• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Party Mafia ~ Over! Who drowned bobbing for apples? Who won Best Costume?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
@Sang: If EBR flipped town, I would still look into you, Gova, and aa. If he flips scum I definitely want to look into Shadow Moth, as well as you, Gova, and aa, as well as anyone who could have gotten on the EBR wagon these past couple Days and refrained if we end up with a NL.
And, if he flips scum, you're saying you want to look into Moth because he's not voting for EBR? There are plenty of people that haven't been here to vote at all. I'm not saying that him looking for a NL is good, but not voting for somebody you have a strong town read on (if that's what it is) is not altogether bad. I have been here and have been fairly active (not as much as I want to, of course), but I have chosen, instead, not to. There is a difference (this in reference to your previous post). I would like to see your reasons for Gova, unless you have already stated them. Me as well. I remember an aa post by you but not a Gova one.

July said:
What I will gain from an EBR lynch over a Swiss lynch is a scum pick dead and I'm hopeful a scum pick. Swiss has definitely picked up his activity toDay, and provided reasoning for his reads, I have him as leaning town and would not support his lynch. I agree with switch of opinion on Swiss, his constantly changing opinion on EBR I don't like, especially his switch off of voting EBR sooo close to the deadline. If we NL and he doesn't switch his vote to EBR before deadline I look into him as well toMorrow.
I'm talking about connections. Are there any connections that you gain from that. Deadline was an hour ago so I don't think we're gonna get a lynch. Can I get your overall opinion on J? As in, town, scum, null... and why as well. All this going off of a NL since it doesn't seem likely 2 people are coming back to vote.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Votecount 2-7 (Deadline)

9/16 to lynch.

EBR! [7]: Swiss, Red Ryu, July, Sworddancer, asianaussie, X1-12, SangfroidWarrior
Acrostic [2]: Gheb, EBR!
Swiss [1]: Shadow Moth
asianaussie [1]: Vult Redux

Not voting: Gova, Acrostic, Ranmaru, traveling cat

------------------------------------------------------------

[collapse=Vote Log] Swiss > J > EBR!
X1-12 > SangfroidWarrior > J > EBR!
Gova
Acrostic
Gheb > Ranmaru > Unvote > EBR! > Acrostic
Red Ryu > Swiss > Unvote > EBR!
July > EBR!
EBR! > Vult Redux > Acrostic
Vult Redux > asianaussie
Sworddancer > EBR!
Ranmaru
J > Swiss > asianaussie > asianaussie > Swiss > Unvote > EBR! > Red Ryu
asianaussie > EBR!
Shadow Moth > Swiss
SangfroidWarrior > EBR!
traveling cat
[/collapse]

No lynch was reached.

#HBC | Nabe

Night 2!

The party guests settled into a slow second day. Many accusations flew back and forth, but after the disconcerting death of the first day, many seemed content to sit back and watch others instead, looking for some sign. Finally, the sun set over the dark foreboding forest on the horizon, and they all settled in for an uneasy night.

You are the prince of your mind, your own hallowed ground. Work some magic with those neurons and puzzle out your identity!

Night 2 begins and lasts 48 hours!
As usual, shoot me theme guesses and night actions.

#HBC | Nabe

Day 3!

The sun shines down on a morbid scene -- glossy red blood on an ill-fitting blue dress.

Sworddancer was dressed as Alice Kingsleigh, as seen in Alice in Wonderland (2010)... well, her clothing is right at least. He was Independent.​

At least the rabbit will make a good meal.

Day 3 starts now! With 15 players remaining, it's 8 votes to lynch.
Deadline is Saturday, September 10th at noon EST.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I played way too brownie townie for an indie I guess.

Meh, whatever. Since I didn't have a side IDC who wins, so **** you all! :bee:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Damn, I wanted to form a counter-alliance to J's circle of ******* toDay with Sworddancer in it 0_o

Having read through stuff again I strongly approve of Shadow Moth's reckless tunneling on Swiss and wish people would start following suit.
Vote Swiss

X1, I don't see why you'd argue against the Acrostic lynch yesterDay - how can you call that a "random inactive" lynch? That's a contradiction because lynching somebody that inactive is never quite random. What are you planning to do with him anyway? Keep him around until it's way too late for us to rid us of his deadweight? With people like Gova, TCat and Ranmaru around it's hard enough to get anything done. I'd love being able to trust you but your counter-productive pushes are kind of getting in the way.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Not voting: Gova, Acrostic, Ranmaru, traveling cat
Why didn't we lynch one of these guys? If all 4 of them are town we have absolutely no hope to win this game anymore at this point unless we get rid of them asap. That's 1/4th of the case left and just by sheer mathematics it's likely enough to assume that there's at least one scumbag among them.

