• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadouken! Ryu's Official Thread! - We do EX Moves to SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Having Chunners instead of Ryu would be as going with Amy instead of Sonic. XD.. but I'm sure Capcom has something in the works; at least a new crossover!
Well, I wouldn't go THAT far... ;)

Chun was around from SF1 (IIRC) and has been a playable character from the start. Amy didn't show up until Sonic CD and was ever only a side character until SA1.

Still, Ryu is fine either way. :)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I can't wait to test so many little things with Ryu! Like his edge animation, him using some Power Ups and Items, Smash Run, his running animation and such! Seems that Sakurai made a perfect hybrid; while his design and appearance (and some animations) are reminiscent from SFIII, IV and V, he got heavy SFII throwbacks like the Alt. Colors and the lying down state (Which, can be silly, but I was hoping for! XD);
--Oh Sakurai, say for me that Ryu and the gang will be all available tomorrow! Pretty please! :3

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I can't wait to test so many little things with Ryu! Like his edge animation, he using some Power Ups and Items, Smash Run, his running animation and such! Seems that Sakurai made a perfect hybrid; while his design and appearance (and some animations) are reminiscent from SFIII, IV and V, he got heavy SFII throwbacks like the Alt. Colors and the lying down state (Which, can be silly, but I was hoping for! XD);
--Oh Sakurai, say for me that Ryu and the gang will be all available tomorrow! Pretty please! :3

He will....and the Reggie will say they are delayed for another 2 months because data miners

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
So has anyone talked about how Ryu is seemingly able to charge his Hadouken?

In the voice clips, he's heard saying both "Shankunetsu" and "Shinku"

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Well, I wouldn't go THAT far... ;)

Chun was around from SF1 (IIRC) and has been a playable character from the start. Amy didn't show up until Sonic CD and was ever only a side character until SA1.

Still, Ryu is fine either way. :)
Actually, Chun didn't show up until Street Fighter II... though, for all intents and purposes, Street Fighter II might as well be the first one.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm glad there was the original leak so I could acclimate myself to the idea of Ryu in Smash but I wish this one hadn't happened if we are just going to be witness to his reveal tomorrow.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I'm really disappointed in Ryu's alternates. There should be a red for Ken and a pink for Dan.

But it's still good Ryu's in the game.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Wait, Suzaku Castle has 6 music tracks and they're all just remixes of Ryu's and Ken's themes? That's incredibly disappointing.
Yeah, actually is little lame (F-Zero and Donkey Kong treatment on this!); but in comparison with other DLC characters, seems that Ryu got yet an advantage for being from an universe not before in the game; :T

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I can't be mad at those details right now; just looking for him as a character (and homage to the Street Fighter series) and the Suzaku Castle stage!;.. Was so much passion put on these that overshadows the minor nitpicks.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
so, now the things calmed down a bit, and all the euphoria decreased (not the hype though, we still have much more coming!), I have to ask.. I prepared the countdown until Tuesday, and.. well, it was ruined (I'm not even mad! lol, XD). but do you guys would like to see all the rest? I also prepared a GIF for the last day.. but I don't see point of hiding anymore. =P

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
so, now the things calmed down a bit, and all the euphoria decreased (not the hype though, we still have much more coming!), I have to ask.. I prepared the countdown until Tuesday, and.. well, it was ruined (I'm not even mad! lol, XD). but do you guys would like to see all the rest? I also prepared a GIF for the last day.. but I don't see point of hiding anymore. =P
Well, we might not even have to wait until Tuesday lol. I say post the rest of them, might as well.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Okay then; I had this for today (how appropriate! XD): ------------------------

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - 1999 [ARCADE/DC/PS2/PS3/X360]
Nothing more suitable to the third entry of the series be divided by a trilogy! .. The first episode of Street Fighter III, New Generation, was released only in Arcades in 1997, later getting a port to the SEGA Dreamcast... the series then continued through Second Impact (which was released at the same year) and finally 3rd Strike in 1999! An impressive engine for the time, and incredibly well done sprites wasn't enough to captivate the casual fans though.. the cast was completely revitalized, and well known faces like Guile, Cammy or Zangief were absent.. resulting in a not so warm reception; But, on the flip side, the competitiveness structured was huge, and to the date 3rd Strike is still one of the most beloved fighting games of all the time!

Chronologically being the latest page of the Street Fighter story and the last thing we know about Ryu's journey; --Once the world was in peace since the apparently total vanish of the Shadaloo Organization, many of the fighters went back to their lives... but something more sinister was happening silently.. A group guided by ideology Illuminati was kidnapping well known fighters over the globe; They believed that the humankind needed to be saved, and under the ambition of create a new utopia, these victims were put under the biological modifications designed to carry out the bidding of the cult. With this ideal, the leader of this, Gill, opened a World Warrior tournament, expecting to see whose of these competitors would be worthy of their "salvation". Ryu without knowing what was the real purpose behind this tournament, joined the opportunity to improve his skills as usual;.. during the battles though, he got the understanding of the story, while fighting against new challengers, some old friends and rivals.

-----------------
and for the remaining days you have:

Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams - 1995
[ARCADE/PSOne/Strn/GBC/PC]

Street Fighter V - 2016
[PS4/PC]

Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers - 1993 [ARCADE/SNES/GNS/Amiga]

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
OK, I have seen enough! The Joudan Sokutogeri is part of his moveset, and I got right the down Smash! Oh.. I know I'm more confused with his Final Smash being Shin Shoryuken in a Trophy and Shinkuu Hadouken in this footage!.. I'll contain myself, Let's find out tomorrow! D=

I said it once and I'll say it again, Cyberwolf best character support thread guy 10/10 best guy :colorful:
and once again, I thank you a lot! =)

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
OMG THAT FINAL SMASH

Shinku Hadouken is a long range FS, while Shin Shoryuken is a close range FS. PERFECT!

KingofSarus

Smash Rookie
Chun-Li's first appearance is Street Fighter II.
Only Ryu and Ken (Sagat, Adon, Eagle & Birdie as well) appeared in the original Street Fighter.

Comparing her with Amy Rose was still a sin though.

I'm glad im not the only person who prefers 3rd strike/2nd impact/new generation music. Everything caters to SF2 too much(other than his design,final smash and maybe his stage).
Street Fighter III is my favorite series as a whole, but it was never on a Nintendo console, so, yeah. lol
EDIT: So glad to know he has the Donkey Kick. Yesss. Hitting DK with that all day. I need to see the Final Smash though.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Chun-Li's first appearance is Street Fighter II.
[...]
Comparing her with Amy Rose was still a sin though.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I know how big is the importance of Chun-Li on SF Lore (believe me! I've been leading a guide for beginners here! XD), the comparison was only and totally by the fact she was the popular girl from the series as Amy is for Sonic, and only that. =)
back to Ryu now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom