• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Guys, um, is Lucario gonna be banned for being OP now?" jk, jk. Lucario's Extremespeed (Up special)

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
It seems that extremespeed does damage this time. It was shown when Mega Lucario used it against Wii Fit Trainer.
Now if that's an effect of the Megaevo or he now deals damage by default with that move has yet to be seen. If you ask me, it was about time you could attack with it.

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
I agree with this statement because since he is a representative of the Pkmn games. Then all moves should at least do some form of what they do in the games. Also like how this increases his options for getting back on stage and causing damage which will make his game a little more extensive. Good job Sakurai.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I agree with this statement because since he is a representative of the Pkmn games. Then all moves should at least do some form of what they do in the games. Also like how this increases his options for getting back on stage and causing damage which will make his game a little more extensive. Good job Sakurai.
I hope this means that rest heals you a little

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
I wouldn't worry gents, when I get my hands on Mewtwo " the strongest pokemon of them all" we'll see that Lucario would only need more help (buffs) as a character. I'll wipe the floor with you Lucario players xD. We'll put on some epic pkmn battle music and duke it out pkmn style.
I'm really looking forward to seeing Mewtwo(if he's in) vs Lucario matchups, they'll be the most epic dual pair in the game.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Now that I think about it, this is definitely going to make Lucario a terror in longer matches, because his recovery will be more and more difficult to stop, and now it does damage, and he's gotten more powerful in general it seems.

Scary. Now we just need to see if it's just the mega evo that affects the damage on ES.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
No, Lucario won't be OP.
I can still see him getting weak when in the lead. In Brawl his Power was "Vice Versa" when he was winning in Brawl and if it works the same he'll even more weaker when he has the % and stock leads.

Last edited:

ChillySundance

Smash Apprentice
For anyone who doesn't know how this works yet, the hitbox on extremespeed comes out at the end of the attack, right when Lucario stops, or I think when it's driven into the ground. You really have to know the range of extremespeed and how it changes depending on your aura level, but extremespeed is a better mobility move in general now, so just go ahead and spam it. I saw a lucario in stream who was using it to reposition themselves aggressively and it worked surprisingly well.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
So.... Can we still try turning around directly in midair (right over the ground) like in Brawl to stop it? Otherwise we gotta think about how the heck we wont self-destruct. Lol.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
If you fly directly into the stage, as in vertically down into it, I'm guessing you'll stop. If you come at it from a 45 degree angle you'll probably keep going. I don't have the game, this is just speculation.

Top Bottom