Actually, Swoddancer dying might just be our "saving grace" for us because we still got the numbers to do something. But it won't work out as long as we got these people in the game.

Unvote Vote Ranmaru

:059:

X1-12

Smash Champion
Gheb the Acrostic wagon was picked at random, was done with about 24 hours remaining and needed 9 votes, whereas EBR needed 3 more? Its pretty clear. I don't see how you are pointing at these people saying they're stopping us from getting anything done when instead of voting to avoid NL you voted for someone else putting them at L-8. Also please explain which of my pushes you find to be counter-productive

I am also fine with leaving Acrostic, Gova etc around for the moment because I have plenty of scumreads outside of the lurking group and thus am wanting to get rid of those first.

Also you're really gonna have to give me some actual reasoning for those scumreads.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
...that feel when you want to come into the game and randomly accuse X1 of being scum to invoke a reaction, but you haven't actually read and fear looking completely stupid (ie, he was universally accepted as obvtown or something), and then it's too late because he voted you and now it would look like OMGUS.

But no, I'm not scum. Is there anything that actually makes you think that?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Also Gheb learn to play plz. Put me as town and lynch Ryker. Why am I scum? I'm not. Cool. Glad we sorted that.

@ Swords - I had you as town so GG on that, your problem was exactly that you played obvtown, you would never be mislynched. WHAT IS THIS FOOL? YOU FOOL! That's risky scum play, never mind indie play!

Vote: EBR

Asdioh what do you think of J's play? Was it townie? Is X1 right to vote you? What is your read on EBR?

Swords death wasn't at J's (player not slot) hands.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Please guys, don't make me do something we will all regret to get EBR lynched.

He has to be scum.

I can see his eyes dancing with mischief as he watches me struggle in vain.

Struggle I shall.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
idk Swiss, there was something about #104 that I didn't like.
" http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13197338&postcount=104 why is RR sword's second pick? Don't like that."

I hadn't felt like RR was scummy.

"Page 4 votecount: Ranmaru [5]: Acrostic, July, EBR!, Joey, Dark Horse
Wgat. DH flipped town, July's vote was RVS. Acrostic I assume was RVS too, and I don't remember anything from him.
Idk about EBR, but I'm not sure I like Joey's vote there."

That's about all I have from my notes from what I've read so far.

However, I WILL be trying in this game, because dammit, I replaced in to brush up on my scumhunting skills. Even if I'm replacing into a damn 18 player game on Day 3.

Before I read the rest, has anyone claimed? Is there even a point to claiming, unless you've guessed the flavor (which I haven't, and I doubt I'll be able to lol)

Also, I have no idea about J's play, I figured it would be a waste of time to read his posts since I know he's town, same with most of DH and Circus' posts.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
And Swiss, I'm sure there's more to your EBR scumread than just the fact that he hasn't been NKed, right? Because I could say players (such as... you and Gheb, for example) being alive points to you being scum, but that's wifom.
Not that you guys are that good or anything :p

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
@Asdioh. What did you think of J forming an alliance with people? Who do you think is scum, as per currently? What do you think of the back and forth between J and Swiss? Do you think it is T v T, T v S, or S v S? What do you think of X1's case on me and J? What do you think of there being a NL and what do you think of the people that stopped a lynch from happening?

@X1. Who are your scum picks for the moment?

@Swiss. I know you want EBR gone, and Asdioh too apparently, but who else do you think is scum?

@July. What do you think of the people, like J, that said they would be back for an EBR lynch if no other was possible and never came back?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
K.

Unvote Vote Asdioh

Give me something to work with.

@Gheb: Why do you think Ran is scum? From what I have read, it looked like townRan to me.

@Sang and everyone: should I even care what J has done? Unless he put himself in a ****ty spot and then replaced out (I hope that's not the case) I'm just going to ignore everything he said and do my own thing.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So this game has had a problem with inactives? I gained that much from Gheb's recent post.
Gonna read now, even though I hate reading 20+ pages of stale content that I wasn't involved in.

btw, July's scum right? She always is.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss - Town
JO_OEY X1-12 - Very likely town
Gova - Inactive but leaned town from posts
Acrostic - ?
Raziek Gheb_01 - Townie? Would lynch if needed. Feel better about him now indie is dead.
Red Ryu - Town
July - Town
Erupting Burning RYKERRR!!! - Scum
Soupamario Vult Redux - ?
Ranmaru - Town
J - Town
asianaussie - Town
Shadow Moth - Town (though may lynch if needed)
SangfroidWarrior - Town but so, so dumb.
traveling cat - Inactive but leaned town from posts

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
[collapse=crappy notes dump]Shadow Moth: does the first thing I deem scummy in the game, on page 2. "Faking a restriction is dumb" and then votes swiss. When it's
blatantly obvious he's faking it. Too dumb to be scum though, right?

