• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gunner Style Discussion

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
There appears to be options for changing the appearance of the arm cannon. I hope there's a NES or Wii Zapper option, then I can finally have Captain N in SSB!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Gunner looks like my favorite. He has lots of LaEZaHs and a few melee attacks to boot. His LaEZaHs look very diverse and cool. His melee attack (I only saw one) looks good enough for me. This one is just my favorite. I will post a move-set analysis tomorrow cause my parents are yelling at me to go read or something instead of sitting at the computer all night and they are getting very angry.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I am going to use that Cowboy suit. Mii Gunner's definitley gonna be my main.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm hoping for a magic version of the gunner arm.

Morbi

Scavenger
The Mii Gunner is my personal favorite, Samus' d-tilt was one of my favorite moves, so I suppose it is okay that the Mii Gunner borrows something reminiscent of that. The u-air, or at least what I presume to be the u-air is probably going to be one of my new favorite moves. I am going to "main" this variant myself.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My mii is totally going to be a cowboy

I did NOT notice that revolver arm cannon

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I feel like the gunner mii is emulating Mega Man more so than Samus, at least from what I've seen in the videos so far. I'm looking forward to experimenting with the miis and playing around with their styles.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The man in black fled across the desert, and my gunner-mii followed.

Standard non-cowboy version reminds me a bit of the Dark Samus Assist.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
OK. Here Goes:
Neutral Specials: --Fabulous Charge Shot- A Green And Magenta And Yellow And Blue Version Of Charge Shot From Samus
--64 Caliber Lazer Plasma- A Rapid-Fire Move That Fires Shots Resembling The Lazer Gun Shots. Appears More Powerful Like Its 64 Incarnation. May Either Deal Lots Of Damage Or None (Like Fox).
--Mega-Style Lazer Blast: Briefly Seen In Trailer. A Blue And Purple Mega Man-Like Generic Lazer Blast. Probably At Least Considerable Knockback And Medium Damage.
Over Specials: --Searing Gatling Gun Of Freaking Doom- A Move That Appears To Fire Multiple Shots In One Button Press Followed Up With A Powerful Finisher (Like A Ranged Version Of The Down Special From Brawler Mii). Appears To Be Able to Be Angled Up.
-- Spark Of Din-A Move That Looks Like The Over-B For Zelda. Press The Input Once To Fire A Spark. Then Either Release Or Press Again To Cause A Chain Explosion. May Either Hit Once Or Several Times.
-- Megabuster Missile-A Move Where A Missile Seemingly Identical To The Version Samus Uses. It Has A More Cartoony Mega Man-Like Design.
--Metal Gear Grenade--(See Below)
Down Specials: --Searing Gatling Gun Of Freaking Doom-(See Above)
--Metal Gear Grenade-A Grenade That Appears To Function Like The Version Used By Snake. It Has Nearly 45 Degree Angle Strong Knockback. Much Bigger Than The One Used By Snake And White As Well (Overall More Cartoony).
--Wild Fire Frenzy-A Blast Of Fire Straight Down That Appears To Have A Fan-Like Coverage. May Propel You Upward Or Could Be Down Aerial.
Up Specials: --Jet Powered Wonderful Punch--A Move Where The Mii Blasts Itself Skyward With Its Arm Blaster And Uppercuts At The Same Time. At Least Moderate Knockback And Damage. Similar to Super Jump Punch.
--Wild Fire Frenzy-(See Above).
Final Smash: --DNLAZER-A Move Similar To Zero Lazer. High Mobility And Slight Gravity On Mii When Used In Air. Presumably Fires From Where Used. Slightly Resembles DNA Strand (Double Helix [Sorta] Revolves Around Large Beam) Hence The Name DNLAZER.

Have Fun!!!

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
So, Up-B analysis time, from left to right.

