• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Half-Life 2 (Including the Orange Box) Mystery Portal Update!

Tr0n

Smash Cadet
the sniper video is great, i'm liking the new pyro stuff too, great for pyro duos, ignite, axe crit and so on XD

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I just intsant unlocked them all again, I don't like achievements for unlockables <_<

Sensai

Smash Master
Wow...they let the instant-unlock thing happen again? ****...you think they're doing it intentionally?

I don't really mind working on it this time, since you don't have to get them all (I think it's only like...20 actual achievements, not including Milestones), which is fine. Just makes it a tad more fun.

Also, I guess I'm going to create the Steam social group? Or has it already been done and I've just missed it, regardless of the fact that I searched and perused?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
What do you guys think of Left 4 Dead? I really don't know much about it besides it's co-op, a zombie survivor, and it's made by Valve- so naturally it's gotta be good.

Do you guys know anything more specific?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Sensai, I would love getting the achievements for fun if unlocking the weapons weren't involved with the process. They should just give everyone access to the new weapons, and add the achievements for people who enjoy them.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Left 4 Dead looks AMAZING. I love how you can actually play as a zombie.

But, the game isn't coming out for a while.

Sensai

Smash Master
Left 4 Dead looks amazing.

And I think it's coming out the 4th of November...I think I read that somewhere.

@ Ignatius: Jeah, I get what you mean. I kinda like it, though, and think they did a much better job with the pyro's achievements than the medics; asking us to get ALL the achievements was silly. Half? That's fine by me.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What do you guys think of Left 4 Dead? I really don't know much about it besides it's co-op, a zombie survivor, and it's made by Valve- so naturally it's gotta be good.

Do you guys know anything more specific?
It's played 'best' as a 4 person game with a group of four people with different abilities/skills/weapon proficiencies, and can be played with more people who play as the zombies.

The game has a "Director AI" that controls the monsters, deciding when to attack, when to hang back and make you feel uneasy, ect. You don't die straight away, just collapse and can still shoot, albiet with restricted aim, until your teammates grab/heal/whatever it is you.

The general aim of the levels is to get from one safehouse to another. voice chat is heavily emphasised, and if you play without it, the game uses it for you with your characters yelling things out like reloading, monster spotted on the east, ect.

I remember that from a hands on about 6 months or more ago, so I'm expecting it to have changed a bit, but it'll still be awesome.

Oh, and there was a monster called a Witcher that is 'asleep' and there's one in each stage. It was majorly advised that whatever you do, you do not wake it, and it's the only monster that can't be human played.

Sensai

Smash Master
Never heard of Hidden, but if it was anything like Left 4 Dead is going to be, I may have to look into it.

For anyone who's played Zombie Mod, this is to you: I hope Left 4 Dead is like a Valve developed one of those.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
Left 4 dead sounds like Zombie panic. Infact, Zombie Panic in a way from what i have seen is Left 4 dea. One person is a zombie and has to eat the humans.

In hidden, one person is an invisible guy with a knife who has to kill the humans. Nothing like left 4 dead after i watched a few trailers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcnk3jdMCgY

(psssss i am the asian character in all the vids, and the guy who shotguns the guy with the long name.)

Hidden with gameplay from me and the hidden awesome club.

i haven't played zombie mod yet. But it looks fun.

Esoteric

Smash Apprentice
I still haven't gotten around to finishing HL2: EP1. Last time I was playing it was right before my 360 decided to RRoD on me. I've since gotten my 360 back, but been playing BF: Bad Company. Looking forward to finishing EP1 and getting into EP2 soon though.

Also, Portal was one of the greatest games I've played. I'm patiently waiting Portal 2 and hoping it's a bit longer than Portal was.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I think that ep3 art was more of a slip-up than anything else. When I first clicked the link at IGN I thought it was going to be something more... revealing- now I just feel dissapointed. SPOILERS
Is that the inside of the citadel do you think? Or the combine homeworld or something? Where was it that the chick who betrayed us in Half Life 2 went? Wherever she sent that vid of the borealis from could be where that pic is located.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Is that the inside of the citadel do you think? Or the combine homeworld or something? Where was it that the chick who betrayed us in Half Life 2 went? Wherever she sent that vid of the borealis from could be where that pic is located.
I don't think it's the inside of The Citadel from City 13, that's been exploded. A citadel, or some other building in the arctic, could be. I just want to get at the borialis. Apeture Science vessel? Who's not hoping the Portal Gun isn't in there? That's right, nobody.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm actually hoping they DON'T make a second Portal. It was good (probably one of the best games ever, IMO, next to OoT), but to stretch it out anymore would make it just another puzzle game. Now, if they incorperated it into the HL story (which, it looks like they might) I wouldn't be opposed to it as much.

@ Mic and Mr.GAW:

That looks kinda like the Borrealius I would expect. And that girl who betrayed us at the end of HL2 (Doctor something), ended up being a good guy, right? Or at least, not as bad as was necessary.

I'm just REALLY looking forward to knowing who the **** the GMan is.

[Edit:]

Mic, is your avatar now a picture of whatever those creatures from Animorphs were called, but made in Spore? Axe or something, right?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'd even appreciate some more challenges. Maybe not a full fledged and storied game, but like a puzzle pack or something through the marketplace would be nice.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
hell i announced that at 12:43. a good story would be nice too, but i'm a huge fan of the puzzle aspect, and either would be nice.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm actually hoping they DON'T make a second Portal.
They're already working on Portal 2

Mic, is your avatar now a picture of whatever those creatures from Animorphs were called, but made in Spore? Axe or something, right?
Andalite. ;)

Looks like Portal: Still Alive is going to be announced today. As of this writing, it looks as if it's just for XBLA.
From what I understand, still alive is a flash based game (also available on DS Homebrew)

armalite

Smash Rookie
I don't have the Orange Box but I do have Half-Life 2 and TF2. I love TF2, anyone wanna play? I can only play in west servers though because I'm all the way in Hawaii.

Sensai

Smash Master
Armalite, if you want, go ahead and add me to your Steam friends and we'll play. My name is like, LGD|Sensai or something.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Still Alive is the free map pack that PC had a few months back. It adds an extra 3.5 hours of content, some challenging puzzles, and some new elements. That being said, it probably won't be available for PC since the map pack has been free for some time.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
That's stupid. I'll still buy it because it's portal, but the game is empty w/o glados/some kind of story.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Still Alive is the free map pack that PC had a few months back. It adds an extra 3.5 hours of content, some challenging puzzles, and some new elements. That being said, it probably won't be available for PC since the map pack has been free for some time.
Oh, the one by the guys who did 2D portal? Man, I still haven't passed those, way harder than Portal.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Yep, Mic, that's the one. So no PC release, probably a PS3 release later. I think I'll pass. It took me about a week to beat that map pack, but it was fun. Though, if they add it to Steam, I'll have to see if there are more achievements.

Sensai

Smash Master
Free weekend for Team Fortress 2 this weekend...if you don't have it or haven't played it, you might wanna jump online and try it out. It'll be worth the time, I promise.

Also, if you manage to miss it, I apparently have some type of pass that lets people play for 3 days...so, if you're interested in that, it's up for whoever wants it.

Top Bottom