Ranmaru: tries to get the game moving, assuming he's town for now. Joey, Soup, AA, July, Sang all answer his questions immediately after,
what the hey? Oh wait, Joey just posted "bleck" which is a towntell, and Red Ruy refused to answer which I agree with. Oh wait Joey is
gonna actually answer the questions, must be scum. Then RR answered the questions too...

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13197338&postcount=104 why is RR sword's second pick? Don't like that.

Page 4 votecount: Ranmaru [5]: Acrostic, July, EBR!, Joey, Dark Horse
Wgat. DH flipped town, July's vote was RVS. Acrostic I assume was RVS too, and I don't remember anything from him.
Idk about EBR, but I'm not sure I like Joey's vote there.

As of page 4 because lazy:
Swiss: leaning town.
Joey: leaning scum, especially since he replaced out :3
Gova: null.
Acrostic: inactive.
Raziek: inactive.
Red Ryu: leaning town.
July: inactive, scum because she's always scum.
EBR: null.
Soup: null?
Sword: leaning scum
Ran: leaning town
J: obvtown
AA: null
Shadow Moth: inactive null leaning too-easy scum
Sangfroid: null
TC: null[/collapse]

Swiss

Smash Lord
RQS is Random Questioning Stage, yes.

God I feel like an IC.

July is town because she's honest, thoughtful and unbiased in her opinions. If she were scum she would not be so level headed.

*I accept no responsibility for her being yakked again*

Swiss

Smash Lord
Asdioh if I told you, hypothetically of course, that voting EBR would lead to his scum flip and also my death (effectively VT disregarding EBR) - would you do it? Assume I asked you to do this, and it was not against my wishes.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
In fact, it's giving me similar vibes that Sword gave with the post that I linked above. When I listed my reads, those were based off of very little, but that post by Swords was all I needed to put him into my scum category.

You say she's honest? She seemed pretty honest and level headed when I was scum with her in D.gray... in fact, she attacked her scummates mercilessly if it was required of her.

...anyway, @ your last question: do you mean death via nightkill, or death via dies-with-EBR?
Either way, I would think it would be worth it. This game hasn't had a mafia flip yet, and it sure would help, even if we lost (assuming) a townie who's been leading us or something :bee:

@X1 and July being buddies: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13203149&postcount=163 "IGMEOY Joey"
classic July distancing :mistyface:

X1-12

Smash Champion
what makes you think that swiss? I dont think ive ever mentioned july this game? Which most would probably take to imply we were more likely to be buddies.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Why didn't we lynch one of these guys? If all 4 of them are town we have absolutely no hope to win this game anymore at this point unless we get rid of them asap. That's 1/4th of the case left and just by sheer mathematics it's likely enough to assume that there's at least one scumbag among them.
I think this is a good choice.

Though I wouldn't say that I'm against an EBR lynch. I can't find where exactly he posted it, but I remember him mentioning at the end of D2 that he was finally going to give up a Vult vote because it seemed to not be selling. I thought in response that that's ridiculous because it was clear the Vult wagon was not happening within 3 pages after he tried starting it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Oh hey an earlygame votecount.
10/18 to lynch.

Ranmaru [6]: Acrostic, EBR!, Joey, Dark Horse, Circus, Red Ryu
Circus [2]: J, Ranmaru
EBR! [2]: Sworddancer, Soupamario
Swiss [1]: Shadow Moth
Gova [1]: July
Acrostic [1]: Gova
Soupamario [1]: asianaussie
J [1]: Swiss

Not voting: Raziek, SangfroidWarrior, traveling cat
Do/did people actually think Ran was scum? This wagon smells to me. Ran was actually one of the towniest looking players early on to me. His list of questions to get things started is part of what convinced me.

I know nothing about acrostic
EBR's vote: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13187964&postcount=67 (lolbus)
Joey's vote was here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13199603&postcount=133 (loljustification)
Circus and DH were town
Red Ruy voted here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13203369&postcount=168 (Red Ruy is town right?)

Swiss

Smash Lord
what makes you think that swiss? I dont think ive ever mentioned july this game? Which most would probably take to imply we were more likely to be buddies.
You follow certain rules as scum, and not leaving classic connections is still one of them. You would not be scum with July and play like this.

You are clearly not both scum.

Plus, like I recently mentioned, I have town reads on both of you.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Hey Vult! I haven't played with you since Dissidia, my very first dgames game. You're town again, I hope?

Top Bottom