• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadouken! Ryu's Official Thread! - We do EX Moves to SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Ryu... can do EX moves... by doing actual SF inputs.

This is amazing.
Yeah this is confirmed I was trying to keep quiet about it for a while cause PushDustin was working on a Google doc with all the info on it but yeah that is confirmed. :D

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
So after watching some actual gameplay, I think Ryu is going to be high on the tier list.

KingofSarus

Smash Rookie
Yeah this is confirmed I was trying to keep quiet about it for a while cause PushDustin was working on a Google doc with all the info on it but yeah that is confirmed. :D
Ayo, can he do slow/fast Hadokens? As if he did QCF+LP and QCF+HP? Same with Tatsumaki?
I'm sure Shoryuken is strictly a fierce one for recovery.

Also does his Focus Attack work as the regular one (absorbs one hit) or red focus? (Absorbs multiple, like C. Viper in Marvel vs. Capcom 3?)

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
So has anyone talked about how Ryu is seemingly able to charge his Hadouken?

In the voice clips, he's heard saying both "Shankunetsu" and "Shinku"
Or maybe, Ryu has an EX Meter? Like Little Mac's KO Uppercut?

EDIT: I see EX moves have been confirmed WOW

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And so this thread has been moved to the Ryu forums! :D :4ryu:

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Ayo, can he do slow/fast Hadokens? As if he did QCF+LP and QCF+HP? Same with Tatsumaki?
I'm sure Shoryuken is strictly a fierce one for recovery.

Also does his Focus Attack work as the regular one (absorbs one hit) or red focus? (Absorbs multiple, like C. Viper in Marvel vs. Capcom 3?)
Yeah he can do faster/slower Hadoken depending on how long you hold the button. Tatsumaki just becomes stronger if you do the input along with it. And Shoryuken is totally invincible until the move is done if you do the input command with it.

EDIT: YES OUR OWN SUB-FORUM! :colorful::bluejump::colorful:

Last edited:

KingofSarus

Smash Rookie
Yeah he can do faster/slower Hadoken depending on how long you hold the button. Tatsumaki just becomes stronger if you do the input along with it. And Shoryuken is totally invincible until the move is done if you do the input command with it.

Firefoxx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefoxx200
3DS FC
1821-9385-9105
Getting the muscle memory down to wavebounce Ex Fireballs is gonna be a hell of a thing

Graizen

Smash Champion
Move

Tip

Hadoken

A projectile from a world-class fighting game. Hold down the button to vary how fast it travels. It’ll disappear after a set distance.

Hadoken

Input the commands from the original series to increase the Hadoken’s power. Use it in midair to make Ryu glide slightly.

Hadoken

Quickly input down, down-forward, forward for 1.25x power. You might have to practice a bit to really figure out howtodo a Hadoken.

Hadoken

Input back, down-back, down, down-forward, forward to unleash a fiery Shakunetsu Hadoken that can deal multiple hits.

Shoryuken

When you enter the original commands, Ryu is momentarily invincible, the move is stronger and looks different…and his shout even changes!

Shoryuken

Input the commands from the original series to become invincible until the move is complete. The move needs no recovery time after landing.

Shoryuken

Input forward, down, down-forward for 1.2x attack power. Think you can pull it off? SURE YOU CAN!

Tatsumaki Senpukyaku

Ryu will float up slightly when using this move after a jump, making this spinning side kick great for recovering.

Tatsumaki Senpukyaku

Input the commands from the original series to power up the attack. One thing to remember: you can’t use it repeatedly in midair.

Tatsumaki Senpukyaku

Enter down, down-back, back for 1.16x power. Increasing the strength also increases the move’s speed and travel distance.

Focus Attack

Ryu will hold his stance until you release the button or a certain amount of time has passed. Then he’ll unleash the punch.

Focus Attack

By turning the opposite way the moment Ryu punches, he will strike in that direction instead.

Focus Attack

Hitting an opponent with the fully charged version of this move will make them slowly crumple. Time for a follow-up attack!

Focus Attack

You can cancel this move by pressing left or right twice quickly, either while charging or right after the punch connects.

