• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hall of Gaming: Post Blizzard 2013 Edition - March 16th, 2013 - wallingford, ct

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

Hey guys so we got snowed out last time. Lets hope that its the end of that kind of john. Anyways I know we all want to play and have a great time, so I am hosting another next month. I would've done so earlier but there are other events that I did not want to get in the way of.

IMPORTANT CHANGES:
Singles in now only 5 bucks. I want everyone in the venue to enter! Whats five buck between a good time right? Get that experience and get on that grind!

There will be pools from here on until further notice. I guaranteed that Pools will happen for everyone unless there is some unforeseen event. I will be doing them a little different however. I usually run as many as I can in the venue and save mine for last.....BUT NOW!!!...

I will be running 2 waves of pools. This will allow for lunch breaks. Please guys utilize the time the best you can for a great fast tourney.

ENTRY:

5 singles
5 doubles
5 venue

NEW IDEA!!! GIVE ME FEEDBACK!

This Hall of Gaming I want to take the 4 to 8 top players and run a round robin instead of having them enter pools. The round robin would run along side. Basically if I create 5 pools , I would take those top seeds and run a 5 dollar round robin. The people within the group can create whatever stipulations about the rules they want as long as they do not significantly prolong the tourney( ex: secondaries only, one stage only, falcon only etc etc.)

Singles Stage List

Starters/Neutrals:

Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick:

Pokemon Stadium

Doubles Stage List

Starters/Neutrals:

Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick:

DK 64

General Rules

Items are set to off
Stock and time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively
Wobbling is banned
Double Blind: If elected
Contest Port Priority: If elected
Neutral Start: If elected
DSR Modified will be used
Gentleman’s Clause
Forced Character Selection: Off

Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count. A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on. This includes the first match won via stage striking.

Pausing the game shall only be legal while either player remains upon their OWN respawn platform, and only for the purpose of summoning a tournament official or in the case of a controller malfunction. All other pauses will incur a stock loss to the player who pauses the game.

Any coaching that happens during the match (but not in between matches) is restricted. Players who violate this rule will receive a warning (BOTH the player AND the person coaching the player) on the first attempt. Players who violate this rule after a warning will be disqualified from the event and a possible ejection from the venue.

Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:
If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner.

Additional Rules for Teams Play

Team Attack: ON
Life Stealing is allowed
If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.

How to Play a Set

Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind
Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage
The players play the first match of the set
Prior to starting this match, either player may elect to Contest Port Priority or Neutral Start. Note: Only one of these two may be used, as both have a built in Port Selection mechanism using RPS. If there is a situation where a player would like to change which option they elected after playing the game of RPS, it is the opponent’s choice to allow it. The results from the previously played game of RPS will carry over.

Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.
The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a
Neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick.
The next match is played.
Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

BRING SETUPS!!

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
CHECK OP GUYS! NEW INFO AND I NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE THE TOURNEY BETTER!

"NEW IDEA!!! GIVE ME FEEDBACK!

This Hall of Gaming I want to take the 4 to 8 top players and run a round robin instead of having them enter pools. The round robin would run along side. Basically if I create 5 pools , I would take those top seeds and run a 5 dollar round robin. The people within the group can create whatever stipulations about the rules they want as long as they do not significantly prolong the tourney( ex: secondaries only, one stage only, falcon only etc etc.) "

S l o X

Smash Champion
i like any ideas that include me playing melee with people i like.

so hopefully that mattdotzeb guy isn't here!

ChicknMonkey

Smash Apprentice
Noob scene is in, and I like the 5 dollar amount, more likely for scrubs like us to populate the pools. Also, we will be bringing Project M. Last time Slox lost, lets see if he's gotten any better #throwdown

PS- hashtags are gay

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
i like any ideas that include me playing melee with people i like.

so hopefully that mattdotzeb guy isn't here!
Miss you too babe.

Going to try and make it here. Still getting 20% off on subway?

Also if I have a copy of brawl by this I'll bring a pm setup

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, of course not. I just like posting nonsense. Gotta go to this since its so gosh darn close.

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
I can make it, but will have to leave to drive back to Hartford around 5:30. Prolly won't make it all the way through brackets anyway, but have been craving a nearby tourney since ROM5! ^_^

braintrain

Smash Rookie
Noob scene is in, and I like the 5 dollar amount, more likely for scrubs like us to populate the pools. Also, we will be bringing Project M. Last time Slox lost, lets see if he's gotten any better #throwdown

PS- hashtags are gay
I'm part of that noob scene and I'm all for the 5 dollar amount. Less money we have to pay to get dumped on lol

Ginger_Al

Smash Rookie
A few of my buddies and I will hopefully be going to this. Looking forward to our first tournament experience.

peeup

Smash Lord
So yeah I'll say it again, if anybody is going from Trinity or at least in/around Hartford and would wanna drive me, that would be sick. I'd pitch in for gas. Donate your car and I'll beef up dat noob scene.

That said, I might not be able to go anyway.

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
So yeah I'll say it again, if anybody is going from Trinity or at least in/around Hartford and would wanna drive me, that would be sick. I'd pitch in for gas. Donate your car and I'll beef up dat noob scene.

That said, I might not be able to go anyway.
Where exactly do you live peeup? I live in West Hartford.

peeup

Smash Lord
I'm at Trinity College. But actually I think its looking like I won't be able to go anyway =(

Yup definitely can't go, thanks for the ride offer tho zeonix. Really would like to make it to a CT tourney, so I'll probably be asking to bum another ride next time :p

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
I'm at Trinity College. But actually I think its looking like I won't be able to go anyway =(

Yup definitely can't go, thanks for the ride offer tho zeonix. Really would like to make it to a CT tourney, so I'll probably be asking to bum another ride next time :p
Yeah man, no problem. Actually, I'm not sure I can make it either, got lots of college stuff going on, and like I said earlier, I wouldn't be able to stay for the whole tournament. Swiftbass, how often do you guys host Hall of Gaming tourneys?

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice

Yeah man, no problem. Actually, I'm not sure I can make it either, got lots of college stuff going on, and like I said earlier, I wouldn't be able to stay for the whole tournament. Swiftbass, how often do you guys host Hall of Gaming tourneys? Sorry for double post, my wi-fi at this university is screwy. GAHH

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Yeah man, no problem. Actually, I'm not sure I can make it either, got lots of college stuff going on, and like I said earlier, I wouldn't be able to stay for the whole tournament. Swiftbass, how often do you guys host Hall of Gaming tourneys?
I try to hold these every month or so. Last one was snowed out. This one should be a good one.

Also about set ups.....five dollar venue is the best I can do. That and singles 5 bucks is the best deal you will find. Trust me if I could make it lower I would.

also this is this weekend yay

peeup

Smash Lord
This is a monthly thing? How come I've never heard of it haha I've been looking for **** to do in CT since September #ISuckAtThis

Top Bottom