• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gunz: The Dual

Rwing_Wurm_Champ

Smash Journeyman
Welcome, Rwing_Wurm_Champ.
You last visited: 05-17-2005 at 12:40 PM
Private Messages: 0 Unread, Total 66.

*wipes forehead, man --has it been that long--good to be back just only for alittle while I suppose?! :ohwell: *

So, as the title implies this topic is about the one and only "Gunz: The Dual" a korean based game, if you can read and understand Korean dialect there is already a site posted up. ...The one I happen to be playing is the "International beta version". So, far I have been enjoying playing this game....there are some drawbacks (come on its a beta of course there's drawbacks involved) the ping is somewhat irritable after playing it for sometime, the higher the level you go.

Here's the synopsis of the game: Synopsis

Astra Continent, Age of Adventure

This is the Astra Continent, the world of fantasy, where a strong push toward modernization followed Industrial Cataclysm.

50 years on from the end of the war between the Republic and the Empire, the age of adventure has arrived. Adventurers, treasure hunters and bounty hunters cross the border between the Empire and the Republic.

It is up to you to face the notorious outlaws and bounty hunters in battle, spy on your enemies and other adventurers, who wander around the world testing their strengths and powers. It is up to you whether you decide to compete and fight against them, or join hands to help them.

You must now set foot on your journey as an adventurer - keep watch for the secret treasures handed down from generation to generation from the ancient times, they may aid you in your quest.

However, be warned! This adventure comes not without risk - and you never know what surreal existances you may encounter on your path!

GunZ The Duel: International Edition Beta (approx. 132MB, 08/18/2005 updated)

Code:
System Requirements

Before downloading and installing GunZ, please ensure your system specifications meet or exceed the following. Your computer must meet these minimum requirements in order to play GunZ.

Minimum Requirements Recommended Requirements 
OS Windows 98, Windows XP, Windows 2000 
DirectX DirectX 9.0c or above 
CPU Pentium III 500 Mhz Pentium III 800 Mhz or faster 
Memory 256 MB 512 MB or above 
Graphics Card Direct3D 9.0 Compatible(Riva TNT) GeForce 4 MX or faster 
Sound Card Direct3DSound Compatible 
Mouse Windows Compatible(Wheel Mouse recommended) 

* GunZ does not support GamePads or JoySticks.
* When operating the game on a PC with the minimum specifications, make sure you set the resolution is set to the lowest. (640x480, 16bit color)

Forums to join that strictly talks about gunz, how to make a runnable etc.
(Must have at least some form of understanding with C+, ASM, and others)
http://forums.digitallyevolved.net
http://www.mpcforum.com/
http://www.robotex.altervista.org/phpBB2/faq.php
http://downhillbattle.org/comment/reply/527/19690
http://110020.info/gunz/online-hack/

Zelse

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, easy levels in the game if you have more mentality than a rock. Learn to slashshoot and butterfly, to make those submachinegun spamming newbies cry.

cairne13

Smash Cadet
Yeah, this game is pretty good, but all I ever fight are people using the dual SMG's. It's pretty sad that people pick that just because of the SMG's. I prefer my Assassin character personally. How long do you think it'll take for the International version to match its Korean counterpart?

Rwing_Wurm_Champ

Smash Journeyman
You know, I have no idea Cairne13?!?!
...Its been rather hectic for me this past few weeks and I haven't been on the GUNZ forum in quite awhile, so I do not know much about it to answer your question.

Zelse, thanks for pointing that out, "slashshoot and butterfly", it has saved me alot of times especially playing the map "mansion" and, "gladiator arena"! :laugh:

I play as an assasin as well, Cairne13 and the names "Gunbatu-chan", she's a level 15! (Only for now until I am able to play online again) Yeah, it was pretty bad, in the beginning was getting pawned by people with dual smg's. Now, I love watching them dash away after wasting a clip or 2 I have blocked with my military sword. Then kill them. I'm just glad you can't shoot people through the walls like in Counter Strike.

Is anyone in a clan?

KyUuKyUu

Smash Ace
Hopefully far away from anybody who wants to know
I'm level 23, Exifer, Server 4. The spraying noobs really piss me off, especially in that new Berserker mode because once they random-spray and kill someone and get Berserker, they're practically unstoppable...

Anyways, I butterfly/Slashshot/all that crap. I'm okay at it, I guess, but nothing compared to a lot of people =/ Kinda bored of this game so I only play once in awhile in 1v1s with friends.

:EDIT:

The beginning jobs mean nothing, just the weapons you start with. I use Lightweight Sword/Breaker 6/level 15 Rocket Launcher (forgot its name)

AmishTechnology

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KIMPHIE
You guys do know why you get 999 ping sometimes, right? It's something about the ports. There was a serious topic way back ago telling how GunZ was very insecure, and that you possibly could get hacked through. The game is totally client-sided rather than server-sided, which causes the 999 ping problem. This means you share your information with other computers, leading to possible problems.

Rwing_Wurm_Champ

Smash Journeyman
KyUuKyUu -****, that is nice even the name of your character is bad *** lol, "Exifer"...hm, names sound familiar especially since you say that you play on server 4 also haven't the displeasure in being familiar with this, "berserker mode", everyone keeps mentioning about where I created another thread discussing the Gunz gameon another forum. Practically word for word a similar discussion came up with the same distaste and anger towards this new um, add on to GUNZ game. Very, unfortunate for me without internet for the past 2 months.

-Vidjogamer I recommend this wholeheartedly, tho again this is only a beta so please do not be turned off by the game if you find unmerciful amounts or lag, glitch, etc. Again, the game is fun! All depends on your view, taste, and interest.

-Amish technology sorry but I had no idea that the 999 ping thing was due to that. My God, no wonder my firewall would act up whenever the game would load.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
berserker mode is activated when you get to a certain lvl i believe.

im pretty sure i know how to do some of the techniques but could someone describe them anyway (the butterfly and whatever else is important).

Rwing_Wurm_Champ

Smash Journeyman
Ooo, sorry been awhile; ****, could school-drag on anymore?????
I mean literally, been a month and half since I posted well whatever here's the news...
I saved a whole bunch of money by switching to "Geico"!

shiekfreak

Smash Journeyman
iam lvl 38 , the game is simple. exept when u start playing gm's and lvled 40-45 people they r like untouchable sometimes.... anyway find me.. RawGuy

Rwing_Wurm_Champ

Smash Journeyman
:mad: Ah, hell! People are like leveling up more then me --Grr!
No matter; buying and building a whole new computer from scratch so it's only temporary. :laugh:
PH332 ME!

p.s. I know, I already asked this question so throwing it out there again.
"Is, anyone! In a Gunz clan? Name and channel you be representing from?

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I'm BikeLee level 23 and part of the clan "DeiTies" which is mostly smashers. eet is part of it too :)

Rwing_Wurm_Champ

Smash Journeyman
Well, now isn't this interesting? A minute ago this thread was covered in cobwebs; *lol* now it's active since my return. This feels wonderful, since I finally have time to screw around..."In-A-Competive mood" now...
Oh, for those who came back to post, thank you, but now you have to pheer me: Re-installing Gunz-Online. Prepare to be slaughered.

Evil Peach? I'm curious aren't you a member of DA? Remembered you in WA (wolf assassins) thread in melee discussions way back!
What's even more funnier I remember playing against you as well... :laugh: this is so, crazy --what channel do you normally play in?

Rwing_Wurm_Champ

Smash Journeyman
Gunz updated it's server rather recently, so now 'most' runnables previously created no longer funtion properly anymore. GunZ Programmers set it up where if you're using hax-runnables, a tracker finds that users account then delete it PERMANENTLY.

How do you feel about this?

Rwing_Wurm_Champ

Smash Journeyman
EVIL_Peach18 said:
I'm BikeLee level 23 and part of the clan "DeiTies" which is mostly smashers. eet is part of it too :)
Was looking for you guys to play against all day yesterday, not much luck...what time and days do your clan play GunZ Peach?

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
oh, my account got wiped T_T

so i use my bros and its Smurder

you guys should go to server 3 and private ch "NAHF" or smash, we usually get alot of peeps from here that play :)

Rwing_Wurm_Champ

Smash Journeyman
A'ight ready to rock, laugh, and own...
O wait, <3 is on server 5 dang let me go see if <3 will wanna go to sever 3 to play against you guys. brb!

edit: Sent 'em a pm stating I was ready to play...hopefully, lessthenthree hasn't logged off his/her computer and turned in for the night. :laugh:

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
You're PM box is full... I'll come to server there and play with you there in a few something came up I have to attend to.

