• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadouken! Ryu's Official Thread! - We do EX Moves to SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Does Ryu have a normal dash in this game? If so what'll his dash attack be? And would his rolls be Street Fighter-style dashes?

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
WHY IS THIS A THING

Thankfully, the first combo only did 8 damage after 5 hits, while his elbow jab can probably be DI'd out of.

EITHER way though, I am still expecting a lot of silly stuff to happen from Ryu. Such as shield pressure and other shenanigans.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Wow. I never thought I would say this but seeing Ryu in the game makes me do the one thing I never done before. Buy a copy of Street Fighter 2 for the SNES to play it for the first time. Question is, which version is better? Right now, I am excited.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Ryu confirmed next Meta Knight.
How many of you have already decided Ryu will be your new main?
I'll add him to my "Roster" for sure. If he gets up to my "mains" Marth/Lucina and Rosalina depends on how much i break my fingers trying to do the inputs consistently. After all, the only Street Fighter I ever played was Street Fighter II on the gameboy, and I didn't have a manual so i had no idea what i was doing...And all I ever managed to discover myself (for Ryu, anyway) were Hadouken and Hurricane Kick X) (Also, I STILL have issues with doing Smash-Inputs instead of Tilts, which bugs me to no end. Damn over sensitive new GC Controller... It has become alot better when I stopped playing with the "tip" of my thumb and started playing more with the "joint"...)

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Wow. I never thought I would say this but seeing Ryu in the game makes me do the one thing I never done before. Buy a copy of Street Fighter 2 for the SNES to play it for the first time. Question is, which version is better? Right now, I am excited.
"better", for sure is Super Street Fighter II; which contain more characters, is more agile and has many new techniques.. but for start, I'd recommend you the very first version of SFII; .. will help you develop better before go to something more frenetic like the Alpha series. =) Have fun!

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Get Super Turbo.

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
Ryu.... Those combos.... My God

When someone masters this character Ryu will be a scary character to fight.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Super Turbo is not on SNES. :p
Oh, derp. I'm actually not very familiar with the older versions of SF2 aside form Hyper Fighting, although I know they're pretty much all fun. I would head over to the beginner questions section at Shoryuken.com and ask which SNES version would be best for a player completely new to Street Fighter since you don't have access to ST.

I know that Street Fighter games tend to have little exclusive mini-games and such for single player, so finding a version with fun mini games is also something to think about.

That all being said, Super Street Fighter 2 is probably gonna be the best since it's the newest SNES version and Ryu is very similar in all versions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Haha, it ended up being Street Fighter 2 styled, although they did however add in Focus Attack!

SF2 sound effects are baws.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I love how they recreated the Super SF2 intro. That was great.

And that last line.
HIs trailer was FANTASTIC!... even without any kind of CGI or Animation it was better than all the others!

and the poster was exactly how I wanted!!!! aaaaaaaaaaah!!!

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I was expecting DK in Zangief's place, but that's nice too! XD.. sadly no Mario in the poster, but still AWESOME!

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Would it be really funny if Ryu's losing animation were to Metsu Shoryuken the winner (He is known to be a sore loser due to the satsui no hado)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Also, I know that Peach is THE Smash girl, but as a Zelda main, I can only be dissapointed with no "Chun-Zelda", as the Lighting Kicks are important.

But that artwork is still awesome!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
ALSO, you heard here first: The Ryu vs. Heihachi thing in the end of the trailer was a hint of Tekken X Street Fighter finally getting its re-announcement at this E3 and also coming to Wii U! (maybe even an exclusive!).. IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!.. NAMCO Bandai and Harada are the biggest Wii U supporters right now!.. I'm calling it!

Last edited:

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
ALSO, you heard this first: The Ryu vs. Heihachi thing in the end of the trailer was a hint of Tekken X Street Fighter finally getting it re-announcement at this E3 and also coming to Wii U! (maybe even an exclusive!).. IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!.. NAMCO Bandai and Harada are the biggest Wii U supporters right now!.. I'm calling it!
Its about time. I thought everyone had forgot about that lol

EDIT: BTW has anyone been able to get on the eshop yet? lol

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
OMIGOD YOU GUYS!! IT HAPPENED!!

I wanted to stay away from SWF after I saw the leaks yesterday so I could still be mostly surprised; holy crap!!! He looks AMAZING! Everything I ever wanted him to be! Kyle Herbert, SF inputs, Suzaku Castle!

HNNNNNG! Brb, changing mains. Maybe forever.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
He used Parry on his trailer? or was just a frame-hit of the beginning of the Focus Attack? .. if he has both, I'm going crazy! .. This will be the best Ryu incarnation EVER!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Here's Ryu in both Super Smash Bros on Wii U and Street Fighter 5 on PS4. Someone give me Ryu doing this in SF4

image.jpg

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Here's Ryu in both Super Smash Bros on Wii U and Street Fighter 5 on PS4. Someone give me Ryu doing this in SF4

View attachment 56679
This just reminds me how ****ing good the Smash 4 model is. Sakurai, you make odd decisions/statements sometimes, but I ****ing love you. You glorious man.

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
Holy crap, dat X-Men vs. Street Fighter reference... This just made me realize... My god, has there been any place or anybody Ryu HASN'T fought by now? Over 25 years and he's had all sorts of company crossovers. SNK, Marvel, Tatsunoko, Namco, Sega... now Nintendo. By getting into Smash, he's basically entered the video game equivalent of Valhalla... and yet STILL he goes, "I still have much to learn. The journey to become the ultimate martial artist has only just begun." And when this battle is over with, he'll go off and try to find the next new challenge. Like... where does he go from here? Perhaps he'll cross fists with the other Ryu that's crazy famous; Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive. Or better; next thing I know he'll probably find a way to fight Superman. Hell, the only thing missing now is him Shoryuken'ing Micky Mouse or Bugs Bunny at this point. It almost makes Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter believable to a degree now.

Last edited:

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
That combo he used in Mewtwo, my god, he MUST do low damage or low knockback.
Also, Focus attack into back dash Side smash. Hope You can grab him while charging it. Also, it MUST have a big end lag if it doesnt hit.

By looking at The combo he did on C. Falcon, two jabs into grab is a thing. Also D-throw into S-special looks like a thing. Só many options.

Edit:
Tatsumaki Senpukyaku

Enter down, down-back, back for 1.16x power. Increasing the strength also increases the move’s speed and travel distance.

People fastfalling to Death while trying to use it to recover will be funny.

Last edited:

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I have to admit, I didn't ever think someone from Street Fighter, or any other fighter, would ever be a good fit for Smash, but having watched the intro and reading up on his moves, Ryu is a great fit. I'm just overwhelmed by all the quality content and effort that Mr. Sakurai and his crew have put into not just Ryu, but this game in general. They have done a phenomenal job across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom