done something super amazing that you're leaving with us that won't be revealed until the big Project:M teasers for demo 3

Top Bottom