• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hands on info about Brawl.

Smash Ace
This is the 6th thread like this I've found... IN THE ALST 10 MINUTESS!!!!!!11111oneoneone

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I didn't even bother reading this thread other then the title. Locked thread of fail, you can have this.
Lmao, yay for post count +1. w00ts all around.

Littleonetwo

Smash Cadet
this post is dumb, who in the right mind would leak such info then basically reveal where they work, and how they got the info.

you know its not like these big websites have a ton of people working for them, only some of them receive said materials.

so by saying where you work, guess how long it would take for someone to figure out who you are... not very long, and then you can say so long to your career.

they are prolly like 4 people (at the most) who receive nintendo preview materials in that whole site, and im sure their boss would take note of who receives what.

if he is telling the truth good riddance because youll never have another job with access to things associated with NDA's.

iMichael

Smash Lord
This is very hard to believe but its funny when people come on here and try to act like they work for a major company and stuff lol

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I work a nonimportant desk job at a rather large gaming website. (it rhymes with my name.. try to figure it out.) It's a fine enough job, and sometimes I get to play neat games before they even come out, which is what happened recently. I only got to play four or five stock matches though, so I don't have real super in-depth info, sorry.
What site rhymes with liar?

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Fox's reflecter comes out faster? Really? Faster than 1 frame? Wow, then it must come out in like... zero frames?

Omg your so cool for being an exsisting member and making a fake account, really you are. The knowledge you have of 4chan is incredible too. Really though. You're my new god, and I'll drink my piss for the next year in honor of your greatness

****ing loser.

The Bino

Smash Lord
the only thing that seems farfecthed is the whole edge thing. We'll just have to wait and see lol
Yet you didn't find the part where he said that Fox's Shine comes out faster now, when we all know that he is going to have to press the button on the device..... doesn't seem plausible that it would come out faster, i think 1 frame is fast enough, unless they make it a fraction of a frame doesn't seem plausible

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Let's stop discussing this before potential attention-seekers become inclined to post their own threads. Aaaanyway possible speculation as to the probability of OP's info actually having been put in the game by Sakurai, or the probability that the game can be played outside a hyped venue or show, I'm just gonna go and dismiss the info as useless - not because you overplayed it or because I think you are a 4channer, but simply because I don't want to get my hopes up and get played.

Of course, if any of the predicted ATs actually shows up as an AT before the release I'll be happy, since this would mean your prediction of a huge roster is more likely to be true.

Littleonetwo

Smash Cadet
the only way this guy is telling the truth is if he is a complete moron because he posted where he works and therefore is now susceptable to being found out, not to mention he hasnt posted anything since the topic was created. Hes a fake no doubt about it, his story is flimsy at best and frankly, some one put it best when they said...

your ******** if you believe this guy

anonymous_joe

Smash Apprentice
I like how no one noticed where he said that he had no new characters to tell us and then in the very next paragraph goes on to say that there are 45 characters in the game

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I like how no one noticed where he said that he had no new characters to tell us and then in the very next paragraph goes on to say that there are 45 characters in the game
I like how you didn't notice that when you're on the character select screen, before you unlock characters, you can see question marks where hidden characters would appear.

He said he didn't see any new characters, but he still could've seen the character select screen and estimated how many question marks and such there were.

That doesn't mean he's telling the truth, but you didn't find a hole in his story. Sorry.

waffu

Smash Cadet
Why are people getting so angry at something they could just ignore? Also, the fox shine thing isn't a hole if he only believes it is faster, it might be the same but feel quicker. Who says Fox can't pull it out instantly when he can also move so fast you can't see him for a second?

D

Deleted member

Is this guy the same one as BrawlMessenger? Could we IP him to find out?

Just asking, since I've seen two others (one on gamefaqs who predicted Lucas, and one here who said he was Sakurai) spout nonsense too.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
"The biggest (and dumbest, in my opinion) thing I noticed, was, when a character is hanging on the edge of the stage, they are now invurnerable. Attacks just go through them."

This is where I don't beleive you, that is just bull.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
"The biggest (and dumbest, in my opinion) thing I noticed, was, when a character is hanging on the edge of the stage, they are now invurnerable. Attacks just go through them."

This is where I don't beleive you, that is just bull.
Actually, this happens in melee too. When you hang to the edge, you have a few invulnerability frames. Edgehogging pretty much depends on this to be at all possible. In the far-off chance this is true, all it would mean is that there are some more invulnerability frames this time - that's to say, lasts longer.

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
They made fox's shine faster? It came out in only one frame to begin with! What, now it starts at half a frame? And you noticed this just by playing a demo?

