• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gun 'em Down: The Gun's King Dedede

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
Enjoy!

Tournament Matches

UCA Anime Club Fundraiser Tournament

The Gun (King Dedede) vs. Ninja (Falco) 1/3
I think this is round three, or something. Anyway, it's just the one video. The person recording didn't know how to... start recording. So it's just that one.
Pretty alright match.

YOSH (Yoshi) vs. Steven (Game and Watch) Grand Finals 1/5
I'm obviously not in this one, but it's worth watching. My crewmate YOSH vs. the reigning champ Steven.

YOSH (Yoshi) vs. Steven (Meta Knight and Kirby) Grand Finals 2/5 and 3/5
Same here, good fights.

Side note on Steven:
This guy's crazy. He's one of those few who main all 39 characters, and he's very good with most or all of them. He knows basically all of their individual advanced techniques and fighting styles.
However, he doesn't always seem to pick which character he uses based on the character's matchup with another. He often selects his character based on how he feels with that character and how he feels about his opponent's fighting style.
Just to make the point clear, he's GOOD.

Friendlies

These are generally 1-of-1's, so there's not much drama involved. Just fun and good practice.

Vs. Johrune

Johr is a Fox main, and a good one. He's fast, and he punishes any mistakes HARD. If I recall correctly, the matchup is supposed to be 50:50, but it seems much harder for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edK4gqhFhrM&feature=channel_page
This game is full of silliness, mistakes, and a ****load of johns from yours truly.
It's great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq3A0qPI9n4&feature=channel
Not much to say here. Just an alright match.

Vs. Ninja, the nameless/name-stealing wonder

Ninja (who doesn't use a name/uses whatever name is already there) is, I would say, the best Brawler out of my little crew. It seems like he wins the most consistantly against any of us. He mains pretty much all of top and high tier, and plays whatever he feels like playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jzh06iwtLY&feature=channel
He's playing Fox in this one, and it's a slightly different play style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZAI4DOHFWk&feature=channel
Meta Knight here. I really need to learn how to react to that Tornado better.

Vs. Matt

A good Zelda/Shiek player. Can't say much, because I only played him a few times, but he learns reasonably quickly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUl-w_F3KVA&feature=channel_page
Not complaining, but this is the only match in which he beat me. It's the last one I played before leaving for the day as well. I guess that counts as johning, doesn't it?

Sad to say that I don't have any videos of me vs. YOSH yet. I'll get some eventually.

Anyway, that's what I have so far! Feel free to ask questions or leave advice, which I need quite a lot.
Thanks for watching!

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
I love that dash dancing, tech chasing nonsense you do, looks flashy. :laugh: Overall, you have a very solid D3, the only thing I saw you used too much for my taste was the back air, although you space beautifully with it. My favorite cross up is throwing out a back air and using a down air immediately after wards using my other jumps. Works really well for applying shield pressure. Good stuff gun, I can't wait to see more! :)

Edit: One more thing, more forward and down tilt, that is all.

RATED

Smash Lord
I like ur DDD , as people know lol I love inhales. and so I liked the inhales u did. the only thing that I could say is u needed more Dtilt and some Ftilt. btw u could use nair when he got very near of u in the air when he did the airdodge u could use nairs. but everything else is perfect. btw u spaced bairs excellently

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the comments, Foursaken. I try my best with the tech chasing. :p

As you said, I like to space with it. I don't have as fast of a reaction time as a lot of people do, so I guess I like to limit my opponent's actions. That's my excuse, anyway.
If you don't think it's bad, I'll continue using back airs the way I am now, unless I feel like changing up my game mid-match, which is always a great thing to be able to do.

I've seen that move before, and done it a few times. I believe I can already reproduce it whenever I need to, so I'll see if I can add it to my game. Should be able to get through a few times. I'll probably save it for tournament matches, though. :D

I love the down tilt, but I guess I've never learned how to use it like I have the other moves. Maybe I'll try that, sounds like a good thing to learn!

Thanks, and I'll get more on there eventually. Probably a small update almost every week, I'd say, and I'll regularly trim the older videos off.

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, Rated. I'll definately try some down tilt in my game, and it should help some. I absolutely LOVE the neutral air, but I can never think to do it in time. That's something I'd like to work on as well.

Apparently I must space them well, 'cause that's 2 for 2 that have commented on them! Thanks!

RATED

Smash Lord
Thanks, Rated. I'll definately try some down tilt in my game, and it should help some. I absolutely LOVE the neutral air, but I can never think to do it in time. That's something I'd like to work on as well.

Apparently I must space them well, 'cause that's 2 for 2 that have commented on them! Thanks!
I love to help so I always if I can reply to these thread , I learned from ur vid too. u could watch my vids. I have thread called . my d3 gets RATED(something like that) no one has posted there lol but the thread is aliive, btw if u like to see my matches in that thread the first match was a 2stock to me lol is against a "broken" peach user really broken I mean it. lol but the other matches are really close ones so if u want I have 4 matches there. I would like u to see them. and rate my d3 too.

here is the thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213118

Pious Geometry

Smash Rookie
I like your play style, your aerial spacing is excellent.

You had a few missed ftilt and dtilt opportunities where you could have out ranged your opponent.

Other then that, great ddd play.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
You were really using inhale and bair well in the 2nd match vs Johrune. That last kill was awesome.
Whenever a spordodge+grab fest appears, d-tilt is your best option.
More d-tilt in general, its range is ridiculously deceptive and it comes out really fast.
More airdodging would help you get grounded when being juggled.

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
Sounds great, guys. I'm largely convinced on the down tilt, so I'll have to find the best places to use it.
Never thought to use it in a dodgefest, thanks Corrupted.

WarmSoda

Smash Apprentice
I drooled a little.

Great matches, great spacing, I LOVE your ledge canceled uair, I hope you don't mind that I'm taking it.

My only advice is to use more tilts. Specificly dtilt and ftilt ( I know it's already been brought up, just thought I'd make a point).

BTW, what state is your crew from?

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
I drooled a little.

Great matches, great spacing, I LOVE your ledge canceled uair, I hope you don't mind that I'm taking it.

My only advice is to use more tilts. Specificly dtilt and ftilt ( I know it's already been brought up, just thought I'd make a point).

BTW, what state is your crew from?
WEEZ FRUM ARKANSUS JOO FOO

That's great! I love the fact that I can directly help someones game like that, and I wish I could do more.

The tilts are already incorperated into my game, so the next time I upload videos, you should be seeing them.

Jupz

Smash Master
lol why are you trying so hard in friendlies? u were even beating him wen u had him grabbed, camping with wadlde dees and even egdehogging lol. im not critisizing you just wondering that if thats how serious you play in "friendlies" how would you play in a tourney :o

but you have a really nice DDD, that fox kill at the end of the first match was lol

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
D-tilt beats nado, U-tilt does too, bit harder though. D-smash even out prioritizes it, but its laggier, more cooldown and hitbox doesn't last as long.
Remember, when they are in the U-tilt KO-zone should play a more defensive game and let them approach you. Racking up damage with tech-chasing is no longer your biggest priority. Dedede is a beast when it comes to punishing approaches. Airdodge to buffered U-tilt is how I get half of my kills.
I was really surprised to see you were using a wii-mote. Do you prefer it to a gc controller? I find the gc controller more precise and easier to use.

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
Jupz: I play as well as I can when necessary, pretty much regardless of the situation. That in turn makes me a weaker tournament player, but it's how I am. I haven't learned how to sandbag. :D

Corrupted: lololololololololololololololololololololol
Gamecube controller>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wii Mote and Nunchuk.
*cough*
No, really, it's terrible. Absolutely terrible.
I use it because I'm pro, and it gives me the best john you've ever heard of.
You win? So what. What if I hadn't been using the Wii Mote and Nunchuk? WHAT IF I HAD USED THE GAMECUBE CONTROLLER??
Dude#1: *gasp*
Dude#2: "Oh, burned"
Dude#3: *Faints*

....Aaaaanyway. That's enough of that.

I'll keep that in mind. Perhaps I do play too aggressively when it's unnecessary? I'll see how I play this weekend. Most of my opponents have decent projectiles, though, so I can't just sit there and wait. I'll see what I can do against Meta Knight, Marth, and their ilk.

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
Updated stuff. Not much more of me, but some good fights.
There's another tournament this coming Saturday, hopefully I'll record more over there.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
It's wierd how you sometimes predicted that the falco would roll behind you, and instead of pivot grabbing, you did a roll and then tried to grab.
I'm really liking the d-tilt use.
Be more daring off-stage, go for bair gimps.

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
Yeah.... those were painful to watch, weren't they? They were accidents, results of imperfect fingers.

I have more videos (14 or so), all of which are from this last week's tournament. I'll get to uploading them when my camera stops being unhelpful.

Top Bottom