• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H4x Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Since it's within the scope of the smash lab to include hacking, It would be necessary to have a directory that links to all important threads relating to the topic of hacking (i.e. codes, discussion, development). I'm a little disjointed from the hacking community atm, but i plan on becoming more familiar with it as soon as i can find some good contacts to interrogate, but for now I don't know exactly where to find everything so this directory is pretty small, and more for placeholding until people show me more threads.

Brawl+ Codes & Videos
Brawl+ Agenda

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Since it's within the scope of the smash lab to include hacking, It would be necessary to have a directory that links to all important threads relating to the topic of hacking (i.e. codes, discussion, development). I'm a little disjointed from the hacking community atm, but i plan on becoming more familiar with it as soon as i can find some good contacts to interrogate, but for now I don't know exactly where to find everything so this directory is pretty small, and more for placeholding until people show me more threads.

Brawl+ Codes & Videos
Brawl+ Agenda

SCOTU

Smash Hero

Brawl+ Codes & Videos
Brawl+ Agenda

SCOTU

Smash Hero

Brawl+ Codes & Videos
Brawl+ Agenda

SCOTU

Smash Hero

Brawl+ Codes & Videos
Brawl+ Agenda

MuBa

Smash Lord
If you need help with getting the HomeBrew Channel to work feel free to ask me anything and I'll do my best to answer your questions.

I already have experience with being able to install wads, backup loaders, and also downgrading my Wii so that way Nintendo won't be able to jeopardize the HBC.

Also I believe that Brawl+ is definitely a very interesting project and a great learning experience since you'll be able to manipulate variables to see how the code functions.

MuBa

Smash Lord
If you need help with getting the HomeBrew Channel to work feel free to ask me anything and I'll do my best to answer your questions.

I already have experience with being able to install wads, backup loaders, and also downgrading my Wii so that way Nintendo won't be able to jeopardize the HBC.

Also I believe that Brawl+ is definitely a very interesting project and a great learning experience since you'll be able to manipulate variables to see how the code functions.

MuBa

Smash Lord

MuBa

Smash Lord

MuBa

Smash Lord

MuBa

Smash Lord

MuBa

Smash Lord

MuBa

Smash Lord

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
How does downgrading my Wii work? I'm interested in getting hacks (I hear you can choose which to turn on and off whenever you want, now), as well as possibly some emulation, so I'll need to roll back my Wii to previous versions.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
How does downgrading my Wii work? I'm interested in getting hacks (I hear you can choose which to turn on and off whenever you want, now), as well as possibly some emulation, so I'll need to roll back my Wii to previous versions.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero

MuBa

Smash Lord
Okay first of all I need to know what version is your Wii and if you have the HBC installed. From there I can help you out.

Heck you can get ANY Virtual Console/Wii-Ware games for free.

And yes you can choose which hacks to turn on and off. Essentially these hacks work EXACTLY the same way like a Game Shark/Action Replay/Game Genie works. All you're really doing is manipulating the hexadecimals and/or rearranging codes to get the desired effects.

Edit: You can AIM me and I'll give you the files that will be easily extracted into your SD card in their appropriate position.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Okay first of all I need to know what version is your Wii and if you have the HBC installed. From there I can help you out.

And yes you can choose which hacks to turn on and off. Essentially these hacks work EXACTLY the same way like a Game Shark/Action Replay/Game Genie works. All you're really doing is manipulating the hexadecimals and/or rearranging codes to get the desired effects.

Edit: You can AIM me and I'll give you the files that will be easily extracted into your SD card in their appropriate position.

MuBa

Smash Lord

MuBa

Smash Lord

MuBa

Smash Lord

MuBa

Smash Lord

MuBa

Smash Lord

MuBa

Smash Lord

Kirk

Smash Champion
I've much experience in Wii hacking as well. I can help out with any questions or testing if need be.

Brawl hacking definitely has potential to help out with researching. A few examples:

-It was mentioned by scotu in the character frame data thread that to find the knockback angle of an attack, one should use Jigglypuff at 999% so that gravity wouldn't be as much of a factor. One could just use the gravity modifier and set it to zero gravity, ensuring that gravity has no effect in testing whatsoever.

-One thing I used in the past was the character status modifier to make a specific character invisible. I did this when testing the differences between DDD's stale and non-stale Dthrow. Making DDD invisible made the grabee perfectly visible and very easy to tell what exactly was going on, as opposed to being hidden in DDD's massive bulk. I could see the extra hitstun to the grabee and exactly how long it lasted, frame by frame.

I'm sure there are a ton of other ways to use these Brawl hacks to our advantage...we just have to think of the best ways to use them, or perhaps even consider using them at all.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I've much experience in Wii hacking as well. I can help out with any questions or testing if need be.

Brawl hacking definitely has potential to help out with researching. A few examples:

-It was mentioned by scotu in the character frame data thread that to find the knockback angle of an attack, one should use Jigglypuff at 999% so that gravity wouldn't be as much of a factor. One could just use the gravity modifier and set it to zero gravity, ensuring that gravity has no effect in testing whatsoever.

-One thing I used in the past was the character status modifier to make a specific character invisible. I did this when testing the differences between DDD's stale and non-stale Dthrow. Making DDD invisible made the grabee perfectly visible and very easy to tell what exactly was going on, as opposed to being hidden in DDD's massive bulk. I could see the extra hitstun to the grabee and exactly how long it lasted, frame by frame.

I'm sure there are a ton of other ways to use these Brawl hacks to our advantage...we just have to think of the best ways to use them, or perhaps even consider using them at all.

Kirk

Smash Champion

Kirk

Smash Champion

Kirk

Smash Champion

Kirk

Smash Champion

Kirk

Smash Champion

Kirk

Smash Champion

MuBa

Smash Lord
You know I could be the leader of the Brawl+ project, and have leafgreen386, MookieRah, and kupo15 as part of the team. Also I'm sure the other Brawl+ members won't mind me being the ringleader since we're the only ones who actively research on what will make this game a competitive success, although I will be asking for a lot of feedback in the future from you guys too.

MuBa

Smash Lord
You know I could be the leader of the Brawl+ project, and have leafgreen386, MookieRah, and kupo15 as part of the team. Also I'm sure the other Brawl+ members won't mind me being the ringleader since we're the only ones who actively research on what will make this game a competitive success, although I will be asking for a lot of feedback in the future from you guys too.

MuBa

Smash Lord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom