• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H.o.g 10

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

BRING SETUPS

Saturday, APRIL 21st , 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut

If you need to contact myself or the venue use either of the following numbers:
Swift- 203.864.0227

GET 20% OF AN YOU SUBWAY PURCHAES(SUBWAY NEXT DOOR ONLY) WHEN YOU PAY VENUE FEE ALL DAY AND NIGHT
!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

The Hall of gaming is a reincarnation of Digital Mayhem and is co-ran by one of the long time smash community member DMmike who basically helped in the start of the esticle series. Hall of Gaming is in a new location in Wallingford, Connecticut (Pretty much near the middle of the state).

NOTES:
Seeing that I can predict attendance I will be pre seeding and everything before the event starts I will have pools partially made. I recommend showing up early if you can(most of you usually get there before me) for I will be filling in the pools the second I walk in.

If you in a pool with me, you will not be playing right away. My pool is always the delayed pool for this gives me time to RUN THE TOURNEY and all of that good stuff.(all also eat). As the other pools play and finish my pool will begin. The time between the start off all other pools and my pool should be your time to get food or whatever. The people who finish pools(that arent mine) will have to wait for my pool and between that time and bracket should be your lunch time.

Stage clarification added see below...

'Like' Hall of Gaming on Facebook for updates on all their tournaments!
https://www.facebook.com/HallofGaming

220 North Colony Street, Suite A
Wallingford, CT 06492

SCHEDULE:
11:00am - Venue opens
11:30am - Doubles sign ups
12:30pm - Doubles sign ups end and seeding begins, any last minute sign ups happen now.
1pm - Doubles starts
2pm - Singles sign ups begin
3:30pm - Singles sign ups end and pool seeding begins.
4pm - Pools begin
11pm - Venue closes​

• Breaks for lunch of course are apparent but depend on size of tourney.
• The schedule is to serve as a general guideline.

ENTRY FEES AND PRIZES:
(All prizes will be paid in love)
Venue fee - $5 per entrant
Singles - $10 per entrant
Doubles - $10 per team / $5 per person
Prize Pool for doubles - 1st/2nd/3rd - 55%/30%/15%
Prize Pool for Pro bracket - 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th/5th - 48%/22%/14%/8%/4%/4%
Prize Pool for Amateur bracket(if applicable) - 1st/2nd/3rd - 60%/30%/10%

April fools 4 stocks pools!

POOLS:
They are to be standard and adjusted given the turnout. Tie breakers will be broken as follows:
1. Set Win-Loss ratio
2. Match Win-Loss ratio
3. Head to Head
Singles Stage List

Starters/Neutrals:

Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land
Counterpick:

Pokemon Stadium
Doubles Stage List

Starters/Neutrals:

Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land
Counterpick:

DK 64
General Rules

Items are set to off
Stock and time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively
Wobbling is banned
Double Blind: If elected
Contest Port Priority: If elected
Neutral Start: If elected
DSR Modified will be used
Gentleman’s Clause
Forced Character Selection: Off
Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count. A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on. This includes the first match won via stage striking.
Pausing the game shall only be legal while either player remains upon their OWN respawn platform, and only for the purpose of summoning a tournament official or in the case of a controller malfunction. All other pauses will incur a stock loss to the player who pauses the game.
Any coaching that happens during the match (but not in between matches) is restricted. Players who violate this rule will receive a warning (BOTH the player AND the person coaching the player) on the first attempt. Players who violate this rule after a warning will be disqualified from the event and a possible ejection from the venue.
Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:
If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner.
Additional Rules for Teams Play

Team Attack: ON
Life Stealing is allowed
If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.
How to Play a Set

Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind
Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage
The players play the first match of the set
Prior to starting this match, either player may elect to Contest Port Priority or Neutral Start. Note: Only one of these two may be used, as both have a built in Port Selection mechanism using RPS. If there is a situation where a player would like to change which option they elected after playing the game of RPS, it is the opponent’s choice to allow it. The results from the previously played game of RPS will carry over.
Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.
The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a
Neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick.
The next match is played.
Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
Term Definitions

Double Blind: Either player may request that a double blind selection occur. In this situation, a 3rd party should be told, in secret, each of player’s choices for the first round. Both players are to then select their first round character, with the 3rd party validating that the character selected is the same as their word.
Contest Port Priority: If an agreement cannot be made as to who gets what port, the players may enact a best of 1 game of Rock Paper Scissors. Winner gets their port selection, loser selects any other port.
Neutral Start: Either player may enact this rule. Once enacted, both players may only use one of the two “Neutral Starting Positions”. A best of one game of Rock Paper Scissors may be used to determine who gets the higher port. If one player elects to Contest Port Priority and the other elects to Neutral Start, Neutral Start takes priority.
Singles:
Stage Port 1 Port 2 Port 3 Port 4
FD * *
FoD * *
YS * *
DL * *
BF * *
PS * *
Doubles:

Stage Port 1 Port 2 Port 3 Port 4
FD Team A Team B Team A Team B
PS Team A Team B Team B Team A
BF Team A Team B Team B Team A
YS Team A Team B Team B Team A
DL Team A Team B Team B Team A
DSR Modified: A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on. This includes the first match won via stage striking.
Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR.
Forced Character Selection: The losing player once had the option to select Random Stage as their counterpick and remove the option to change characters from the winner of the previous round. This is no longer legal. If a player wishes to select Random Stage as their counterpick, the winner of the previous round may choose to change their character.
Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter/Neutral list until there is one stage remaining.
Players strike stages in this order:
Strike Player 1 Player 2
Strike 1 *
Strike 2 *
Strike 3 *
Strike 4 *

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
^this

If there's anything I learned as a TO its don't do something so strange and old that it could alienate players. (Being stubborn it took me a bit to learn this lesson. All you Corneria and Mute City haters can burn. <3)
3 stocks will be shorter, but also consider that those who lose in a 3 stock match could have been just starting to "pick up steam" and were preparing for a comeback.

If you're going to make a change to a tournament that is unorthodox/minimally tested it should, if anything, increase play time for all players - not decrease it.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
last hog everything ran nice and smooth, pools ussually take their time, but as long as we have plenty of set-ups i dont see why we'd have to change them to 3 stocks. Unless of course you want to run a side event or something and need the extra time. That being said im fine with whatever as long as theirs a good reason for the change ;)

Proskater

Smash Apprentice
Instead of doing the main tournament with three stocks, why don't we do an optional single elim $1 bracket afterward with 3 stocks. This way we can test it out with a bracket, and still do our normal tourney.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ay Swiftbass do you have the .tio files for the previous Hall of Gaming tourneys? It's for the ssbpd.

Top Bottom