GTFO.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Judging by the "post count", sorry but I won't believe =/ I'm sensitive about post counts muahaha!!
That really doesn't mean a thing just because you spend the majority of your life on this forum doesn't make you any better then someone who just started playing

On a side note, the fading of the reflector for fox is good, but the thing is most advance fox players don't seem to hold the reflector that long which makes that tweak kind of useless

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Yeah. Right.

What is up with this? This is like the 20th person claiming to have inside info in less than 2 weeks.

iankobe

Smash Lord
Right now we can't really judge if its true or not since the actual is not out yet. Maybe he IS right, or maybe he is ridiculously wrong. We don't know. I'll just take it as a little...gossip about the game..??!

Njs523

Smash Cadet
I dont get why everyone is so mad about this. Worst case scenario: he is lying and OMG three assist trophies are not really in the game. As far as lying goes, he picked a pretty minor thing to lie about, and I dont really get what he would have to gain by getting anyone to believe in something so small. If they arent in the game, I wont care at all, so he didnt get my hopes up - if they are, I guess he was telling the truth.

Plus, I dont know why people are all "HOLY CARP!!11 FOX HAZ 1 FRAME REFLECTOR!!1 GTFO LIAR!1"
If he doesnt know that fox's shine is one frame, he could just be ignorant and it seemed faster to him. It's not proof he's lying, just proof he might not have ever played smash enough to count frames. :ohwell:

I'm not saying he's telling the truth, but as far as lies go, this one would be pretty pointless, and its nothing to get worked up over.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I dont get why everyone is so mad about this. Worst case scenario: he is lying and OMG three assist trophies are not really in the game. As far as lying goes, he picked a pretty minor thing to lie about, and I dont really get what he would have to gain by getting anyone to believe in something so small. If they arent in the game, I wont care at all, so he didnt get my hopes up - if they are, I guess he was telling the truth.

Plus, I dont know why people are all "HOLY CARP!!11 FOX HAZ 1 FRAME REFLECTOR!!1 GTFO LIAR!1"
If he doesnt know that fox's shine is one frame, he could just be ignorant and it seemed faster to him. It's not proof he's lying, just proof he might not have ever played smash enough to count frames. :ohwell:

I'm not saying he's telling the truth, but as far as lies go, this one would be pretty pointless, and its nothing to get worked up over.
It is when these things keep popping up all over the place.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
There really ought to be a rule that requires people to post some indication of proof of their findings. There really has been a recent surge of "look at what I found" threads, and I fear it will only become worse as Brawl draws closer. How is it so many people have "friends who work at Nintendo" or "obtain preview copies of Brawl"? The saddest part is that the people who attempt to pull this off are really bad at lying. Their words either contradict themselves or offer no new information ("ZOMG I played Brawl!!!11!! but I learned nothing new. Sorry guys.")

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai is sending out all these people to report facts and spread rumors! This creates pandemonium and excitement! Sakurai is an evil genius with mad ideas for gaming.

But on a serious note, this post seems like a reasonable amount of info. Hey, if he's telling the truth, awesome! If he's lying, okay...whatever, it isn't gonna change the due date, and someone doesn't have to get so worked up.

Isn't a forum rule something along the lines of: "If you don't have something positive to contribute to the thread, don't post there."

Mods will lock inappropriate threads and if there is asurge of these they will lock the ridiculous ones. But hey, I have nothing to say about someone piquing my interest in this game with fantasties that are just cool to IMAGINE.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Sakurai is sending out all these people to report facts and spread rumors! This creates pandemonium and excitement! Sakurai is an evil genius with mad ideas for gaming.

But on a serious note, this post seems like a reasonable amount of info. Hey, if he's telling the truth, awesome! If he's lying, okay...whatever, it isn't gonna change the due date, and someone doesn't have to get so worked up.

Isn't a forum rule something along the lines of: "If you don't have something positive to contribute to the thread, don't post there."

Mods will lock inappropriate threads and if there is asurge of these they will lock the ridiculous ones. But hey, I have nothing to say about someone piquing my interest in this game with fantasties that are just cool to IMAGINE.
He is lying. Some people on these forums are just gullible and lack common sense. That's why.

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
but if you don't post on the thread, then it will die down. Also, if the start spamming in the topic, then mods can lock it. If you don't have anything positive, just don't post. If he's lying okay, he gets superficial props from his friends. It doens't affect anyone else. Its cool to imagine what some of these threads say. But thats my opinion. some people won't even consider it because of my post count.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
but if you don't post on the thread, then it will die down. Also, if the start spamming in the topic, then mods can lock it. If you don't have anything positive, just don't post. If he's lying okay, he gets superficial props from his friends. It doens't affect anyone else. Its cool to imagine what some of these threads say. But thats my opinion. some people won't even consider it because of my post count.
Making a thread on an imagined lie that you tell is true is stupid. I'm done on this thread. Moderator, you can close it now.

Top Bottom