• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halp

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptyrX

Smash Cadet
I need some help with spiking. I jump off, and I can hit the opponent down 80% of the time, unless the opponent has a really fast up b recovery and anticipates me, but I almost never get back onto the stage. I save 1 jump, but it happens so long after the spike is over... Is there a better way? :confused:

tekkie

Smash Master
Start the spike while you're moving upwards. Jump off, immediately spike, you can land back on the stage. Jump off, jump immediately and spike, and maybe you can recover. It's really sketchy.

mith132

Smash Apprentice
Start the spike while you're moving upwards. Jump off, immediately spike, you can land back on the stage. Jump off, jump immediately and spike, and maybe you can recover. It's really sketchy.
Yes do this. Also focus on spiking a lot higher up and closer to the stage. If you start the spike a little bit lower than the edge your gonna have a tough time getting back up due to the ending lag.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
You can try stage spiking with b-air, or hit them into a position where recovering is impossible. You don't have to spike for an off-stage kill.

But if you want to continue spiking, go with the others' advice.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Well, spiking with Wolf isn't a terribly good edge-guarding option... But hey, flashy kills make for a better match. :bee:

I'll play my role as the doofus of the Wolf boards and say that the Wolf Flash is a decent suicide KO move.

:059:

BurningBlaze

Smash Rookie
Consider meteor smashing them with dair, then use Wolf Flash to warp back to the stage. That move takes control, so you don't mess it up. I've landed quite a few spikes doing this, so make sure to try it. Using your second jump usually lines you up wrong with the edge too.

tekkie

Smash Master
Well, spiking with Wolf isn't a terribly good edge-guarding option... But hey, flashy kills make for a better match. :bee:

I'll play my role as the doofus of the Wolf boards and say that the Wolf Flash is a decent suicide KO move.

:059:
It's a neat not-suicide KO move too, if you're above the stage enough and they're coming after you. It's hard to see coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom