• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Party Mafia ~ Over! Who drowned bobbing for apples? Who won Best Costume?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Did I mention how mind-numbingly boring it is to read through old stuff that I wasn't here for? Again, if there's anything I should care about, please point it out to me.

Vote: asianaussie

Absolutely scum.
Town.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Why? Did he actually exist at some point in this g-
well I could iso but that takes effort.

unvote
Vote: EBR

Absolutely scum.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Standing tall at the forefront of his ship, Swiss gazed across the seas. Captaining this vessel took effort, a sheer struggle. His payload was retribution, his cargo justice. A crew was required, the Argonauts. Flanking him was his man at arms, the great Asdioh. Swiss looked deep into his eyes, relinquishing much hidden emotion, a glimpse of his tortured soul

"I cannot do this without you, too numerous are the fools, too great the dangers. I cannot promise you will live through this, I cannot promise you shall ever see land again. Yet your children, and your children's children shall walk safe."

Turning as if to war to Gods themselves, Swiss knew he would meet his watery grave. But would Asdioh remain loyal to righteous retribution? Would this holy task be left in the depths?

"You may kill the crew, but you cannot stop a ghost ship!"

Startling awake the figure sat up in his chair. Was this his memory? What happened to the brave captain? Becoming lost in the fog of sorrow, the figure soon forgot of his dream...but still, a spark remained.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Standing tall at the forefront of his ship, Swiss gazed across the seas. Captaining this vessel took effort, a sheer struggle. His payload was retribution, his cargo justice. A crew was required, the Argonauts. Flanking him was his man at arms, the great Asdioh. Swiss looked deep into his eyes, relinquishing much hidden emotion, a glimpse of his tortured soul

"I cannot do this without you, too numerous are the fools, too great the dangers. I cannot promise you will live through this, I cannot promise you shall ever see land again. Yet your children, and your children's children shall walk safe."

Turning as if to war to Gods themselves, Swiss knew he would meet his watery grave. But would Asdioh remain loyal to righteous retribution? Would this holy task be left in the depths?

"You may kill the crew, but you cannot stop a ghost ship!"

Startling awake the figure sat up in his chair. Was this his memory? What happened to the brave captain? Becoming lost in the fog of sorrow, the figure soon forgot of his dream...but still, a spark remained.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
My scumpicks are Ranmaru, Swiss and Red Ryu.

:059:
Reasons for all of them?

@Asdioh. What did you think of J forming an alliance with people? Who do you think is scum, as per currently? What do you think of the back and forth between J and Swiss? Do you think it is T v T, T v S, or S v S? What do you think of X1's case on me and J? What do you think of there being a NL and what do you think of the people that stopped a lynch from happening?

@X1. Who are your scum picks for the moment?

@Swiss. I know you want EBR gone, and Asdioh too apparently, but who else do you think is scum?

@July. What do you think of the people, like J, that said they would be back for an EBR lynch if no other was possible and never came back?
Let's take a step back, are most of the questions to Asdioh gonna lead to scum hunting?

Swiss - Town
JO_OEY X1-12 - Very likely town
Gova - Inactive but leaned town from posts
Acrostic - ?
Raziek Gheb_01 - Townie? Would lynch if needed. Feel better about him now indie is dead.
Red Ryu - Town
July - Town
Erupting Burning RYKERRR!!! - Scum
Soupamario Vult Redux - ?
Ranmaru - Town
J - Town
asianaussie - Town
Shadow Moth - Town (though may lynch if needed)
SangfroidWarrior - Town but so, so dumb.
traveling cat - Inactive but leaned town from posts
Swiss help me out here, EBR is the main scum pick of yours, of the rest would I assume Gheb, Vult, and Acrostic would be your lynchs your would be the most happy about outside of EBR?

Oh hey an earlygame votecount.Do/did people actually think Ran was scum? This wagon smells to me. Ran was actually one of the towniest looking players early on to me. His list of questions to get things started is part of what convinced me.

I know nothing about acrostic
EBR's vote: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13187964&postcount=67 (lolbus)
Joey's vote was here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13199603&postcount=133 (loljustification)
Circus and DH were town
Red Ruy voted here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13203369&postcount=168 (Red Ruy is town right?)
I has reasons.

Mostly with what Ran asked as questions made me look at him.

~

Vote: EBR!

Making sure it happens today.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
RR, is Swiss town that's being wise in realizing that I'm town, or scum that's trying to use me as a pawn?
You sound really confident in EBR's scumflip, why is that? I'll try to catch up gradually, but for now I'll just try to stay current and get in the groove, so I don't know exactly why we're voting EBR.

@Asdioh. What did you think of J forming an alliance with people?
It probably doesn't matter, since I already know he has no affiliation with anyone, but who did he form alliances with?
What do you think of the back and forth between J and Swiss? Do you think it is T v T, T v S, or S v S?
I guess I'll look into that, but for now, based on
See, I knew it was just J playing poorly.
I'll assume that Swiss thought J was scummy, which is understandable because I think that all the time.

And why would anyone call an argument that involved their slot SvS? :p
I'll call it TvT mostly based on what has happened toDay.

What do you think of X1's case on me and J? What do you think of there being a NL and what do you think of the people that stopped a lynch from happening?
I'll look into these, especially the No Lynch, since that's pretty significant.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
RR, is Swiss town that's being wise in realizing that I'm town, or scum that's trying to use me as a pawn?
You sound really confident in EBR's scumflip, why is that? I'll try to catch up gradually, but for now I'll just try to stay current and get in the groove, so I don't know exactly why we're voting EBR.
Swiss is town for me, though I want clarification on his directions other than EBR.

EBR is scum because of his cop comments, "Cop me, wait no please don't." His push on Soup which was nothing but meta, and his activity though that would be referring to other games as well so I'll keep hush hush about that point.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
@Sang and everyone: should I even care what J has done? Unless he put himself in a ****ty spot and then replaced out (I hope that's not the case) I'm just going to ignore everything he said and do my own thing.
Fair enough. I still want you to answer my last few questions. For reference:

What do you think of X1's case on me and J? What do you think of there being a NL and what do you think of the people that stopped a lynch from happening?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb the Acrostic wagon was picked at random, was done with about 24 hours remaining and needed 9 votes, whereas EBR needed 3 more? Its pretty clear. I don't see how you are pointing at these people saying they're stopping us from getting anything done when instead of voting to avoid NL you voted for someone else putting them at L-8. Also please explain which of my pushes you find to be counter-productive.
Acrostic was not chosen at random. He was the main offender in regards to inactivity and has gained the least attention as well for some reason. 9 votes in 24 hours would've been EASILY possible had people not been so damn stubborn [and sheepish] on lynching EBR. And if anything it were the non-voters that you kind of defend that made it impossible to get that lynch through. I have no obligation to follow the wagon if I'm sure my vote is better used somewhere else. But you can't expect anybody to believe you that you're OK with 4 people not voting at all...

I am also fine with leaving Acrostic, Gova etc around for the moment because I have plenty of scumreads outside of the lurking group and thus am wanting to get rid of those first.
But I can't trust your reads so I'll continue to do my thing anyway.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think this is a good choice.

Though I wouldn't say that I'm against an EBR lynch. I can't find where exactly he posted it, but I remember him mentioning at the end of D2 that he was finally going to give up a Vult vote because it seemed to not be selling. I thought in response that that's ridiculous because it was clear the Vult wagon was not happening within 3 pages after he tried starting it.
Ryker tends to do ridiculous stuff a lot in these games no matter which side he's on. Not a lot of what he's doing makes a lot of sense but that's how it is. Pretty sure it *was* Ryker too because Kuz was V/LA for a while. I doubt that's a scumtell.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why are people asking me redunant stuff like why I think Ran is scum? I already pointed out that he was fishing for pro-town credit in early game for his own benefit.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss help me out here, EBR is the main scum pick of yours, of the rest would I assume Gheb, Vult, and Acrostic would be your lynchs your would be the most happy about outside of EBR?
EBR of course. Upon his scum flip I want Vult looked into more (bus ftw). Though I wasn't joking when I said Soup claimed town outside of thread to me. If town we are lynching X1 (o hai auto scum).

Gheb I would consider lynching because he seems to be playing too safe (regardless of calling me scum) and I dislike his 'new' reads which don't line up with anyone else's - its how Gheb likes to play to look smart.

Acrostic is meh, I forget who/what/why/when he is. Backup lynch. Same goes for all the inactives + Smoth (who has been butthurt this entire game over me pressuring his ***). Gova is the only inactive I'll let slide, Tcat to a lesser degree. So basically I'm not on the inactives atm and don't care about them. They don;t get active - they're scum and we'll auto lynch them. If scum they lose, if town they lsoe us the game.

Oh, did you hear that guys?

After I have lynched who I want from the active pool, and that currently consists of not very many players. We will be randomly lynching inactive players.

If you are scum you will die, if you are town you will cost us a day and will have this on your permanent record.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb I would consider lynching because he seems to be playing too safe (regardless of calling me scum) and I dislike his 'new' reads which don't line up with anyone else's - its how Gheb likes to play to look smart.
Where did you pull that garbage out of? "Playing too safe" but also "reads don't line up with anyone else's to look smart"?!? Try harder to cobble conflicting statements together to make them look like a reason to lynch somebody.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Votecount 3-1

8/15 to lynch.