We have the first, where the gunner her body twists, firing the cannon downward while holding a fist upward for a punch. It will definitely have a hitbox on the uppercut portion, but what about the laser portion? Could its hitbox be used for anything? Unlike special two, it doesn't look to be leaving the gun (this is more a presumption, but I believe a valid one considering that the move is most likely already in the 'attack' portion with the fist raised, so if it had a projectile, I think it would be fired already). I imagine that the laser stays 'in' the gun until the attack finishes, and then vanishes. You'll also notice that she has a 'cone of wind' around her, which could represent speed.

Next is the second. The gunner uses his off hand to steady his cannon, and fires a stream downwards. I imagine the hit box will be pretty vertical, and won't include any part of him. This'll weaken his ability to face edge guarders. To compensate, I imagine this one will have more distance and/or speed, just in general be one of those recoveries which would be good if your opponent isn't in a position to edgeguard. Notice those sharp lines around him, something I also take to represent speed.

The third gave me some trouble analyzing. I couldn't understand what it was, or its function until I took a closer look at the others. The gunner has his cannon downward and arm thrown in the air sloppily. All you can see below him is smoke, and a hint of flame. Now, what I picture is a single big explosion, which causes that mass of smoke. I imagine this'll be the worst move for recovering but also have the most utility in a straight fight. Why do I think it'll be bad for recovering? Remember me pointing out that the other specials had visual indicators for movement (the cone and lines)? This one doesn't. I doubt the special doesn't move him at all, but not enough for him to have those/for them to give him those effects. And, why for utility? Because it makes sense given how worthless it'll be while recovering.

Tl;dr The first is the middle ground between general utility and recovering, the second is better for recovering with less average utility, the third is poor for recovering but has the most utility 'in battle' to make up for it.

Last edited:

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
The Mii gunner might be difficult for me to use, based on the fact that I usually have a hard time with mostly range characters. I'm a guy to go for the "moderately in your face but not too in your face" (MIYFBNTIYF for short) characters, this could be a challenge for me. A challenge I will be happy to attack, but from the looks of it I won't be maining this variant.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
The gunner seems like the most unique to me. Swords and fist fighters have been done to death, but pure ranged characters aren't really there in smash bros. Mega man is close, but he still has melee moves. The gunner is more unique than the other two. Not to say that they aren't cool too, the sword guy has more weapons and the brawler has good looking combos, but gunner stands out.

It's gotta feel good just camping people all day, like in that scene with the box :chuckle:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Personally, I'm not gonna stick to one or the other with the Mii Fighters. All I need is speed and aerial mobility and all three have those. Unless I can make a Clone Trooper or something. Actually, I could maybe possibly make my Metroid OC.........

People, let the OCs unleash.

(And just in case anyone doesn't know what exactly I mean, OCs are Original Characters for a series made up by someone. Just throwing that out here in case someone confuses it with another, similar two-letter abreviation.)

Zachary the Master

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1177-7152-1947
Mii Gunner now shares most wanted in ssb4 roster with megaman. Ive always fought more with rapid fire projectiles than melee attacks. I rack up damage with projectiles and wrap it up with a SMAAAAAAAAAASH!!! If you can find out what im referencing, great! The Mii gunner looks perfect for my style, and having a Zero LAZOR knockoff is perfect, Samus only has two projectiles, but I LOVE my zero Lazor!

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
So, Up-B analysis time, from left to right.

Next is the second. The gunner uses his off hand to steady his cannon, and fires a stream downwards. I imagine the hit box will be pretty vertical, and won't include any part of him. This'll weaken his ability to face edge guarders. To compensate, I imagine this one will have more distance and/or speed, just in general be one of those recoveries which would be good if your opponent isn't in a position to edgeguard. Notice those sharp lines around him, something I also take to represent speed.
cs.jpg

Cave Story, just saying.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
This is going to be a difficult style to match to characters. I really can't think of anyone other than an Inkling from Splatoon (and even then I don't know if any of the moves will fit), FILSAMECH, and The Player from Retro City Rampage.

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah and here I thought it was a special move. I guess Megaman has some competition for longest side smash now. My question is if charging will affect the range? Also the gunners Up-air is even more insane. the range on that is nuts.
Maybe charging increases the duration of discharge, and only the last hit has launch power.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Wow, the Mii Gunner's Side Smash has gigantic range!
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKl2LeJ6xg
Yup. I don't know how I feel about the range, though. I mean, not the range, per se, but the fact that it's a projectile. Not cool. I think projectiles should stick to special moves. First, Mega Man's side smash, then Mii Gunner's U-Air and side smash, not to mention Snake's up smash and one of Olimar's smashes in Brawl and maybe SSB4. Palutena's up smash is fine, I guess, since it's not really a projectile. Same for Heavenly Light, but I think that's a special, so it's 100% fine. Pretty much how I feel right now:
upload_2014-7-8_9-37-2.png

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Yup. I don't know how I feel about the range, though. I mean, not the range, per se, but the fact that it's a projectile. Not cool. I think projectiles should stick to special moves. First, Mega Man's side smash, then Mii Gunner's U-Air and side smash, not to mention Snake's up smash and one of Olimar's smashes in Brawl and maybe SSB4. Palutena's up smash is fine, I guess, since it's not really a projectile. Same for Heavenly Light, but I think that's a special, so it's 100% fine. Pretty much how I feel right now:
View attachment 17752
Projectile or Not, Palutena's Up-Smash is Broken. That not only will be the Uber Edge-Guarding tool (and will probably kill them if they get hit by it, straight to the skybox), but it'll make people who try an Ariel Assault completely worthless.
:4palutena: = :metaknight:

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
What do you guys think the Gunner's A-combo will be like? The usual punch/kick arrangement, or a projectile ala Megaman?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Projectile or Not, Palutena's Up-Smash is Broken. That not only will be the Uber Edge-Guarding tool (and will probably kill them if they get hit by it, straight to the skybox), but it'll make people who try an Ariel Assault completely worthless.
:4palutena: = :metaknight:
I'm pretty sure it'll have low attack power.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Will play it as a secondary if theres a Magic-"Cannon" option, if not i'll search me sth different (eg palutena) to go with Robin and possibly one close range only fighter.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Gunner's Final Smash is awesome. It looks like it could cover a stupid amount of range and it can be a death sentence on floaty maps like Prism Tower.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
What do you guys think the Gunner's A-combo will be like? The usual punch/kick arrangement, or a projectile ala Megaman?
If you rewatch the Miis footage during the first ten minutes of the Digital Event, you'll get to spot it.

I am personnally hyped for Mii Gunner, probably going to make it my main.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
In the Samus/Meta Knight Mii picture, does it not look like the Gunner (Samus) has an energy blade of some kind?

Does anyone know what move this is?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
In the Samus/Meta Knight Mii picture, does it not look like the Gunner (Samus) has an energy blade of some kind?

Does anyone know what move this is?
Samus's Lookalike is actually also a Swordfighter. We've seen that sword before.

----

EDIT FOR THE SAKE OF NOT DOUBLEPOSTING

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Mii Gunner Official Special Move names according to Smash 4 demo:

Mii Gunner

Neutral 1: Charge Blast (Similiar to Samus Neutral B)
Neutral 2: Laser Blaze (Similiar to Fox Neutral B)
Neutral 3: Grenade Launch
Side 1: Flame Pillar (Similiar to Ness Side B)
Side 2: Stealth Burst (Similiar to Zelda Side B)
Side 3: Gunner Missile (Similiar to Samus Side B)
Up 1: Lunar Launch
Up 2: Cannon Uppercut
Up 3: Arm Rocket
Down 1: Echo Reflector (Similiar to Fox Down B)
Down 2: Bomb Drop (Similiar to Samus Down B)
Down 3: Absorbing Vortex (Similiar to Ness Down B)

I'll note that this is from the PAL demo, so names may be different from the US demo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom