• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gundam, Anyone?

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Anyone other than me a fan of Gundam here? If so, whats your favorite series? I like Chars Counterattack, 0083 Stardust memory, and Mobile Suit Gundam the most. Talk about it here.

EDIT: I just realized this goes in Media Metropolis, my apologies.

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
My favourite Gundam is Wing just because Heero was so totally awesome and because it was the first REAL anime I watched (Pokemon and Digimon dont count :p). Second would probably be Seed, although I'm not finished Destiny.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Gundam Seed was my favorite, although I haven't watced the older ones for a long time... I thought destiny was okay, but I liked seed better.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I like Gundam, though I haven't seen many of the series. What's the current consensus on the new series, 00?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
I like Gundam, though I haven't seen many of the series. What's the current consensus on the new series, 00?
yeah the new gundam is Gundam 00 which will be split into 2 seasons. first 25 episodes this year and followed by another 25 episodes in October 2008. something like that i read it somewhere. i think it was the animenewsnetwork.

i don't really have a favorite but there i like most of them cause some had good storyline, such as wing, g gundam, and the seed series.

i haven't started on the 00 series yet but will when i go home on the winter break.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Gundam Wing was pretty freakin sweet. And then when Endless Waltz came out, it was just epic.
I think Gundam 00 is taking a more realistic approach. They're keeping the AD timeline and project how the issues of fossil fuel scarcity will divide the world. The gundams themselves are awesome too. Dynames + haro ftw.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
I'm currently watching 00, but I've seen Wing, Seed, Seed Destiny, and some of G-Gundam. I thought most of them were pretty good, except for destiny, destiny blew. It just seemed like a rehash of seed with new characters, and too may flashbacks.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Wing was great. SD was ********, and SEED wasen't as deep as the rest of them, but it wasen't that bad. I used to watch G Gundam, and I've never watched 00. How is it?

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Yeah, they stopped showing it in America for all I know. Probably didn't sell as well as they wished, or something. I don't know. It's ********.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I have watched the original Mobile Suit Gundam(every episode), 08 MS Team(every episode), War in the Pocket(every episode), Stardust Memory(every ep.), G-Gundam(every ep.), Gundam Wing(every episode), Gundam Seed(parts because I disliked seed). I also own and seen Endless Waltz and Char's Counterattack. I have wanted to see Zeta Gundam and Double Zeta Gundam as well as Turn-A Gundam. I might try 00 Gundam if I can find any eps online.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Awesome. I think Char's Counterattack was the best movie, but it's overlooked almost all the time. I have the DVD and Mobile Suit Gundam 5 DVD set, those will probably remain my favorites. I disliked SEED.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Yeah, considering they were still alive and they didn't include them in whatsoever. That was a little messed up.

The Sazabi was very underrated, too. The final battle, he was defeated when Char's "woman" buzzed in when they were talking, and it was from behind.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
I'm a pretty big UC fan, although I am partial to the first Gundam I ever saw: Stardust Memory. Nothing beats the GP01 guys... the GP01 design had the perfect mix of classic and contemporary.
I hear ya, man. 0083 and Stardust Memory were great. One of my favorite suits is from stardust memory, the GP-02A Physalis.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I love Gundam, haven't watched any of it for a while. But I have/had some Gundam models which I loved to do...

-Onyx

HalfPj

Smash Cadet
I like watching Gundam Wing, G Gundam, and Gundam Seed. I like Gundam Wing the most because I like Heero's personality and his mobile suit, Wing Zero. Oh yeah, I also liked the opening (both original and the toonami version) and the ending (the english version) were great.

courte

Smash Lord
G Gundam is my one and only, and because that's how I get down

I.E. don't care about any of the other, i have no problem with SD :CHUCKLE:

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
The only Gundam that I ever watched was G Gundam.

And it was awesome. Opening song got stuck in my head for years. :laugh:

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
anyone catch Gundam 00 ep 18? that was an unexpectantly darker turn in the series.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well the other day I decided to rewatch some old shows I either never finished or never started. I downloaded G-Gundam and Gundam Wing, and wow these shows were good. Much better than the garbage we have now. (SandTiger summed up SD Gundam pretty well IMO).

Top Bottom