EBR! [3]: Swiss, Asdioh, Red Ryu
Swiss [1]: Shadow Moth
Ranmaru [1]: Gheb
Asdioh [1]: X1-12

Not voting: Gova, Acrostic, July, EBR!, Vult Redux, Ranmaru, asianaussie, SangfroidWarrior, traveling cat

------------------------------------------------------------

[collapse=Vote Log] Swiss > EBR! > Asdioh > EBR!
X1-12 > Asdioh
Gova
Acrostic
Gheb > Swiss > Ranmaru
Red Ryu > EBR!
July
EBR!
Vult Redux
Ranmaru
Asdioh > asianaussie > EBR!
asianaussie
Shadow Moth > Swiss
SangfroidWarrior
traveling cat
[/collapse]

X1-12

Smash Champion
Do you trust your own reads? Specifically on RR/Ran/Swiss

9 votes in 24 hours would've been EASILY possible had people not been so damn stubborn [and sheepish] on lynching EBR. And if anything it were the non-voters that you kind of defend that made it impossible to get that lynch through
Why are you so determined to to accept any responsibility for the NL? You blame almost everyone except yourself in the above quote - those voting for EBR someone stopped a lynch going through? Explain

You show in your reasoning for voting Acrostic that you are aware of the terrible activity of some players, and should have read up that some players were V/LA due to a hurricane, yet you still believe that 9 votes should be easily achievable in 24 hours? How did you come to this conclusion? Particularly when you expected 9 votes without anything approaching a case or any reasoning as to why an inactive lynch was better than lynching EBR who was already around L-3

Also Gheb, you mentioned that you feel I had made counter-productive pushes, which pushes are these? Other than pushing EBR over Acrostic

Also seriously will you stop with the underhand attacks/responses. You called my first post a fail before even repsonding to it, you tell TCat my points against you are BS when TCat just asks for reasons, not your tainted opinion on them. If your defence against my points is sufficieintly legit, why do you need to write "oh my gosh these points are so bleck, this is completely outrageous and sooooo scummy from X1"
This.

Thisthisthisthsithis.

J you are playing sly and underhand, in every post you attempt to manipulate and taint others' opinions.
@Swiss: Please detail how you feel being sly and underhand could be attributed to playing poorly

@Asdioh: When you read through please check J's and my posts and if you see anything J has asked me or accused me of which I have failed to respond to please quote it

I also feel the need to say that despite the fact I have a mild town-read on Swiss regardless, should either he or Asdioh flip scum I really do not the other should gain any town credit. Swiss did in many places agree with my attacks on J but with nothing more than words, no pressure or votes materialised. I'm sure Swiss can now quote this and call me a ****** but tbh if he's town he can just ignore this paragraph at no cost.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Damn, I wanted to form a counter-alliance to J's circle of ******* toDay with Sworddancer in it 0_o

Having read through stuff again I strongly approve of Shadow Moth's reckless tunneling on Swiss and wish people would start following suit.
Vote Swiss

X1, I don't see why you'd argue against the Acrostic lynch yesterDay - how can you call that a "random inactive" lynch? That's a contradiction because lynching somebody that inactive is never quite random. What are you planning to do with him anyway? Keep him around until it's way too late for us to rid us of his deadweight? With people like Gova, TCat and Ranmaru around it's hard enough to get anything done. I'd love being able to trust you but your counter-productive pushes are kind of getting in the way.

Actually, I think competitive wagons are fine. Also I don't really see why people should be getting on Swiss.

What did you think of Joey?

Give me something to work with.

@Gheb: Why do you think Ran is scum? From what I have read, it looked like townRan to me.

@Sang and everyone: should I even care what J has done? Unless he put himself in a ****ty spot and then replaced out (I hope that's not the case) I'm just going to ignore everything he said and do my own thing.
Yes. You should care what he has done. Might help you find scum.

Oh hey an earlygame votecount.Do/did people actually think Ran was scum? This wagon smells to me. Ran was actually one of the towniest looking players early on to me. His list of questions to get things started is part of what convinced me.

I know nothing about acrostic
EBR's vote: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13187964&postcount=67 (lolbus)
Joey's vote was here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13199603&postcount=133 (loljustification)
Circus and DH were town
Red Ruy voted here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13203369&postcount=168 (Red Ruy is town right?)
Hey Asdiho. What did you think of the DH wagon?

Acrostic was not chosen at random. He was the main offender in regards to inactivity and has gained the least attention as well for some reason. 9 votes in 24 hours would've been EASILY possible had people not been so damn stubborn [and sheepish] on lynching EBR. And if anything it were the non-voters that you kind of defend that made it impossible to get that lynch through. I have no obligation to follow the wagon if I'm sure my vote is better used somewhere else. But you can't expect anybody to believe you that you're OK with 4 people not voting at all...

