• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hall of Gaming: (A)LPHA "BIWEEKLIES" DEC 21ST WALLINGFORD, CT

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

Hey guys!. This a local for all of us who cant travel as much. These will be more frequent and usually within about a weeks notice or so. The series will be called biweekly as I will try to have them often, but sometimes I will announce the schedule. As of right now. This first one is a pilot and will help determine if I will do more. If you want this to be a thing then you need to show up.

I am talking to you locals mainly because I want this to be the new Connecticut smash stomping grounds. So come out, pay low fees for the tourney enter, learn and have fun. This is a really chill environment that will be built around learning and just getting in LOTS and LOTS of casuals with a tourney to boot.

Practice up here as this is the only spot where all CT smash can get together. Wallingford is about as close as we can get to the middle of the populated state so no excuses! come out and hang out!

VENUE:

220 North Colony Street Wallingford, CT 06492
(203) 793-7712
Wallingford, Connecticut

ENTRY FEES:

7 venue
5 singles
5 doubles

Singles Stage List

Starters/Neutrals:

Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick:

Pokemon Stadium

Doubles Stage List(IF ENOUGH PEOPLE SHOW)

Starters/Neutrals:

Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick:

DK 64

General Rules

Items are set to off
Stock and time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively
Wobbling is banned
Double Blind: If elected
Contest Port Priority: If elected
Neutral Start: If elected
DSR Modified will be used
Gentleman’s Clause
Forced Character Selection: Off

Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count. A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on. This includes the first match won via stage striking.

Pausing the game shall only be legal while either player remains upon their OWN respawn platform, and only for the purpose of summoning a tournament official or in the case of a controller malfunction. All other pauses will incur a stock loss to the player who pauses the game.

Any coaching that happens during the match (but not in between matches) is restricted. Players who violate this rule will receive a warning (BOTH the player AND the person coaching the player) on the first attempt. Players who violate this rule after a warning will be disqualified from the event and a possible ejection from the venue.

Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:
If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner.

Additional Rules for Teams Play

Team Attack: ON
Life Stealing is allowed
If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.

How to Play a Set

Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind
Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage
The players play the first match of the set
Prior to starting this match, either player may elect to Contest Port Priority or Neutral Start. Note: Only one of these two may be used, as both have a built in Port Selection mechanism using RPS. If there is a situation where a player would like to change which option they elected after playing the game of RPS, it is the opponent’s choice to allow it. The results from the previously played game of RPS will carry over.

Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.
The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a
Neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick.
The next match is played.
Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

Litt

Samus
We need this at a bar Tim, turning 21 in 2 weeks and getting smashed while smashing is a must :D

Litt

Samus
ahhhhhh my bad Mench, didnt catch your tag when we played

Mench

Smash Rookie
ahhhhhh my bad Mench, didnt catch your tag when we played

Haha, that's okay. I didn't know how to spell yours until you posted in this thread, and I didn't really get any other UConn tags. I'm kinda bad at networking.

Chris234k

Smash Rookie
I'm definitely coming to this and I'll probably be bringing jazz, nope, and mosh as well! What are the times for the day?

Litt

Samus
same as last time, venue opens at like 12-12:30, then dubs around 1-1:30, and then singles starts w/e dubs finishes

Litt

Samus
lol play spawn and I, then tell me how decent your team is ;) , and what part of CT do you live in? there has to be other smashers there

Litt

Samus
Ya there is a scene in rocky hill, spawn is there with a few roommates and they play all the time

Mench

Smash Rookie
same as last time, venue opens at like 12-12:30, then dubs around 1-1:30, and then singles starts w/e dubs finishes
I checked the website (http://www.myhallofgaming.com/index.php/hours-contacts) for venue hours, and I'm confused. It seems like the place opens at 2:00pm Saturdays, but the hours are listed inconsistently. KLit, are you sure the place opens at 12-12:30? Is it different for tournaments or something?

Litt

Samus
Just checked the previous tourney listings for hall of gaming and they all say either 12 or 12:30 for start up, so no worries Mench

JLib

Smash Rookie
Like I said when I texted you, we aren't good, but we have a decent team. I'm from waterbury, there is no scene in sight from what I can tell.
Here in West Hartford there's no scene, I want to get better but all I've been doing is playing Project M since me and my friends can't find Melee :(.

Zenox

Smash Cadet
Here in West Hartford there's no scene, I want to get better but all I've been doing is playing Project M since me and my friends can't find Melee :(.

im from west hartford and am looking for people to play with. I just had shoulder surgery and can only use 1 hand atm but when I recover id be down to play/practice.

Litt

Samus
Collin: good set dude in bracket, you beat me last time and it was ridiculously close again, such an agro falco... those fsmashes xDD
AwesomeSean: fun teaming with you dude, we broke even and our teamwork got better thoughout, our singles match #campfest... break out those marshmellows and pitch that tent.... longest match ive ever had with a fox.
Twebb: Thanks for those friendlies, Im starting to get a better understanding of the higher level fox MU and it was really helpful for when I played AwesomeSean in bracket. Next time Ill take a game dude :D
Swift: Double two stocked, Ill take that :). Just shows i need a lot of work to do still and I look forward to the next time we play swift.
Brain: Good match dude, fun playing with you and if you wanna learn the samus MU better just ask me for friendlies afterward next tourney.
Hehe: Lol love that name bro, and your marth is solid, should deff come up to Uconn and play with the rest of the smash club sometime.
Gooley: Dude it was your first tourney so you shouldn't be too hard on yourself that you didnt make it out of pools, have to just train harder for next time.
Vino: God damn I hate playing against marth, still have zero experience in that match up besides the two times we played, and getted bopped by C!Z at RoM. Good **** winning this time, I guess its my turn to win next time ;P.
Moon: Lol dude your marth is amazing, can't wait to see it against those WC scrubs at apex, and I really need to play it some more because I am absolutely trash at that MU.

Mench

Smash Rookie
I live in New Haven, but go to school in West Hartford. Starting January 2nd I'll be living there for at least part of the next 2-3 weeks while I take a winterterm class. Tryin' to play as many heads as possible, so will be in touch.

LiquidSNK

Smash Rookie
Had to do a friend's birthday this past week, but definitely willing to go to the next one (and proceed to get my ass wrecked).

bolt.

Smash Ace
I live in New Haven, but go to school in West Hartford. Starting January 2nd I'll be living there for at least part of the next 2-3 weeks while I take a winterterm class. Tryin' to play as many heads as possible, so will be in touch.
Yo, I live in branford if you ever want to play melee with someone.

Just friend me on facebook if you want to contact me. My name is Colin Giannini.

Also ggs at the tournament Klit.

S l o X

Smash Champion
It was cool seeing all the new faces at the same tournament. Also there were some upsets at this HoG, wish I could have entered.

Gladiator

Smash Apprentice
So is this biweekly thing still happening, because I would love to go to one if so.

Top Bottom