Rwing_Wurm_Champ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, about that...seems I had over 70 messages either sent or recieved in my pm! But I was, able to compensate for that mistake by setting up a date with Evil Peach to play tomorrow @ 10 p.m. on his/her clan server.
That okay? Would you be able to play that day and time? Today was just a bad day to hook up we were to busy being distracted by other activities that required our uttermost attention. :laugh:

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
I play this game but I'm kind of bad at it >_<

Usually server 3-4

Characters:
Mach-6 lvl 33 or something
Frictionless lvl 10 or something

Rwing_Wurm_Champ

Smash Journeyman
Was last here 1-05-06

Welcome, welcome metaknight and sorry for the late reply.
Well can't leave here with just this alone, so, here:
Gunbatuchan666 said:
God I miss killing and taking pics!
Gunbatuchan666 said:
Remember what I said about when I get back online...where here's alittle reminder!

Heres what I'm bringing to this room:
-Stay tune for my Pics
-(still trying to figure the 'recording' situation) Records of my combat compressed, uploaded and easily available for all to download/view
-music I liked to listen to before playing
- And brag rights from me after having owned Manwithrice, God of death, ND and of course ryoko...and then everyone else who thinks got game; nuff said!

There they are: Meh Piccies!

Yea, this is me at rookie stage LV.2 byotches!

Level 3: One last minute of heaven before plummeting downward to chaos, bloodshed, and war!! --God I'm moist from excitement!

Is this not the sexxiest-smexxiest *** you've ever seen on a CGI like me? *laughs*

Do, you see this people, nerves of steel: Look lower right hand side, as *** is fire 2 smg's while I calmly take snapshots of all my victims. Lol

This one I was abit too blabby...but whatevers.

Yeah, this host server was badly lagging!

*beep* who told you, you could turn your *** to run-away from a Gun fight?!!?

k386: "LOKO" me...muay Loko?! Gunbatuchan: "Come get some!"
Guess who won dagger girl or slong-wielding-white-milly-vanilly?

Slong-wielding-white-Milly-Vanilly *Laughs*

Karma...Thou art fair!

Russell Crow, eat your heart out! *Laughs* A new *beep* in the mix! "Um, hey stupid behind you, hello I'm over hear ya smuck!" *sigh --kills him from the back*

Do you see that, snake has nothing on me when I'm invisible. [Que in Kenshinsepiroth]

This is a new character I created.

****, truck...

Some how I never realized being nearly have naked and playing as a guy character gunning down people... was so...masculine? >.< lol she's off her rocker folks!

Keeany Reeves has nothing on me....All in my white Tee looking purdy as can be! *Laughs*

I have never had a more awsome time then when I'm sword fighting!

Last year was crazy. Now here for your distasteful viewing pleasure!
http://rapidshare.de/files/12707409/Screenshots.exe.html
Replays:*Must have GunZ game to beable to view entire replays*.
http://rapidshare.de/files/12708318/Replay.exe.html

Rwing_Wurm_Champ

Smash Journeyman
GunZ forum has been shutdown and undergoing re-construction at the moment. I'm not quite sure, but, assuming from what's been circulating on other forum boards it has been the work of lameoid ignorant wannabe hackers! Giving the rest of us a really, really, bad image which makes me angry really... :mad:
Stay tuned for more news.

F@$t2

Banned via Administration
yes this game was fairly fun but turns out the exe is a trojan
aparantly the developers havent done anything about it yet.

Talim-Taki-soup

Smash Cadet
F@$t2 said:
yes this game was fairly fun but turns out the exe is a trojan
aparantly the developers havent done anything about it yet.
I sir would like to know where you get this absurd information from?

Rwing_Wurm_Champ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah tell me where F@$t2?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update!!!!!
Omfg, *squeals* after spending some time screwing around doing my own thing found this from a "so-so" reliable source. Get this peepz; new maps for GunZ.

BAM!!!!! LOOK AND BE IN AWE ~weenies!

Not satisfied?
BAM!!!! LOOK THEN SQUEAL LIKE A STUCK PIG; VIOLATED ON THANKSGIVING

What! Still not satified??! !

Wait...wait...g2catch my breath...excitement...*passesout*

Expect more; nuff said!

ShortAssassin

Smash Journeyman
I've been at 0% for Torrenting Files for half an hour now. Did it take a while for everyone?

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm so old school I was playing this game back when those who played it spelled "duel" correctly.

Top Bottom