Like X1 said, I was v/la because of hurricane. I would have put my vote on EBR. I even expressed interest of getting on EBR after reading July's case.

Question for you. Just one. You say you would keep J around because he could be useful, but what now about Asdioh?

EBR of course. Upon his scum flip I want Vult looked into more (bus ftw). Though I wasn't joking when I said Soup claimed town outside of thread to me. If town we are lynching X1 (o hai auto scum).

Acrostic is meh, I forget who/what/why/when he is. Backup lynch. Same goes for all the inactives + Smoth (who has been butthurt this entire game over me pressuring his ***). Gova is the only inactive I'll let slide, Tcat to a lesser degree. So basically I'm not on the inactives atm and don't care about them. They don;t get active - they're scum and we'll auto lynch them. If scum they lose, if town they lsoe us the game.

Oh, did you hear that guys?

After I have lynched who I want from the active pool, and that currently consists of not very many players. We will be randomly lynching inactive players.

If you are scum you will die, if you are town you will cost us a day and will have this on your permanent record.
I have a null on Gheb. I have a town read on you. So I do think he should try harder and look at others. His point on me is weak.

Also Asdioh what's it feel like being scum?

Vote: Asdioh
Now that you mention it, can you tell me your thoughts on his recent play?

You say she's honest? She seemed pretty honest and level headed when I was scum with her in D.gray... in fact, she attacked her scummates mercilessly if it was required of her.
Hey Asdioh. Do you think her case on EBR is scum v town?

oh **** I'm not voting swiss yet.

Vote: Swiss
Is that it? This just seems like you are just trying to continue your push on Swiss even though there isn't much in it. Please expand.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Do you trust your own reads? Specifically on RR/Ran/Swiss
Yes, Ran in particular.

Why are you so determined to to accept any responsibility for the NL? You blame almost everyone except yourself in the above quote - those voting for EBR someone stopped a lynch going through? Explain
Nobody who's been voting at the end of a Day phase has responsibility over the mislynch - the non-voters do.

I'm not accepting the argument that the Acrostic lynch "couldn't" have happened because of the vote spread though. Does that mean that I actively blame them for the mislynch? No, it only means that they need a better explanation on why the Acrostic lynch was out of the question for them because I sure as hell don't buy the "there was no time"-argument.

Also Gheb, you mentioned that you feel I had made counter-productive pushes, which pushes are these? Other than pushing EBR over Acrostic
You've been pushing the idea that the inactives in this game should be left alone at this point. That's certainly counter-productive to what's in town's best interest.

Smoth will you do anything other than sparsely comment on other plays? I'm curious because, as I understand mafia, the goal is to be useful.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What did you think of Joey?
That's none of your business.

Question for you. Just one. You say you would keep J around because he could be useful, but what now about Asdioh?
I only mentioned that once. Idc about that playerslot atm - the points I read against him are pretty weak and don't convince me to change my reads. Did you earnestly expect me to change my read on them just because of the replacement which not only happened only one Day ago but also left Asdioh time to only make 3-4 posts? Filler question imo.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That was a pretty scummy post by Ran btw. I don't see how so many people can vouch for him being town with posts like that.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Reads:

Scum:

Ebr, Asdioh

Leaning scum:

X1, Sang

Vote: Asdioh

I liked X1's push, but Asdioh brought up the point about Joey's play. I didn't like it. So if Asdioh flips scum, I would be able to see X1 hard bussing J/Asdioh. Didn't like X1 saying this

I also feel the need to say that despite the fact I have a mild town-read on Swiss regardless, should either he or Asdioh flip scum I really do not the other should gain any town credit. Swiss did in many places agree with my attacks on J but with nothing more than words, no pressure or votes materialised. I'm sure Swiss can now quote this and call me a ****** but tbh if he's town he can just ignore this paragraph at no cost.
Could be X1 trying to set up Swiss upon an Asdioh flip, even though he has a mild town read on him.

July is town to me. Sang is leaning scum, but the way she plays may be her playstyle.

Asdioh is scum because he is trying to use "July is always scum" to justify his stance on her. His actions here seem more malicious than in others where he's just pretty brownie townie.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That's none of your business.

I only mentioned that once. Idc about that playerslot atm - the points I read against him are pretty weak and don't convince me to change my reads. Did you earnestly expect me to change my read on them just because of the replacement which not only happened only one Day ago but also left Asdioh time to only make 3-4 posts? Filler question imo.

So? I don't remember seeing a actual read on them from you, just that you would keep him around for usefulness. This was why I asked. It was not a filler question, because I think Asdioh is scum. I don't remember when it happened, I just caught up.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Ran, do me a favour and vote EBR not Asdioh. Do yourself a favour and vote EBR.

You can use one of your scumpicks to kill the other. Turning scum against themselves. True play.

Top Bottom