• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hacked melee and PAL

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
I REALLY want to get my hands on some of this cool texture hacked melee, but living in europe our consoles are all PAL version and so won't run any NTSC discs.
Does anyone know if a hacked wii can run ntsc discs? Or if a burned iso is even region specific?

darkatma

Smash Hero
I have a converse question:

I can run PAL melee on my NTSC wii, but most of the time it'll be in black and white. Today I magically got it to work in color for about 4 hours, then when i was playing through all-star mode to get battlefield, the game errored and now i can't get the color to work again.. anyone know why this is the case?

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
@ darkatma

put in a burned ntsc game
go to gc backup launcher
take out ntsc game and put in the pal one
load game

this works for me and fixing black and white multi-iso disks

darkatma

Smash Hero
what timing do you take the disk out?
I just tried it and it didn't work.
Is it when you already started running the disk? Or when the melee text shows up?

also not sure what a multi-iso disk is.. do I have to burn an NTSC and PAL together to get the PAL to play in color?

edit:
nvm it works! I'm so excited :D

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
good to hear
i downloaded a "multigame iso creator" where you can fit like 4 games on a single disk. there are a few bugs some games don't work with it. It has a compatibility list somewhere
when you use the creator it assigns everything as pal for some reason even if you set it as NTSC in the program. i read that solution on some forum

Top Bottom