• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hacked Tournament Proposal

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
This is just an idea, im not sure how many of you have a USB Gecko or The Homebrew channel, but if there were a tournament announced which would have hacks such as "no tripping" and "reverse stage speed" as standard (maybe not the second one) would people be willing to attened it LAN or join in it online?

Just a brief overview of what these Hacks do, No tripping is obvious, it stops tripping, reverse stages also seems clear but not for the reversal reason. Enabling this hack disables most stages environmental effects such as wario wares inc. The doors never open for the mini games. Or bridge of eldin/pirtate ship/most other stages with effects they just never happen.
A downside to this is some stages are unplayable, these stages are big blue, ice mountain and castle siege.

If this were to take place online all participents would need either the USB gecko or the homebrew channel and would all the identical codes. This is because without these things the matches get dsync'd and are forced to end.

I wouldnt mind spearheadding such a tournament if there are people intereted.
Of course if there are any other hacks people like or some which they dont like its all open to disscussion I just wanted to know what you all thought?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I'd doubt enough people would have things such as the homebrew channel to make this possible. Although this does interest me, with the added fact that this would most likely be online? online tournaments as is have enough troubles.

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
I'd doubt enough people would have things such as the homebrew channel to make this possible. Although this does interest me, with the added fact that this would most likely be online? online tournaments as is have enough troubles.
Im not making up rules or anything but offline is easier as instead of everyone needing to be able to run the hack on their wii, only 1 in 4 people would. Though I have to admit there would proberably not be enough people interested to make an offline tournament worth while, never know thats what this topic, for me, is for.

Edds

Smash Ace
dont see any problem. your gonna come into balance issues if your gonna change anything (size, damage/defensive ratio .etc)

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
dont see any problem. your gonna come into balance issues if your gonna change anything (size, damage/defensive ratio .etc)
Just to clear this up, im not suggesting huge character balance switching hacks, just things to help the games be more fluent, with less chances for people to john, such as tripping.
Some other ideas include things such as reduced stalling by removing the current respawn method and replace it with the "drop from sky on respawn" hack, this means players cant stall on the respawn platform and I think it gets rid of there few second invincability. But it helps the games progress at a faster rate.

Any codes i feel must be agreed upon, im just looking to see how many people would be interested in such a thing

AmcD

Smash Ace
This sounds like a really good idea. I would do it but I dont like Brawl. Really good idea though.

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
This sounds like a really good idea. I would do it but I dont like Brawl. Really good idea though.
Is that "I would do it even though i dont like brawl" or "I would do it but im not going to because i dont like brawl" ?

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
it's a supportive comment to you despite the fact that anything to do with brawl is irrelevant to AmcD.

I personally think it's stupid unless it ONLY eliminates random tripping. Otherwise characters like diddy become ****e.

PS: it's me VA

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
it's a supportive comment to you despite the fact that anything to do with brawl is irrelevant to AmcD.

I personally think it's stupid unless it ONLY eliminates random tripping. Otherwise characters like diddy become ****e.

PS: it's me VA
Yeah, it only eliminates random tripping. it wont mess up diddy's bananas

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I swear CraigUK is that dumb guy who added me on msn and then said I added him and then got rude lol. He is a dumb individual if this is him and I will **** him online i If play him.

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
Whoops, that was you? I have like 700 people on my contact list. And half of them are random adds from people I dont know. Yeah I think I added you sorry haha. I just forgot your email

Top Bottom