Focus Attack

Ryu can take one hit while readying for this move. This is true until right before he attacks, even when charging the move to maximum power.

Side Smash Attack

Ryu steps forward and unleashes his Joudan Sokutogeri. The tip of his foot is the strongest part, but it won’t hit a small crouching enemy.

Strong Down Attack (Strong)

You might have seen this kick in the original games. Just like in those, you can cancel the move after striking by going straight into a special.

Strong Down Attack (Strong)

Hold down the attack button while crouching to use this move. You can cancel it into a special even if the foe is shielding, but only if you hit.

Strong Down Attack (Weak)

Use this attack by crouching and tapping the attack button. If you hit a downed opponent with it, you’ll knock them back to their feet.

Strong Side Attack (Strong)

Keep up the pressure on a guarding enemy with Ryu’s Collarbone Breaker, a double hit that’s good for shield breaking.

Up Air Attack

This uppercut hits the enemy twice and has a deceptively large range. It’s fairly easy to hit enemies directly over you.

Front Air Attack

Hitting an enemy with Ryu’s foot has higher launch power, while his upper leg is perfect for shield breaking. It’s a good move for combos.

Down Air Attack

This is the only attack in Ryu’s arsenal that has a meteor effect. If it hits, your victim will fly diagonally downward.

Upward Throw

This move kicks a grabbed opponent straight upward. As Ryu brings his leg back down, he’ll hit anyone else unlucky enough to be in the way.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
What! I missed all that gameplay!? Aww! Oh well...but uh hey! He's got street fighter inputs! I, probably like many others, totally guessed that! Awesome haha

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
That punch thing attack (don't play SF, sorry) makes enemies act as if KO'd. I wonder what it does when they're airborne.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
remember guys, anything that looks goofy or a little broken in gameplay by now, is probably because Ryu is running by hacking, and not actually installed DLC; .. so, we play the waiting game until Sakurai clarifies some of those things in depth for us!

Last edited:

BlastState

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlastState
3DS FC
0946-2825-3438
I know this is late, but I want to give you guys my heartfelt congratulations on Ryu's (unceremonious) confirmation! I did want to join your group as a supporter, but I would feel fake doing so in the midst of the hype. Seriously though; Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Ryu all in the same game fighting it out? :estatic:

Anyhow, I'm sure some of you have already touched on the possibility of a partnership between Capcom and Nintendo with this announcement being a commemoration of said partnership. Some people have suggested that this could foreshadow an improbable release of SFV in Wii U. However, My inner-dreamer suspects something more, something BIG, and if this means what I WANT this to mean...

...well let's just say this won't be the only game Mario and Ryu will be trading fists in the near future...

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Ryu confirmed next Meta Knight.
How many of you have already decided Ryu will be your new main?
As soon as the first leak happened months ago. I'm that sure that I can make it work and I just love his inclusion.
Mewtwo on the back burner.

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
I've been messing around in SSFIV3DS training mode to make sure I still have the input commands down pat. And I decided to main Ryu a long time back when we were still unsure about his inclusion. :b:

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I've been messing around in SSFIV3DS training mode to make sure I still have the input commands down pat. And I decided to main Ryu a long time back when we were still unsure about his inclusion. :b:
hah! Same here! I just put in practice some FADC to make sure I'll not suck on this too! XD XD.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I was going to post Miiverse art every day (once a day) until either tomorrow or Tuesday, whenever Ryu was revealed but well...this all happened today so....

Miiverse art to celebrate! (?)

By Dark (NNID: Invader.Toriko)

By Catherine (NNID: Evilspacewhale)

By Erik (NNID: TookErik)

By Jordy (NNID: GildartsTheGreat)

By Dan (NNID: Carmesi96)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I was going to post Miiverse art every day (once a day) until either tomorrow or Tuesday, whenever Ryu was revealed but well...this all happened today so....

Miiverse art to celebrate! (?)

By Dark (NNID: Invader.Toriko)

By Catherine (NNID: Evilspacewhale)

By Erik (NNID: TookErik)

By Jordy (NNID: GildartsTheGreat)

By Dan (NNID: Carmesi96)
I'll add those in the OP; thanks friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom