• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo or smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameyHarp

Smash Rookie
I'm not here to start a flame war and try to ask which game is better etc. I'm in kind of a situation where I have to choose one game or the other (to play competitively) and here it is. I live in a small town in Upper Michigan and nobody except a single one of my friends has brawl. When we can get together and play we usually go at it for hours on end and I love it. The time we can do this though is maybe twice a week. I know what it takes to play competitively in a game and that won't cut it. The only other option I have to play is against cpu's or online (lmao). As much as I really would love to play this game I just don't know how I would be able to given my situation.

On the other hand I have 2 younger brothers both with 360's and one of has already been to some halo tourneys out of state and won most of them and is starting a team for mlg. So, with no bias toward either game, what is your opinion?

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Just one thing, you're on a Smash Bros website asking if you should play Smash Bros or Halo, it's going to be bias.

But...I'd just say to do whatever you find:

A.) More enjoyable

and

B.) More convinient for you.

Oh, and which ever one has more tournaments closer to you could also be a deciding factor, good luck choosing though : )

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Halo, play Halo,one time, I was in a similar position to yours, i had to choose between playing soul calibur or halo competitively, i selected soul calibur, but noone who lived near me played it,at first i thought ' oh well, its not a big deal, right?' i was wrong, i couldnt enter many tournaments and when i entered one i got defeated very easily because i lacked practice against human players.

IMEO, buy halo.

Kros

Smash Apprentice
Halo for teh shootin'
Brawl for teh brawlin'

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I don't really have bias, but...

How old are you? Got a job? A license? The will to do anything you could ever want to do? If not, I'd quit both. Unless you have friends willing to drive you all over the country to go to tournaments in a SERIOUS competitive sense or can do so yourself, don't try and do it competitively.

In fact, are you serious about being competitive?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Smash.
But come on why make this thread?

Stroupes

Smash Lord
I could maybe understand the Light House, but here in General Brawl Discussion?
Come on now.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
*sigh* I'll leave this thread open. For now.

Want my advice? Smash by far. Michigan has no competitive gaming scene whatsoever... other than Smash. And oddly enough, Michigan's smash scene is ridiculously awesome, active, and competitive. Although, you're in the UP (I assume thats what you meant by "upper Michigan"), so I dunno whats up there. UP'ers are so strange.

Oh, but if you're lazy as hell and don't want to actually be active when you join the competitive scene, then rely on Halo. You can play Halo online competitively, but you can't play Smash online competitive. Well, you technically can, but its a stretch.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I know Panda may put in his two cents, which are exceedingly valid, legitimate, and true.

But I just can't see this thread amounting to anything seriously aside from "play both/this is a smash site/do what you want."

:026:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom